Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

The NBA 2K17 All-Time College bundle is available now for $14.99. It includes all 10 legendary college teams from Arizona, Connecticut, Georgetown, Louisville, Illinois, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Michigan State for use in Quick Game.

You can also buy teams individually for $1.99 each.

Queue them up below or search for them in the respective Stores.Below are the rosters for each team, more screenshots can be seen here.

NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 World1 @ 09/18/16 03:56 AM
I hope they see this thread and plan on fixing/patching us to be able to use them in other modes...

# 102 TJ Henderson @ 09/18/16 05:05 AM
Some of you guys ARE acting spoiled.
This was their choice to include this as an option at all. If they hadn't gone out to get college licenses and include them...even offering the Prelude for free...what would you have to complain about?

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm sure it will go down in price. If you want it in other modes, reach out to them and ask. You know they listen, and acting like they owe us something is not the best way to ask for anything we weren't entitled to in the first place.

On a side note, the decision to charge may very well data mining of sorts to gauge interest in college teams for a future project.

# 103 antdoggydogg @ 09/18/16 05:05 AM
Although I'm not interested in these College Teams, I'm excited that they're releasing this because I think it makes the idea of additional NBA historic teams being added via DLC even more possible.

I just hope they can figure out a way to unlock these teams to other modes, not just Play Now. I get the issue, you cant include them with the regular downloadable rosters because not everyone is paying for them. But if they can think of a way to give us an ability to import our DLC teams into our rosters, that would be awesome.

# 104 Mos1ted @ 09/18/16 06:11 AM
I'd rather donate $15 to a GoFundMe page to bring back the College Hoops series. Playing with this DLC would just make me miss that series even more, and I don't want to be teased like that, so I'll pass.

# 105 RandyBass @ 09/18/16 07:23 AM
Awesome idea, but quick play only?!

Come on 2K, it's like you had a break away dunk, but your knee buckled and you made the blooper reel instead of the highlights.

# 106 nox @ 09/18/16 07:36 AM
People kept asking for classic player dlc

Now we get it and people are complaining about it smh

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

# 107 tril @ 09/18/16 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlm6
Hopefully, this is the beginning of a return to a college basketball game. What I'm hoping for is that, maybe by next year, they can add more teams (i.e. Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, etc.) and be able to offer a tournament mode.
yup. folks cant read between the lines. all the changes you can make with rules, and now them adding a group of college teams, means that they are building the infrastructure for the eventual return of college hoops 2k.
when 2k finally gets back into developing a college game they will release with a full functional game, instead of waiting 3/4 years for a new title to hit its stride.
when and if they do announce the return of college hoops, we the consumer may not have to wait 2 years for the initial release, which would be great for us CH2K die-hards.

IMO, good move by 2k. they can also get a sense of how well a college game would do also, in terms of sales. I will eventually get this DLC. I may get it the first day also.

dont agree with folks saying that this is a money grab. its a college add on/feature, not an an NBA feature.

# 108 tril @ 09/18/16 08:45 AM
and with the expansion feature. I wouldnt be surprised if 2k offeres a DLC during the NCAA tournament that features the teams that are in the tournament. they can offer a DLC starting with the second round of the NCAA tourney if they wanted to. a field of 32 teams.

wishful thinking I know.... but man I want a new CH2k game badly. I play the pc mods and still play CH2k8 regularly. for me, CH2k8 is still more satisfying than the NBA2k series.

# 109 therealphatboi478 @ 09/18/16 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
NBA 2K gamers are so spoiled, its like the more they put in the game the more people have to complain about. Maybe they should be like the other sports games and not push so hard. This is an NBA game and people are complaining about having the option to pay for college teams? The licences for these schools are not free.
I couldnt agree more lol

# 110 CyberOps @ 09/18/16 10:26 AM
I get what some people are saying and I'm happy they made the teams available and I don't mind payjng for it as DLC but if I pay for it i would also like to be able to really make use of them and not just pay for them to use in a PLAY NOW, with no way to make use of the nicely created jerseys and courts as I would love to use them in myleague and mygm so hopefully 2k sees all this and decide to unlock them for use in other modes. After all they say they are all about giving you freedom in the game so.

# 111 Junior Moe @ 09/18/16 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberOps
I get what some people are saying and I'm happy they made the teams available and I don't mind payjng for it as DLC but if I pay for it i would also like to be able to really make use of them and not just pay for them to use in a PLAY NOW, with no way to make use of the nicely created jerseys and courts as I would love to use them in myleague and mygm so hopefully 2k sees all this and decide to unlock them for use in other modes. After all they say they are all about giving you freedom in the game so.
This is my only gripe. Let me use the college teams(and Dream Team) in MyLeague. I want to do a college ML and I wouldn't mind doing an Olympic one with the Dream Team and some created National Teams.

# 112 xman2k @ 09/18/16 11:16 AM
I believe this is all a test run for something they will expand on next year. Testing the waters before they go all in with whatever idea they will promote in 2k18

# 113 YourHazard216 @ 09/18/16 11:41 AM
You all really do complain about everything. 2k gamers are beyond spoiled. We are getting 10 all time great classic COLLEGE teams in a NBA game. COLLEGE TEAMS SHOULD NOT BE A EXPECTATION IN A NBA GAME. Yet we get jerseys and their courts but yall complain that they cost. Why wouldnt they? This is the definition of extra. I think it should be a little cheaper, maybe about 10 bucks but still. This is added content. we get this and people like "oh we need classic jerseys, classic courts, classic looks". 2k aint have to do this so shut up and buy it or dont. We complaining about college teams in a NBA game now? So spoiled yo

# 114 CyberOps @ 09/18/16 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHazard216
You all really do complain about everything. 2k gamers are beyond spoiled. We are getting 10 all time great classic COLLEGE teams in a NBA game. COLLEGE TEAMS SHOULD NOT BE A EXPECTATION IN A NBA GAME. Yet we get jerseys and their courts but yall complain that they cost. Why wouldnt they? This is the definition of extra. I think it should be a little cheaper, maybe about 10 bucks but still. This is added content. we get this and people like "oh we need classic jerseys, classic courts, classic looks". 2k aint have to do this so shut up and buy it or dont. We complaining about college teams in a NBA game now? So spoiled yo
But we dont get the courts and the jerseys because you cant use them unless you play a play now game and most people are not complaining about the cost, just the fact that we cant use the teams, courts, jerseys the way we can classic teams that is the main problem

# 115 DutchMastah7 @ 09/18/16 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Although I'm not interested in these College Teams, I'm excited that they're releasing this because I think it makes the idea of additional NBA historic teams being added via DLC even more possible.

I just hope they can figure out a way to unlock these teams to other modes, not just Play Now. I get the issue, you cant include them with the regular downloadable rosters because not everyone is paying for them. But if they can think of a way to give us an ability to import our DLC teams into our rosters, that would be awesome.
I remember on 2K12 if you wanted a roster with the players from the Showcase DLC you actually had to buy it.

# 116 BluFu @ 09/18/16 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nox
People kept asking for classic player dlc

Now we get it and people are complaining about it smh

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
I think people said they would take classic player dlc *if that meant more attention to detail was given*. The fact that you have Deron Williams bald/bearded, Iverson with cornrows/tats and what looks like to be Created Player versions of other guys (like Jo Jo White and Kenny Anderson).. isn't good. Not sure why anyone would pay for these actually, you can basically do this yourself with the jersey and court creator in MyLeague.

Simply put, I think the issue is what you're getting for $15, not that you have to pay in the first place.

# 117 dtlm6 @ 09/18/16 12:48 PM
College basketball is all about March Madness. They have to get at least 16 teams and have a tournament mode. Well, they don't have to do anything but that's what it would take for me to invest. Although being only 15 bucks, I will be getting it just to see what it's like.

# 118 hokupguy @ 09/18/16 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
I remember on 2K12 if you wanted a roster with the players from the Showcase DLC you actually had to buy it.
yes but a 10.00 dollar investment gave many more player and uniforms . And extended the life of the game tons of retro rosters. If that was the case here people would be more open to this DLC, put current day appearance for most would still be a no no for me.

Alot people still play it and i usually release a retro a yr for that game.

# 119 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/18/16 01:25 PM
Kudos 2k. Hopefully this leads to more teams

# 120 NINJAK2 @ 09/18/16 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
I think people said they would take classic player dlc *if that meant more attention to detail was given*. The fact that you have Deron Williams bald/bearded, Iverson with cornrows/tats and what looks like to be Created Player versions of other guys (like Jo Jo White and Kenny Anderson).. isn't good. Not sure why anyone would pay for these actually, you can basically do this yourself with the jersey and court creator in MyLeague.

Simply put, I think the issue is what you're getting for $15, not that you have to pay in the first place.
Co sign Blu. I don't mind paying for extra stuff but the one fear I had of this inclusion was that 2K would only copy and paste existing players on to these teams and it came to fruition. I was hoping they would have made an attempt to accurately portray the look of these players during their college years. Wilt with an Afro and headband, iverson, pierce, etc. all look out of character. Also most of the caps such as Danny Manning look terrible. 2K needs to hire tgor or someone else from YouTube to do their caps man.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.