Home
NHL 17 News Post

Here's a video from NHL 17 from YouTube user BaconCountry talking about some of the new strategies you'll need to be employing in NHL 17.

In the video, we see a lot of talk about cycling the puck around and controlling the perimeter on offense. You have to be patient and try to work the perimeter to try to open up the ice to get a good quality shot. Moreso than ever, it's super important to work your offense and be patient for better shot quality.

What are some of your strategies you are employing to open up the ice for better quality shots?

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cletus @ 09/20/16 12:49 PM
I've never had a problem getting quality shots. I'm no superstar or elite player or anything. In this series, use the open man, don't be afraid to pass to open space, dump and chase, and using the points have always worked for me. Do whatever you can to keep the puck moving. If the puck moves, so does the defense.

Also, know your personnel. If you have 4th line players who aren't skilled offensively, don't use them the way you would a sniper. Throw stuff on net, try for rebounds and just try quick shots. always remember scoring chances do not always equal shots. Scoring chances are not always good shots.

# 2 VeNOM2099 @ 09/20/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
...Scoring chances are not always good shots.
Not in this game they're not... 95% of the time, your opponent will just walk into your zone and take an easy lobber that the goalie can't handle. While you've just spent the last 5 minutes cycling the puck and taking good shots on net only to come up empty each time.

It's like there's no rhyme and reason for how goals go in sometimes in NHL 17.

# 3 Haeyena @ 09/21/16 10:04 AM
I've lowered the Be A Pro I'm playing to rookie to get a few goals and get back to enjoying the game again.

# 4 swampgator @ 09/25/16 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM2099
Not in this game they're not... 95% of the time, your opponent will just walk into your zone and take an easy lobber that the goalie can't handle. While you've just spent the last 5 minutes cycling the puck and taking good shots on net only to come up empty each time.

It's like there's no rhyme and reason for how goals go in sometimes in NHL 17.
This is the very sad and frustrating truth. Returning this game tomorrow. Was 13-1-1 in the beta in Online VS. Am now 15-8-7 in the release. EA REWARDS BAD HOCKEY. Not going to put up with it this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.