Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 17 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at just over 40 GB.

UPDATE: It is also available for Origin Access subscribers.

If you aren't seeing it available, try the following:
  • Open EA Access
  • Go to the Game Trials tab
  • Click the EA Sports FIFA 17 tile (It might be labeled "Coming Soon")
  • On the bottom left, click the Game Details button
  • You will then be redirected into the Microsoft Store, click the Free Trial button to start the download process
REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 TheDutchDad @ 09/21/16 02:55 PM
Is this the full game? I heard rumors it was only FUT and The Journey.

By the way, isn't this a day early...thought it wasn't available until tomorrow.

# 2 Mo @ 09/21/16 03:01 PM
That's the demo. The ea access version is the full game

# 3 TheDutchDad @ 09/21/16 03:02 PM
I know, I heard rumors that the ea access version, which every time I have played an EA Access version for the 10 allotted hours has been the full version, but I heard with FIFA it's not.

# 4 Wez_doc @ 09/21/16 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Is this the full game? I heard rumors it was only FUT and The Journey.

By the way, isn't this a day early...thought it wasn't available until tomorrow.

ea have confirmed it to be the full game with all modes, just the journey is limited.

# 5 BenVenom @ 09/21/16 03:11 PM
Thanks Steve. I saw your post and didn't read what you said fully and couldn't find it. The steps you provided worked perfectly. Just a reminder that this year with ea access both madden and nhl you were able to basically get 2 10 hour trials if you buy the game digitally. You have to first start the trial and then purchase it digitally. When the first trail is up it will then say again you have a 10 hour trial. If you pre order before you start the first trial you only get the one trial. Again there is no guarantee this will work but it did for both madden 17 and nhl 17.

# 6 CRIP4LIFE @ 09/21/16 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
I know, I heard rumors that the ea access version, which every time I have played an EA Access version for the 10 allotted hours has been the full version, but I heard with FIFA it's not.
it's the full game as is always the case. dont believe hype rumors. and traditionally, EA access 10hr trial starts a day earlier than advertised.

# 7 Zac @ 09/21/16 03:17 PM
They keep putting these out earlier and earlier. Which is kind of dumb, because they only give us 10 hours. Oh no, wait its super smart. Because crazy people like to buy subs for other accounts to get more hours. Like I did one year. But not this year EA, not this year.

# 8 TheDutchDad @ 09/21/16 03:47 PM
Curious why The Journey is limited, but no matter...will have fun.

# 9 Matt10 @ 09/21/16 03:51 PM
Not out on the PC yet. Anxiously awaiting.

# 10 DBMcGee3 @ 09/21/16 03:51 PM
I'm anxious to hear some impressions of the final build. Been loving PES big time, but I've also had moments where the FIFA demo struck the right chord with me. The bells and whistles are always nice, but I've also seen a few nice goals along the way, and I've always been a tad partial to the dribbling in FIFA.

Been on the fence for a week now about whether I'll buy it this year to serve as an occasional change of pace from time to time. Hopefully it's better than just being 'different from PES'.

# 11 Benja190782 @ 09/21/16 04:00 PM
It's a massive 40GB download - I'm at 67%

My first impression will be up asap.

# 12 dcar87 @ 09/21/16 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
It's a massive 40GB download - I'm at 67%

My first impression will be up asap.

Thank you, please tell us if sliders are in the game.

# 13 Ronoko @ 09/21/16 04:05 PM
Looks like those with pc and origin access trial may be available tomorrow.

# 14 Zac @ 09/21/16 04:16 PM
Interesting. My PS4 pre order - pre load thing downloaded last night. Its 37.8GB on the PS4. Downloading on Xbox one now for the EA Access trial. Its 40.2GB. Odd that its that much bigger on one system. I wonder if the trial includes the day one patch.

# 15 theEDGE5 @ 09/21/16 04:23 PM
Not coming up for me.

# 16 KTBFFH @ 09/21/16 04:27 PM
I'm hoping the PC trial starts tonight. Downloading on Xbox One right now. Unfortunately it looks like the mods on PC might be limited this year due to the Frostbite Engine. That along with the traditionally nonexistent support for the catalogue on PC could mean the PC version's only saving grace is the extra graphics options and 4K resolution.

# 17 ChubbyBanana @ 09/21/16 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEDGE5
Not coming up for me.
I had to click on it in the EA Access App even thought it said "Coming Soon" which took me to the store where it said "Free Trial". Didn't think I had it at first either.

# 18 Lashley93 @ 09/21/16 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
I'm hoping the PC trial starts tonight. Downloading on Xbox One right now. Unfortunately it looks like the mods on PC might be limited this year due to the Frostbite Engine. That along with the traditionally nonexistent support for the catalogue on PC could mean the PC version's only saving grace is the extra graphics options and 4K resolution.
No mods or catalogue!?

# 19 baseballguy @ 09/21/16 04:47 PM
Surprised that The Journey is limited. Any reason why?

# 20 Lashley93 @ 09/21/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
Surprised that The Journey is limited. Any reason why?
Spoilers would make the most sense

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.