Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 17 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at just over 40 GB.

UPDATE: It is also available for Origin Access subscribers.

If you aren't seeing it available, try the following:
  • Open EA Access
  • Go to the Game Trials tab
  • Click the EA Sports FIFA 17 tile (It might be labeled "Coming Soon")
  • On the bottom left, click the Game Details button
  • You will then be redirected into the Microsoft Store, click the Free Trial button to start the download process
REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 KTBFFH @ 09/21/16 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashley93
No mods or catalogue!?

Most everyone at Moddingway is pessimistic about the mod this year. And EA never update the catalogue on PC, so whatever is in it at launch is usually what stays throughout the year.

Edit: Looks like the file structure is being decoded now. Files will need to be decrypted for modding to be possible.

# 22 BenVenom @ 09/21/16 05:04 PM
A few quick observations. Sliders are in, same as years past. Under the main settings where you change difficulty level and game speed ect there is a new option that wasn't in the demo or past games. Player uniqueness(spelling). You either have attribute uniqueness on or have all players even at a rating of 85. I honestly believe it was set to uniqueness off for the demo and all players were at 85. That might explain why each team was even to play against. Without touching sliders I am already seeing more errant passes, poorer first touches and more fouls. Haven't played enough to really see if teams play different from one another.(only played 2 games).

# 23 bad_philanthropy @ 09/21/16 05:10 PM
Very interesting impressions Ben. That all sounds like a real positive thing (vs the demo). It really felt like Gamba Osaka was as good as Real Madrid, but I wasn't sure if it was just me not used to FIFA 17.

# 24 hurdinator @ 09/21/16 05:13 PM
Just want to confirm. Full game features, but limited journey?

Are stadium customisations in the settings? I'm a bit of a sim geek and want to change them to correct names in the minor leagues.

If anyone else in interested I can start a thread sharing the stadium file. It has all teams, all leagues stadiums and recommended generic stadiums to "best fit".

# 25 BenVenom @ 09/21/16 05:20 PM
I didn't go into the Journey yet but I just checked for you, everything else is available including the stadium options. It's under edit teams, then stadiums and from there you can change the home stadium for each team, change the name and select time of day and weather options for that stadium.

# 26 hurdinator @ 09/21/16 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
I didn't go into the Journey yet but I just checked for you, everything else is available including the stadium options. It's under edit teams, then stadiums and from there you can change the home stadium for each team, change the name and select time of day and weather options for that stadium.
Cheers. There's my 10 hours used.

# 27 BenVenom @ 09/21/16 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdinator

Are stadium customisations in the settings? I'm a bit of a sim geek and want to change them to correct names in the minor leagues.

If anyone else in interested I can start a thread sharing the stadium file. It has all teams, all leagues stadiums and recommended generic stadiums to "best fit".
If you could share your info on stadiums with us that would be great.

# 28 mnyce @ 09/21/16 05:31 PM
Mine is downloading now Can anyone tell me if they added the new EPL presentation or la Liga?

Thanks!

# 29 kwebbvols4423 @ 09/21/16 05:32 PM
I am assuming the Journey is limited because most people will beat the mode by the time the 10 hours are up.

# 30 Lashley93 @ 09/21/16 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols4423
I am assuming the Journey is limited because most people will beat the mode by the time the 10 hours are up.
Yep, it's to avoid spoilers.

# 31 BenVenom @ 09/21/16 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnyce
Mine is downloading now Can anyone tell me if they added the new EPL presentation or la Liga?

Thanks!
The new epl package is in. Didn't check la liga yet

# 32 KTBFFH @ 09/21/16 05:49 PM
Quote:
You just made my day. Can't wait for this download to finish!

# 33 denniscvd @ 09/21/16 06:08 PM
Quote:
weird cause it's not showing up on Journey twitch streams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNqDfmRBOwU

Don't see it

# 34 baseballguy @ 09/21/16 06:21 PM
FA Cup presentation is in and very very nice.

# 35 Velocityy @ 09/21/16 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdinator

I would LOVE this. I always change the names of the stadiums when I first buy the game, but I've never gone beyond just changing the name. Just helps add some realism when you play at Ivy Lane every game.

# 36 Da-Man @ 09/21/16 06:39 PM
I can't understand how they can add FA cup presentation but not have premier league. It really kills the immersion with that generic package they're using.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 37 kennytomson @ 09/21/16 06:48 PM
Pulisic has a generic face, figured of all the us players he would deserve a custom head.

man city jerseys still don't have the navy stripe down the side.

epl has the lion flash between highlights, but not an official score line.

# 38 Da-Man @ 09/21/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
Pulisic has a generic face, figured of all the us players he would deserve a custom head.

man city jerseys still don't have the navy stripe down the side.

epl has the lion flash between highlights, but not an official score line.
Did you check out la liga?

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 39 baseballguy @ 09/21/16 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
You just made my day. Can't wait for this download to finish!

I don't see the new EPL package in Kick Off matches. Generic.

# 40 BenVenom @ 09/21/16 07:01 PM
I apologize for jumping the gun stating the epl package was in. I saw the fa cup presentation and the new lion logo swipe. Sorry guys

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.