Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 17 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at just over 40 GB.

UPDATE: It is also available for Origin Access subscribers.

If you aren't seeing it available, try the following:
  • Open EA Access
  • Go to the Game Trials tab
  • Click the EA Sports FIFA 17 tile (It might be labeled "Coming Soon")
  • On the bottom left, click the Game Details button
  • You will then be redirected into the Microsoft Store, click the Free Trial button to start the download process
REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 ISS72 @ 09/22/16 07:36 AM
Gutted to hear it feels faster than the demo. EA should just give us a VERY SLOW game speed option in that case.

# 82 fearwhatnow @ 09/22/16 07:53 AM
The CPU AI dribbling without reason and the chicken footwork it's pure comedy central this year. EA managed to ruin completely the AI. In addition they have this shield thing and cpu uses it in the most ridiculous situations. I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order.

# 83 baseballguy @ 09/22/16 08:06 AM
The lack of the specific EPL presentation package still makes no sense to me. Why have a specific package for the FA Cup but not for the EPL?

# 84 fearwhatnow @ 09/22/16 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
The lack of the specific EPL presentation package still makes no sense to me. Why have a specific package for the FA Cup but not for the EPL?
What makes no sense is that after so many pages there only 2 posts of actual gameplay impressions and there are like 10 posts about missing cosmetic features.

# 85 Jaroha3799 @ 09/22/16 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
I have a good feeling a patch will be brought out, hopefully release date. It would make even less sense for them to use the friendly scoreboard and lineup prsentation in the EPL, with their whole "authenticity" campain going on. The EPL is the most worked on league by EA especially with the journey coming in, wouldn't make sense to have everything but the broadcast graphics.

# 86 JHedges2 @ 09/22/16 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
What makes no sense is that after so many pages there only 2 posts of actual gameplay impressions and there are like 10 posts about missing cosmetic features.
To be fair, this isn't (the) impressions thread...lol...

# 87 DBMcGee3 @ 09/22/16 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
The CPU AI dribbling without reason and the chicken footwork it's pure comedy central this year. EA managed to ruin completely the AI. In addition they have this shield thing and cpu uses it in the most ridiculous situations. I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order.
I didn't find it to be all that bad in the demo. Generally if I pressed them (on World Class) they pass the ball around pretty well. Kinda figured that adjusting the passing accuracy via the sliders would help the gameplay significantly.

The shielding seemed OP'd to me in the demo but I didn't feel like the CPU used it much at all. If anything it just made me feel guilty about using it because it was so effective. It's a cool feature if they could balance it well.

# 88 KG @ 09/22/16 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I didn't find it to be all that bad in the demo. Generally if I pressed them (on World Class) they pass the ball around pretty well. Kinda figured that adjusting the passing accuracy via the sliders would help the gameplay significantly.

The shielding seemed OP'd to me in the demo but I didn't feel like the CPU used it much at all. If anything it just made me feel guilty about using it because it was so effective. It's a cool feature if they could balance it well.
When I jumped the difficulty up to Legendary a lot of the CPU annoyances like mindless dribbling and inexplicable shielding in places where you wouldn't/shouldn't shield went away. Now other things creeped up but overall it was more enjoyable.

# 89 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/22/16 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
Pulisic has a generic face, figured of all the us players he would deserve a custom head.

man city jerseys still don't have the navy stripe down the side.

epl has the lion flash between highlights, but not an official score line.
Not gonna lie. I'm not sure I can play the game until this gets fixed. It would drive me insane. OCD is crippling, sometimes.

# 90 nunogomes @ 09/22/16 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3

The problem is you will be gutting a already bad offensive AI even more...

Now, iīve seen Mattīs video, skipped a bit here and there because itīs a 2h plus video, but my impressions were this:

Loved the positioning of the players on the field. It felt great actually, i think this is a huge thing, specially this early in the game, to have teams well positioned. Spaces well covered, good runs by the players (on offense and defense), this looked really, really good!

Low shotīs seemed well done, not overpowered, not underpowered, with good and believable trajectory also.

Still didnīt like a few things like 1 shot on target (2 shots total i believe) by the CPU in the first game, 93% CPU pass accuracy in the 2nd game (along with 86 and 87% on others), and the shielding and drilled passes seemed "forced" to show the feature.

Again, CPU still doesnīt shoot enough (almost never) outside the box, except if itīs first time shot, and too many times uses the regular/power shot animation to shoot balls really close to the goal where just a tip in would be what the player would do 100% of the time (this last part is aesthetic but it looks bad).

But what caught my eye the most, in a bad way, is the ball trajectory on crosses and lobs... itīs just very off, very artificial, the physics of the ball in those situations are way off. Almost like a baloon...

I feel like this game will be superb played against other human, but i donīt see it being as good playing the CPU, because of their offense (their defense is fine). Of course itīs too early to tell, but these are legacy problems, never solved before so... letīs see.

# 91 JHedges2 @ 09/22/16 09:50 AM
I am dying for Tuesday.

What are your thoughts on tactics and player instructions? Do they actually seem to work...?

# 92 BSDShoes @ 09/22/16 09:57 AM
The typical EA AI still around, kicking at the net and almost 9 out of 10 times scoring the goal at 45th and 90th minutes, oy vey, one of them in my last match was outside the box (about halfway between box and center circle) and after that the AI pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass repeatedly- not exactly enjoyable.

# 93 Benja190782 @ 09/22/16 10:00 AM
So what did the patch actually do then??

Gameplay being faster than the demo is simply horrible news! We need VERY SLOW more than ever.

@nunogomes: it will always be better playing against another human than the CPU. That's a fact! But as mentioned before the CPU reacts so much more human on Legendary in FIFA 17.

Kind of the same way "Ultimate" level felt in 16.

# 94 nunogomes @ 09/22/16 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
@nunogomes: it will always be better playing against another human than the CPU. That's a fact! But as mentioned before the CPU reacts so much more human on Legendary in FIFA 17.

Yes, of course, against a human itīs always better (except online ****heads), but it can also be enjoyable against CPU, and right now, it doesnīt seem so. Again, it can change of course...

# 95 RogerDodger @ 09/22/16 10:32 AM
Premier League presentation seems to be missing this time. It was in FIFA 16. Can't understand why they have the exclusive rights if they end up official stuff like the presentation. FA Cup is nice, but the teams are wearing their PL shirts with a PL logo there instead of an FA Cup logo.

# 96 TomSellecksMustache @ 09/22/16 10:52 AM
Does your progress in the 10 hour trial carry over when the game is released?

Can I start a career now and keep it going or will I have to start over?

# 97 BSDShoes @ 09/22/16 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
So what did the patch actually do then??

Gameplay being faster than the demo is simply horrible news! We need VERY SLOW more than ever.

I agree, really liking legendary, even set it to slow however passing is horrible- the ball feels like it's half deflated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSellecksMustache
Does your progress in the 10 hour trial carry over when the game is released?

Can I start a career now and keep it going or will I have to start over?
Yup you can continue once game is released.

# 98 JHedges2 @ 09/22/16 11:22 AM
In limited videos I've seen, the lighting looks really good. I presume it isn't progressive though?

# 99 BSDShoes @ 09/22/16 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
In limited videos I've seen, the lighting looks really good. I presume it isn't progressive though?
The lighting was an issue in demo but it's been improved in full version.

# 100 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/22/16 11:49 AM
Anyone checked for the winter gear bug, yet?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.