Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 tuning update is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users. Below is the list of improvements and updates to gameplay.
  • Increased interception chances for user-controlled defenders in Multi-player catches
  • Reduced kick meter accuracy penalty under rain conditions.
  • Reduced kick meter power penalty under snow conditions.
  • Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)
  • A variety of tuning changes to help defense be more effective vs. running plays
  • Reduced frequency of organic knock-outs after catches
  • Reduced chances of broken tackles for ball carriers
  • Slightly reduced throw-out-of-sack fumble chances
  • Reduced chance for pass-blocking RB's to Cut-Block
  • Reduce chance for success when pass-blocking RB's Cut-Block
Let us know what you're seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 NFLfan80 @ 09/23/16 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
No this is not the title update/patch this is a smaller tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know if the offline formation subs issue will be in that patch?

# 82 SolidSquid @ 09/23/16 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
actually i thought it began when they pretty much did away with the strip feature that played great at launch, now i cant buy one .
This worked so well, especially when a ball carrier had just broken a tackle and you came in with the strip button.

# 83 kaptainkev562 @ 09/23/16 03:01 PM
Just play a cfm game on all madden and I'm getting a lot more pressure on the cpu QB. 6 sacks in the first half with the titans

# 84 Bigg Cee @ 09/23/16 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This worked so well, especially when a ball carrier had just broken a tackle and you came in with the strip button.
it was good but just a lil too powerful. They way it is now is perfect. I still get tons of strip fumbles in online games. Just know who is carry the ball and how low there carry rating is. The chargers RB Melvin Gordon will fumble all the time if you use the strip ball mechanic on him, so it's still pretty balanced and effective. Before guys with high 80's and 90's rating would still always fumble on the strip.

I like it the way it is. I even have a couple of games before the fumble fix were me and my opponent would strip fumble each other back to back to back times in a online game.

# 85 howboutdat @ 09/23/16 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
it was good but just a lil too powerful. They way it is now is perfect. I still get tons of strip fumbles in online games. Just know who is carry the ball and how low there carry rating is. The chargers RB Melvin Gordon will fumble all the time if you use the strip ball mechanic on him, so it's still pretty balanced and effective. Before guys with high 80's and 90's rating would still always fumble on the strip.

I like it the way it is. I even have a couple of games before the fumble fix were me and my opponent would strip fumble each other back to back to back times in a online game.
Odd , it must have a opposite effect on online cfm gameplay then, because in ours, we hardly see it ever happen since then.I literally try about 70% of my tackles to strip it first. I think ive gotten maybe 1 or 2 .... tops out of 7 weeks of trying.Thats not ok in my book.

# 86 bkrich83 @ 09/23/16 03:13 PM
Haven't played with this tuner and I may not download it. I have the game playing just the way I want it at this point. Always makes me nervous when they start tweaking gameplay. Ruined my experience in NCAA 14.

# 87 himynameisao @ 09/23/16 03:15 PM
Any news on the Madden Companion App?

# 88 The JareBear @ 09/23/16 03:15 PM
I played one game with tuner so far, 13 min quarters, 15 second clock. Broncos (me) vs Bengals, Charters sliders

It's just one game but I felt the pressure/pass rush was definitely nerfed on both sides. I saw a lot more patty cake static line play and even less movement than before. I guess I can tweak the penalty and blocking sliders to get back to where it was before.

I never saw a "insta shed" problem before, but that's just me, I have always been in favor of pass rush and pressure so maybe I was always biased. Good pass rushers are good pass rushers, most madden players never hot route TE or HBs to help block, heaven forbid they have to account for a good pass rush.

# 89 bcruise @ 09/23/16 03:16 PM
To add: I'm also seeing no lack of front 7 pressure from the CPU. It's not the "insta-sheds" as they called them, but it's still defensive wins that force me to get the ball out within 3-4 seconds.

This twitter converstation kind of explains what's going on, and it does reflect what I'm seeing so far:

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...85920399282176

# 90 charter04 @ 09/23/16 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Do you know if the offline formation subs issue will be in that patch?

Clint said its possible for auto sub stuff to be in the upcoming patch

# 91 roadman @ 09/23/16 03:33 PM
Ok, that's all I needed to hear from Clint.

The insta sheds were designed to help fix the insta sheds from lower rated lineman.

# 92 NFLfan80 @ 09/23/16 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Clint said its possible for auto sub stuff to be in the upcoming patch

Awesome thanks!

# 93 KingV2k3 @ 09/23/16 03:40 PM
Well, the nice thing about tuners is the ability to simply delete them if you don't like the way they influence gameplay...

However, once the patch drops, ALL this will be folded into that and will no longer be "optional"...

Unless you sign out of the internet, of course...

#options

# 94 jfsolo @ 09/23/16 03:44 PM
Having tracked all of Clint's tweets since the release this morning, I'm not worried at all. I may have to make a few minor adjustments, but otherwise I expect to continue enjoying a game that I really, really like a lot.

# 95 Bigg Cee @ 09/23/16 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Well, the nice thing about tuners is the ability to simply delete them if you don't like the way they influence gameplay...

However, once the patch drops, ALL this will be folded into that and will no longer be "optional"...

Unless you sign out of the internet, of course...

#options
having the options to pick which tuner and have the date next to the tuner in the options menu would be great.

# 96 life4eva @ 09/23/16 04:18 PM
Call Me Crazy, but I DO NOT like ANY of these changes..... Personally the ONLY thing I can think of is just to allow for smoother animations, other than that and after about 30 game splayed I can say the game is almost perfectly balanced.

Finally being able to break tackles in the "running game" to only have that taken away is the worst idea.....

# 97 BleedGreen710 @ 09/23/16 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Having tracked all of Clint's tweets since the release this morning, I'm not worried at all. I may have to make a few minor adjustments, but otherwise I expect to continue enjoying a game that I really, really like a lot.
Im in the same boat. I was really skeptical at first but his tweets made me think some of these changes are for the better. in fact a lot of them i just misunderstood like the insta-rip and the 'organic' drops. though I am worried about the runningbacks not able to break as many tackles. i had a hard enough time as it was breaking tackles and not having a RB ability slider makes me nervous.

# 98 CJmoney @ 09/23/16 04:43 PM
So are they ever gonna fix the ridiculous wind issue in franchise? It really takes me out of it when the wind is 15 mph every single outside game

# 99 SolidSquid @ 09/23/16 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
To add: I'm also seeing no lack of front 7 pressure from the CPU. It's not the "insta-sheds" as they called them, but it's still defensive wins that force me to get the ball out within 3-4 seconds.

This twitter converstation kind of explains what's going on, and it does reflect what I'm seeing so far:

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...85920399282176
How much time do you want in the pocket?!?!?!

# 100 bcruise @ 09/23/16 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
How much time do you want in the pocket?!?!?!
On a 4 man rush? Around 3 seconds on average.

Obviously less when the defense brings heat.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.