Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 tuning update is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users. Below is the list of improvements and updates to gameplay.
  • Increased interception chances for user-controlled defenders in Multi-player catches
  • Reduced kick meter accuracy penalty under rain conditions.
  • Reduced kick meter power penalty under snow conditions.
  • Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)
  • A variety of tuning changes to help defense be more effective vs. running plays
  • Reduced frequency of organic knock-outs after catches
  • Reduced chances of broken tackles for ball carriers
  • Slightly reduced throw-out-of-sack fumble chances
  • Reduced chance for pass-blocking RB's to Cut-Block
  • Reduce chance for success when pass-blocking RB's Cut-Block
Let us know what you're seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 tyler28 @ 09/23/16 05:19 PM
Ive played 3 games since the tuner and i havent seen any major changes that cant be fixed w sliders.

I actually feel the ai plays better on am. All 3 games have been defensively better wo being op. Before the tuner i swear every game was a shoot out and turnover city

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

# 102 bcruise @ 09/23/16 05:36 PM
Look what I found:

Full disclosure: This is play now, not franchise. But regardless, I haven't seen quarter injuries in either mode yet this year - it was always at least end of game.

Injuries were at 50 btw, instead of the default 10 for Play now.

# 103 DeuceDouglas @ 09/23/16 05:40 PM
Played a game and didn't notice much different. Had a bunch of drops by my WR's as soon as they were contacted but that's been the norm. Really wish they would tune QB accuracy in one of these though. Played the Cowboys and Prescott was 34 of 42 and his incompletions were five throw aways, two where I hit him as he threw and the ball fell out of his hand, and one interception. This was on 15 for CPU accuracy, very annoying.

# 104 xzayla @ 09/23/16 05:56 PM
Since the tuner I've noticed the pass rush about the same. I'm still getting plenty of pressure on the cpu. Only thing different is I noticed my receivers morphed magically about 5 yards to catch the ball 3 times in only 1 game. I had only seen it once in about 50 games that bad before. Maybe just a concidence.

# 105 BleedGreen710 @ 09/23/16 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Had a bunch of drops by my WR's as soon as they were contacted but that's been the norm.
the tuner only changed organic collisions with receivers causing too many drops, not animations. it was to fix times when your receiver would catch the ball but graze the defender and suddenly drop the ball for no reason. i dont have the source on this it was posted a few pages back from one of the devs twitter.

# 106 booker21 @ 09/23/16 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Am I the only one who thinks these changes are bad?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I said on Twitter. Madden will never be a sim. Most madden community is not sim and they make the changes for them. Not to get the most realistic game possible.

Sad but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 107 roadman @ 09/23/16 06:07 PM
After playing one game in Play Now, I feel that the game plays a bit cleaner.

There are still QB issues to clean up, but I played Packers vs Lions, and Stafford and Rodgers both stayed in the pocket.

I saw plenty of sacks and pressure on both sides.

There is nothing wrong with this tuner at all, nothing, zilch, zippo.

Happy, but true.

# 108 booker21 @ 09/23/16 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I am willing to bet every single one of these changes were made based on multiplayer feedback. It's a yearly cycle with Madden. I don't know why I am even the least bit surprised.

- Market as made for the simulation fans
- Release with simulation game play, so that the sim fans are happy and onboard with a purchase. EA has the sim market
- Cater the rest of the updates to the multiplayer crowd, who are the majority.
- By the end of the cycle, the game is tuned to the online fanbase, who are usually the ones that will play the game and spend the money on MUT until the next release.

Rinse and Repeat

It's a bait and switch.

The problem with digital is that you can't play the game without patches. Next time I will get disc version so I can just play straight offline without this arcade bull$hit they add and remove with patches and tuner.

# 109 bcruise @ 09/23/16 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
After playing one game in Play Now, I feel that the game plays a bit cleaner.

There are still QB issues to clean up, but I played Packers vs Lions, and Stafford and Rodgers both stayed in the pocket.

I saw plenty of sacks and pressure on both sides.

There is nothing wrong with this tuner at all, nothing, zilch, zippo.
Agree. I played vs the Panthers (hence my screenshot) and while Cam did have a few designed runs (including a great QB draw call at the goalline for a TD) and ran around in the backfield some to escape pressure, it still looked awkward and he didn't actually try to run past the LOS. I don't feel as though the QB scrambling logic has been tweaked, so I'll wait for the patch on that.

Was happy to see the Kuechly injury for a quarter, fluke or not.

# 110 booker21 @ 09/23/16 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Played a game and didn't notice much different. Had a bunch of drops by my WR's as soon as they were contacted but that's been the norm. Really wish they would tune QB accuracy in one of these though. Played the Cowboys and Prescott was 34 of 42 and his incompletions were five throw aways, two where I hit him as he threw and the ball fell out of his hand, and one interception. This was on 15 for CPU accuracy, very annoying.

Keep dreaming [emoji4]

# 111 SmashMan @ 09/23/16 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
The problem with digital is that you can't play the game without patches. Next time I will get disc version so I can just play straight offline without this arcade bull$hit they add and remove with patches and tuner.

Have you played with this latest tuner yet?

# 112 booker21 @ 09/23/16 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Have you played with this latest tuner yet?

Last 2017. No. But I did with 2015 and 2016. And it was always the same story. I loved the launch gameplay but it kept getting worst with patches and tuner. Hopefully 2017 prove me wrong.

# 113 gman2774 @ 09/23/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Look what I found:

Full disclosure: This is play now, not franchise. But regardless, I haven't seen quarter injuries in either mode yet this year - it was always at least end of game.

Injuries were at 50 btw, instead of the default 10 for Play now.
Bcruise--did you manually adjust to 50 or is it now the default setting as a result of the tuner?

# 114 Fist Of Kings @ 09/23/16 06:26 PM
I have several gripes with madden 17, but none of these patches addresses them at all. What was listed as 'fixes' aren't even issues for me.

# 115 bcruise @ 09/23/16 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Bcruise--did you manually adjust to 50 or is it now the default setting instead of 10?
10 is still the play now default. I changed it to 50 myself.

FWIW, the Keuchly injury was the only one from that game (the others, as part of the roster update, were already on IR.)

# 116 SmashMan @ 09/23/16 06:34 PM
Quote:
Last 2017. No. But I did with 2015 and 2016. And it was always the same story. I loved the launch gameplay but it kept getting worst with patches and tuner. Hopefully 2017 prove me wrong.

I'm just saying play with this (and any, really) tuner and see what happens before passing judgment.

# 117 DeuceDouglas @ 09/23/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
the tuner only changed organic collisions with receivers causing too many drops, not animations. it was to fix times when your receiver would catch the ball but graze the defender and suddenly drop the ball for no reason. i dont have the source on this it was posted a few pages back from one of the devs twitter.
Yeah, I saw that too. I had a couple like that and then a couple where they actually got hit and the ball came out but it didn't seem any different than pre-tuner for me. It very rarely ever happens with the CPU, they don't drop anything and even when I'm in position to absolutely destroy the receiver it seems like my defender ends up on the losing end of the contact.

# 118 booker21 @ 09/23/16 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
10 is still the play now default. I changed it to 50 myself.

FWIW, the Keuchly injury was the only one from that game (the others, as part of the roster update, were already on IR.)

I had injuries for 1 quarter before. So it's not new.

# 119 roadman @ 09/23/16 07:12 PM
Quote:
I had injuries for 1 quarter before. So it's not new.

Not on my end for injuries in CFM.

I'm happy as a lark brcruise took the time to take the picture.

I had multiple injuries in my CFM ranging from 4 to 9 weeks.

Thanks bcruise.

# 120 snc237 @ 09/23/16 07:17 PM
I think kicking is too easy still. I was a little rough the first week but I can't recall now the last time I missed. Still automatic again. Would be nice to see the meter have random speeds so you can't memorize the button press.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.