Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 tuning update is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users. Below is the list of improvements and updates to gameplay.
  • Increased interception chances for user-controlled defenders in Multi-player catches
  • Reduced kick meter accuracy penalty under rain conditions.
  • Reduced kick meter power penalty under snow conditions.
  • Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)
  • A variety of tuning changes to help defense be more effective vs. running plays
  • Reduced frequency of organic knock-outs after catches
  • Reduced chances of broken tackles for ball carriers
  • Slightly reduced throw-out-of-sack fumble chances
  • Reduced chance for pass-blocking RB's to Cut-Block
  • Reduce chance for success when pass-blocking RB's Cut-Block
Let us know what you're seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 roadman @ 09/25/16 07:57 AM
I've played several games after downloading the tuner and I love it better now than launch.

There seems to be less sliding around and much more cleaner game.

That is my opinion of this tuner, it's not like the tuners of the past.

# 162 booker21 @ 09/25/16 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Amen Booker! I took the tuner off, and I am going to do all I can to avoid this next patch. It seriously sucks that they cut our access to the roster shares and commentary downloads if we don't have the latest patch. We should be able to play our way instead of having to play EA ball. It's the same pattern year end and year out. It infuriates me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I'm going to delete it. The problem is when the include the tuner in the patch.

I think on ps4 you can pause the install and leave it there and still play the game. But I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 163 booker21 @ 09/25/16 10:26 AM
Quote:
My biggest bother with this tuner, is the change they made to the tackling. Before, you had to be selective as to which type of tackle you wanted to make. With this tuner, A tackle is all but guaranteed regardless of which button you hit. I can literally not hit a button and run into the ball carrier, and be successful in making a tackle. And as I said before, I don't see near the variety of animations I saw pre-tuner.

One of the reasons why I feel it's scripted and less organic.

Sometimes I like some unknowing. Now is like it has to trigger the animation to
Something happened.

# 164 roadman @ 09/25/16 10:29 AM
Quote:
My biggest bother with this tuner, is the change they made to the tackling. Before, you had to be selective as to which type of tackle you wanted to make. With this tuner, A tackle is all but guaranteed regardless of which button you hit. I can literally not hit a button and run into the ball carrier, and be successful in making a tackle. And as I said before, I don't see near the variety of animations I saw pre-tuner.

I respect your opinion, but when I still hit aggressive tackle, I will sometimes whiff or the RB will bounce off the tackle.

I feel the animations all around are much better and cleaned up, just my take on my experiences.

# 165 booker21 @ 09/25/16 10:35 AM
Don't forget the catching. Now WR catch everything unless a scripted animation kick in to drop the ball. Before they ball would just get loose. Loved it.

# 166 roadman @ 09/25/16 10:36 AM
Quote:
Maybe, but do you see the variety. I don't

I haven't seen much difference pre-tuner vs post tuner as far as variety goes.

I recognize people have different experiences with the game.

I know there some slider makers applauding the changes with the tuner and I know some of the slider makers that are now applauding, they were leery of tuner changes in the past.

# 167 xCoachDx @ 09/25/16 10:41 AM
Quote:
Amen Booker! I took the tuner off, and I am going to do all I can to avoid this next patch. It seriously sucks that they cut our access to the roster shares and commentary downloads if we don't have the latest patch. We should be able to play our way instead of having to play EA ball. It's the same pattern year end and year out. It infuriates me.

And yet we keep feeding them money. So in EA's eyes, they have a pattern for success.

# 168 roadman @ 09/25/16 10:50 AM
Quote:
Road, these are the same slider makers touting the tuner that touted The changes made last year, that made the game crap. I don't care how you swing it. Madden 16 was a great game in the beginning, and EAs changes, by the end of the cycle turned the game into a complete mess

You brought up 16, I didn't.

I have no clue about what the slider makers said about 16.

And just because you feel that 16 was done in that fashion, doesn't mean 17 is, either.

Peoples experiences will vary, don't you agree with that?

# 169 roadman @ 09/25/16 10:56 AM
Quote:
Yes I agree with that. However, to me, and as I've been saying all along, the game felt best post release. I personally feel the tuner took the gameplay a step in the wrong direction. But that's just me

I just have a different opinion and experience than yours.

I feel the game is playing better post tuner and that is just me, too.

# 170 roadman @ 09/25/16 11:26 AM
And I'm just saying that I'm not the only one in this thread or even at OS that are feeling good and positive about this tuner, which is, like you said, subjective.

Once it comes down to this, it's a, your mileage may vary or to each their own.

# 171 jfsolo @ 09/25/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And I'm just saying that I'm not the only one in this thread or even at OS that are feeling good and positive about this tuner, which is, like you said, subjective.

Once it comes down to this, it's a, your mileage may vary or to each their own.
Yep, I think that this tuner was phenomenal, it is what it is.

# 172 underdog13 @ 09/25/16 12:56 PM
Quote:
On another note. Has anyone noticed that the swat mechanic is not as effective anymore? I've noticed if I try to play a ball in the air with the swap mechanic my defender just sits on his haunches. Again, another unnecessary change.

I felt like the swat mechanic was always like that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 173 misties @ 09/25/16 01:08 PM
Am I the only one who thinks these changes are bad?

# 174 benton32 @ 09/25/16 01:21 PM
It asked me to update the latest tuner and i havent yet.. but i noticed wow fumbles galore omg, well my first pre season game had like 3 total. seems the QB fumble the most,

but in my final regular season game, of season 3 my QB fumbled, get ready for this... 7 times in one half, granted i like to use a oregon kinda offense, reads, triple option, ok oregon doesnt run triple options haha, inverted veers,

run with the QB, and wow almost everytime he got hit he fumbled, even the other team, the RBs also but not as bad, one game Hyde fumbled 3 times, it happens but still it got to the point where whatever team fumbled less won the game haa,

Some of the run plays on both teams seem like they are alil harder now which is ok, i hated having like 2 or 3 70-80 yard runs a game byeither team, what im still getting alil annoyed at is this 2 min drives u cant stop the other team, at least it was pre season but i was playing the rams, I was up 19-14 and they started with the ball around their own 30 ish, 1:40 left and they drove down field got the TD and 2, they went up 3 and i had only like 8 seconds left when i got the ball back, ugh, they hadnt scored a TD since mid 3rd qtr

anyways im done blabbing, i should post some of these in the bugs and glitches area, well maybe just the fumble issue,

but there is a couple other things to,

Anyone notice that if u happen to press sim next play on a PAT, and if its a watched one on slow mode, the ball is placed way back at the like 30-35 haha wow, 40 something yard PAT,

and on user kicks i do everything correct, correct angle, everything done right on the meter and the ball shanks hard to the right..

# 175 bobloblah1980 @ 09/25/16 01:24 PM
So.. I have avoided the tuner because of the feedback here and other places...but from I'm reading as soon as the patch comes out it's automatically included?

# 176 roadman @ 09/25/16 01:25 PM
For XP, try going half way up on the meter and back. The closer to the top you go, the more your kicks will miss the mark.

# 177 benton32 @ 09/25/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For XP, try going half way up on the meter and back. The closer to the top you go, the more your kicks will miss the mark.
weird i thought the higher u go the more power or maybe i dunno the new meter yet lol

# 178 Champion8877 @ 09/25/16 01:37 PM
I feel like most of the people complaining about this tuner played a bad game or two and jumped to a conclusion that it's terrible. Not much has changed, very minor stuff. No reason to not download the tuner if you ask me. Every time there is a tuner people complain, claim they broke the game, and even convince themselves the tuner changed things it had nothing to do with. Reading through the thread, this one is no different. Just saying, for those of you who aren't downloading the tuner because people here are complaining, you should probably just download and decide for yourself

# 179 SmashMan @ 09/25/16 02:20 PM
Quote:
I'm watching the Raiders and Titans game. The Titans are missing tackle after tackle. Let me restate, there was nothing wrong with the missed tackle percentages.

Maybe looking at the data on a larger scale showed otherwise.

# 180 roadman @ 09/25/16 02:23 PM
Quote:
I'm watching the Raiders and Titans game. The Titans are missing tackle after tackle. Let me restate, there was nothing wrong with the missed tackle percentages.

Why are you feeling the need to trump your opinion over the opinion of others?

It's plain as day you don't like this tuner.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.