Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes
  • Gave DOM the ability to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control
  • Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it
  • Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to Featherweight
(UPDATE: 9-27) The patch is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, below are the patch notes.

Updates
  • Added three new fighters; Nikita Krylov in Light Heavyweight; Jimmie Rivera in Bantamweight; Jake Matthews in Lightweight
  • Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to Featherweight
  • Updated moves for various fighters
  • Ultimate Team players now earn a reward pack for their first win of the day in Ultimate Championships
Gameplay
  • Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it
  • Added the ability for the DOM fighter to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control
  • Fixed the Stamina setting in Practice Mode
  • Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/26/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Looking at te first spoiler... Im now curious if sub side control faking sprawl cancelling all strikes is intended or a bug as well?

Never made sense to me how someone turning to their side stops a knee, or an elbow or any sort of strike... Even when the animation for the strike already started..
Anything in side control isn't as relevant because side control strikes don't interrupt the SUBs transition attempts.

So it's more an aesthetic thing in side control, whatever looks right. Might have missed some for sure, but the half guard one was a real problem because of the impact on gameplay (on top of the fact that it looked stupid).

# 22 Kenetic NRG @ 09/26/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I haven't heard anything one way or the other.
Please for the love of god reset it

# 23 HereticGabriel @ 09/26/16 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Anything in side control isn't as relevant because side control strikes don't interrupt the SUBs transition attempts.

So it's more an aesthetic thing in side control, whatever looks right. Might have missed some for sure, but the half guard one was a real problem because of the impact on gameplay (on top of the fact that it looked stupid).
Yeah true. The only other transition I can think of off the top of my head that you can fake that stops striking where strikes can stop transitions(If I remember correctly) would be having the sub spam full guard, when dom is in full guard postured, I think the get up from either side might too if cancelled, but honestly not sure haven't played much lately outside of league fights

# 24 Helmholz_Watson_ @ 09/26/16 03:54 PM
On the subject of stopping transitions:

I was playing a R Lawler and I was in postured up full guard and he kept spamming full guard (at least ten times in a row without any stamina), and I was unable to strike following denial. GPD, try it, it was ridiculous. Finally I transitioned to something else. It seems as though I should have been able to strike.

If possible, at some point, can you shave some of the dominance off of the champs? Yes, I know they are champs for a reason, but in terms of gameplay it seems as though they are super-duper dominant.

# 25 Donnie_Brasco_FR @ 09/26/16 04:48 PM
Hi dev,
in an old patch, you correct Rampage and some others fighters moves, but when you look at Rampage stats, it's bizarre, you made Rumble more better on ground and clinch than Rampage, it's insane, and Rampage has no power takedown and slam from the clinch, it's a non sence to take him exept his boxing which is very good, hopefully.
And i have a question too, can you make possible a guillotine or kimura counter on all takedown?

# 26 Boiler569 @ 09/26/16 05:09 PM
More damage from lunging into strike = Good!

That said, for UFC 3, I think it'd be a good idea to reduce the accuracy *and* power of strikes when you lunge AWAY from them.

As it stands now, you can lunge away from a head kick or spinning kick (or even basic body kick) --- but it will still hit with almost perfect accuracy, laser guided strikes

But this is a good tweak for sure !

# 27 Donnie_Brasco_FR @ 09/26/16 05:30 PM
Lunging is sway or side step?

# 28 TheSouthpaw @ 09/26/16 06:06 PM
When I first saw the picture in the op, I thought we were getting a blast double to SC. Well a man can dream right?

# 29 johnmangala @ 09/26/16 06:25 PM
Please clinch punch health events and return of shift strike like the open door hook from eaufc1 and lunging hooks etc.

# 30 SUGATA @ 09/26/16 06:41 PM
GPD, what does round strike mean? Is this ANY strike with rounded trajectory for ex Hooks, elbow, Leg kick or only full circular strikes like spinning kick?
Do u add increased dmg for linear strike which is landing on dashing FWD opponent?

# 31 Bigg Cee @ 09/26/16 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Do not reset the leaderboards. Wtf.
There not. It was just a question and he said no. Don't worry your record is safe.

# 32 Kenetic NRG @ 09/26/16 07:52 PM
Reset them on Xbox. So many people with fake records from blocking people.

# 33 bcelts @ 09/26/16 08:19 PM
I thought something big was supposed to drop for the last patch!

# 34 Bigg Cee @ 09/26/16 08:24 PM
Honestly I don't want nothing else big for UFC 2. The game is pretty much patched to death and plays great. Now it's time for UFC 3 but if they did add something huge for the last patch, I would want color shorts because the more and more I watch UFC fights live the more I want my blue American shorts or my Brazilian yellow.

# 35 HereticGabriel @ 09/26/16 08:59 PM
Although I'm sure it's too late, having Jorge Masvidal at Lightweight would be nice... And/ Diego Sanchez at Welterweight as both have been in those weight classes before

# 36 bcelts @ 09/26/16 10:19 PM
Is that it for the last patch?

# 37 Bigg Cee @ 09/26/16 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Is that it for the last patch?
yup and maybe some new fighter dlc, but UFC 2 patches are officially over.

# 38 The Senator @ 09/26/16 11:05 PM
Any chances for any moveset updates?

# 39 TheRizzzle @ 09/26/16 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
yup and maybe some new fighter dlc, but UFC 2 patches are officially over.
I believe they'll probably be done with the fighters also. I'd love to keep em coming, but I think we are done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

# 40 TreJayMMA @ 09/27/16 12:33 AM
Wow.... we're finally here... the last patch of EA UFC 2... I'm hoping for them to end it with a BANG. I hope they add the new trunks, add will Brooks, and add other stuff to make this patch the best one.... Looking forward to EA UFC 3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.