Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes
  • Gave DOM the ability to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control
  • Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it
  • Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to Featherweight
(UPDATE: 9-27) The patch is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, below are the patch notes.

Updates
  • Added three new fighters; Nikita Krylov in Light Heavyweight; Jimmie Rivera in Bantamweight; Jake Matthews in Lightweight
  • Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to Featherweight
  • Updated moves for various fighters
  • Ultimate Team players now earn a reward pack for their first win of the day in Ultimate Championships
Gameplay
  • Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it
  • Added the ability for the DOM fighter to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control
  • Fixed the Stamina setting in Practice Mode
  • Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
GPD how much power did you put into round strikes when you get hit while lunging to the left or right?
1.6 multiplier.

# 82 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
1.6 multiplier.
Sorry, 1.6 for the short lunge, 2.4 for the long lunge.

# 83 Bigg Cee @ 09/27/16 03:58 PM
Quote:
and what's the power for getting hit with a strike while crouching down?

# 84 fballturkey @ 09/27/16 04:04 PM
I really hope some AI upgrades got in and just weren't included on the notes. If this is the last patch and the AI hasn't improved dramatically then the game isn't playable for me.

# 85 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
and what's the power for getting hit with a strike while crouching down?
2x

Was 3x in the last patch.

# 86 bcelts @ 09/27/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
I love your work and dedication on the game! Thank you for everything. I bought the game on both consoles. Is there any way to adjust long term stamina through a hot fix and not a patch? Really think little more power and consequences for striking too much could make standup little more realistic. Also can block be tweaked to be more responsive. Just asking? Thank you for your hard work man!

# 87 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
I love your work and dedication on the game! Thank you for everything. I bought the game on both consoles. Is there any way to adjust long term stamina through a hot fix and not a patch? Really think little more power and consequences for striking too much could make standup little more realistic. Also can block be tweaked to be more responsive. Just asking? Thank you for your hard work man!
Could be done to some degree.

Doesn't mean it will be though.

# 88 Bigg Cee @ 09/27/16 04:10 PM
Quote:
2x

Was 3x in the last patch.
Thank you for the asnwers.

I'm off to go play some UFC 2 Online. Bye!

# 89 Haz____ @ 09/27/16 04:16 PM
Today is my birthday and the patch came out today.

How ****ing awesome. Im so excited. Thanks Devs for the amazing birthday present!!!

Downloading now. What moves were updated?

# 90 Donnie_Brasco_FR @ 09/27/16 04:16 PM
What means crouching down?

# 91 connolls @ 09/27/16 04:17 PM
Freeze game glitch still works on xbox

# 92 johnmangala @ 09/27/16 04:24 PM
I wish questions would be answered regardless of whether it makes the game look 'good' or not. The only whole purpose here is to provide feedback that would in our opinions improve the game and make it more realistic. Decent patch, but honestly little disappointed the changes aren't a little more robust.

I like the lunging patch but would've liked to see lunging cover more distance for some fighters and be quicker too, and something as realistically reoccurring like clinch punch health events was left out seemingly. I have to go through the moveset changes but I am still surprised shifts haven't been patched back in when they have become such a big part of the sport now.

e: let alone things like standing arm traps, clinch parries, pawing (preemptive parry, post, peel block etc), guard pulls, ref stoppages, head & hand fighting, diagonal dashes, pivots, sim stamina & health, TDs against the cage, more back takes etc

Can only hope for EAUFC3 but no guarantee because I thought the same for EAUFC2.

# 93 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I wish questions would be answered regardless of whether it makes the game look 'good' or not. Decent patch, but honestly little disappointed the changes aren't a little more robust.

I like the lunging patch but would've liked to see lunging cover more distance for some fighters and be quicker too, and something as realistically reoccurring like clinch punch health events was left out seemingly. I have to go through the moveset changes but I am still surprised shifts haven't been patched back in when they have become such a big part of the sport now.
What question would you like answered?

I'll answer it as best I can.

# 94 TheRizzzle @ 09/27/16 04:31 PM
This isn't meant as anything other than the question posed, but what makes adding the Color Rush uniforms to Madden easier than adding the new fight kits to the UFC game?

Is it the budget and resources for the devs, a UFC/Reebok licensing issue, or something else?

I know it's gotta be something because it feels like this was a pretty big request since UFC 200.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

# 95 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Is it the budget and resources for the devs
Most likely this, although I don't know 100% for sure.

It's more work than you'd think.

# 96 TheRizzzle @ 09/27/16 04:39 PM
Quote:
Most likely this, although I don't know 100% for sure.

It's more work than you'd think.
I figured it had to be something like that. If it was easy I figured somebody would do it, especially since it's really just the yellow and blue shorts for the most part.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

# 97 johnmangala @ 09/27/16 04:45 PM
Quote:
What question would you like answered?

I'll answer it as best I can.
Thank you I appreciate it.
Basically wondering why things like clinch punch health events, guard pulls, 50/50 (especially tying to imanari roll), TDs/subs against the cage, and pawing which are reoccurring a lot nowadays were left out.

Most importantly I really wanted to know why shifts were removed from EAUFC1 along with things like lunging hooks, up/down sweep, ref stoppages (standing TKOs would be new).

Or how about things in EAUFC2 that were only on the ground but should be standing techniques too as well such as the arm traps (punch catch equivalent to kick catch and clinch parries), block peel- especially now that we see it so often in the octagon. Positions like head & hand control (head trap/posted jab & wrist control etc) to add to the neutral single collar.

e: Definitely understand it's a lot of work and there are budgetary and resource allocation issues, but just surprised something like a guard pull still hasn't made it in despite it's deep roots in MMA. I was really hoping these things would be patched in for the final update so there would be more tuning based updates based around honing fundamentals for EAUFC3 as we consolidate and iron out all the most reoccurring MMA techniques and mechanics in this one.

# 98 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Thank you I appreciate it.
Basically wondering why things like clinch punch health events, guard pulls, 50/50 (especially tying to imanari roll), TDs/subs against the cage, and pawing which are reoccurring a lot nowadays were left out.

Most importantly I really wanted to know why shifts were removed from EAUFC1 along with things like lunging hooks, up/down sweep, ref stoppages (standing TKOs would be new).

Or how about things in EAUFC2 that were only on the ground but should be standing techniques too as well such as the arm traps, block peel- especially now that we see it so often in the octagon.

e: Definitely understand it's a lot of work and there are budgetary and resource allocation issues, but just surprised something like a guard pull still hasn't made it in despite it's deep roots in MMA. I was really hoping these things would be patched in for the final update so there would be more tuning based updates as we consolidate all the novel positions and mechanics in this one.
"definitely understand it's a lot of work and there are budgetary and resource allocation issues"

Short answer is this.

As for the lunging hooks, it was one of the biggest complaints by the community. That all hooks lunged forward with no consequence.

We could easily, easily add them back with the change of a number, but without other supporting changes, I think that would be a mistake and would set the game back from where it was.

Something better done properly in the future as opposed to rushed now, when the game is in a really good place and we're at the end of the support cycle.

# 99 Haz____ @ 09/27/16 05:09 PM
He's not talking about hooks auto lunging, hes talking about tapping forward to dash forward and throw a hook, when in UFC 1, if timed right was an awesome dashing hook to get in the pocket.

In UFC 2 manual input forward dashing hooks arent possible like they were in UFC 1 and it really limits our ability to get into the pocket especially with shorter fighters.

# 100 johnmangala @ 09/27/16 05:11 PM
^ Exactly, it's even more surprising because lunging hooks and shifts were favorites of Mike Tyson and I was super excited to use them with Tyson but he feels lacking without some of his signature techniques.

Quote:
"definitely understand it's a lot of work and there are budgetary and resource allocation issues"

Short answer is this.

As for the lunging hooks, it was one of the biggest complaints by the community. That all hooks lunged forward with no consequence.

We could easily, easily add them back with the change of a number, but without other supporting changes, I think that would be a mistake and would set the game back from where it was.

Something better done properly in the future as opposed to rushed now, when the game is in a really good place and we're at the end of the support cycle.
Understood, definitely felt but imo it should've gotten the sidestep style nerfs instead of being removed altogether like the shifts. Lunging into a strike should cause more damage sideways or forward etc, this works especially well with the new intercept patch from a bit back. The one that really bothers me is the shift and that is what I don't understand why it was removed from EAUFC1- same logic?

I'm sure most the userbase here would try to help in anyway they can if it came down to it if given the opportunity- the passion is evident, I wish there were more ways we could contribute.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.