Home
Super Mega Baseball 2 News Post

Metalhead Software has just announced Super Mega Baseball 2, scheduled to release sometime in 2017. Check out the teaser trailer here, along with some features below and more details at the official website.

Quote:
Customize your squad, step up to the plate, and knock ‘em out of the park. The makers of Super Mega Baseball have returned with a brand new, streamlined baseball simulator that’ll keep you coming back for more. Build your dream team and challenge your opponents to a good old-fashioned game of hardball, online and off.

Got game? Show it off in Super Mega Baseball 2’s online mode. Friends and strangers, online or on your couch, will marvel at your heavy hitting in co-op and versus play. Or keep the fun all to yourself in single player mode. However you like to play, the game’s critically acclaimed ‘Ego’ difficulty system will keep you neck-and-neck with any opponent.

New Look
Step onto the mound with brand new, more realistically scaled character models and soak in the sights and sounds of new and updated stadiums. Physically-based rendering and a fully rebuilt user interface round out a massive set of visual upgrades.

Baseball
Baseball fanatics will be in their element with visceral, convincing physics and a fine-tuned baseball simulation, while newcomers will succeed with accessible controls and a wide range of difficulty settings.

Customize
Your team, your league, your way. Full customization is at your fingertips with logo design, uniform choices, player appearance, league construction, sandbox seasons and more.

Super Mega Baseball 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view Super Mega Baseball 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view Super Mega Baseball 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view Super Mega Baseball 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Super Mega Baseball 2Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 nemesis04 @ 09/28/16 01:01 PM
This is a nice surprise! Hoping for a lot more stadiums. This could be a blast online.

# 2 Fraser G. @ 09/28/16 02:36 PM
I'm very much looking forward to this!

# 3 murph17 @ 09/28/16 04:30 PM
Wow. SMB1 is free this month and SMB2 is coming next year? awesome news. I loved SMB1 and literally the only two things I would change about it would be to add online play, and make the characters slightly less goofy-looking. Check and check.

# 4 tril @ 09/28/16 04:44 PM
good game, but I wish they would add announcers/commentators. thats the only reason why I probably didnt play SMB as much.

# 5 Simple Mathematics @ 09/28/16 05:54 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

This game should be SICK!!!

# 6 fzdoom @ 09/28/16 05:58 PM
LOVE SMB1 so this is GREAT news. I still play the original to this day. Much prefer it to MLB The Show. Reminds me of the glory days of RBI Baseball. Baseball videogames have lost their fun factor and SMB brought it back for me. Thank you Metalhead Software.

# 7 Blzer @ 09/28/16 10:34 PM
First one was awesome! I haven't given it enough of a chance since the patch allowed for customizable difficulties (hoping for even more as we go, though I hope out of the box is what I'm looking for as well!).

I expect I'll be giving them my money.

# 8 rspencer86 @ 09/28/16 11:04 PM
Online? Awww yeeeeeeah!

# 9 KBLover @ 09/29/16 02:05 AM
Nice - I'll likely pick this one up as I'm having fun with the current game.

Interested in the new art style and stadiums.

# 10 boomhauertjs @ 09/29/16 07:34 AM
Just picked SMB1 up a few weeks ago during a Steam sale. Plays a really fun game of baseball. Really looking forward to more details on the customization options.

# 11 mrCPUgeek @ 09/30/16 06:41 AM
Custom teams and editable attributes has peeked my interest. Exactly what was missing in SMB1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 12 Splitter77 @ 09/30/16 02:50 PM
my kind of game. super mega baseball 1 was my favorite baseball game the past year. easily better and more fun than the show for me. Runs so smoothly. plus I love the fictional players and stadiums. and the hitting offered more variety.
I cant wait.
I wonder how many stadiums/teams??
hopefully stadium creator. that would be amazing.

# 13 ComfortablyLomb @ 10/11/16 10:42 AM
Great news--I was worried there would not be a sequel.

The current game is fantastic. On the field it just feels GOOD. I would love to see multi-season play (even with static rosters) but greater rating modification and further customization options will take this game a long way. I don't mind the current player models but the new ones appear to be an improvement IMO.

# 14 grav11 @ 10/22/16 03:22 PM
finally online is introduced, life is good

# 15 sheredia @ 11/06/16 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Great news--I was worried there would not be a sequel.

The current game is fantastic. On the field it just feels GOOD. I would love to see multi-season play (even with static rosters) but greater rating modification and further customization options will take this game a long way. I don't mind the current player models but the new ones appear to be an improvement IMO.
if they can have it similar to nba 2k where you can create and share logos, unis, etc. that would be just about perfect. liking the new player models as well. adding some commentary would be a nice touch too.

# 16 boomhauertjs @ 11/23/16 11:15 AM
There's some more info here. Sounds like a demo is going to be shown at a PS event in early December, but the game won't be out until mid-2017.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...on-experience/

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.