Home
The Golf Club VR News Post

HB Studios has just announced The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive, scheduled to arrive later this year.

Quote:
The Golf Club VR is based on the original award-winning game, and will allow users to play all 130,000+ courses currently available to players of the console and PC versions. The game will include a number of new features designed specifically for the virtual reality experience, including a smartwatch to analyse each shot, room scale VR capabilities for a customised game space, and a single controller used for interacting with the environment and swinging clubs. Highly refined controls and multiple difficulty levels create an accessible experience for all players.

“Playing The Golf Club on the HTC Vive takes the experience to a whole new level,” said Craig Chapman, Designer of The Golf Club VR. “Not only is it a much more tactile and immersive experience, now the player is also able to freely explore all the fantastic courses and environments which users have created since the original launch of the game.”

Game: The Golf Club VRHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 polyduster @ 10/05/16 10:12 AM
Really intrigued by this.

Will this be a first person experience or third person, like it is in the non vr version of the game?

As an Oculus Rift owner, any chance of this coming to the Rift down the road after the Touch controllers are released?

Thanks and good luck going forward with development of the new version of the game!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 2 AnthonyKyne @ 10/05/16 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
Really intrigued by this.

Will this be a first person experience or third person, like it is in the non vr version of the game?

As an Oculus Rift owner, any chance of this coming to the Rift down the road after the Touch controllers are released?

Thanks and good luck going forward with development of the new version of the game!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It's first person, with you needing to use motion controls.
Looking at other devices all the time, HTC worked best for us in the short term. I'm sure we'll be porting to others in the future though

# 3 RIFRIG @ 10/05/16 03:59 PM
Looks dangerous!!!

# 4 scagwi @ 10/06/16 02:14 PM
VERY cool - Super excited for this.

Any commentary or more details about how the swing will work?

For those that were not happy with the somewhat "too easy" swing in TGC v1 (after playing for a while), will this be a whole new enchilada given that it's a completely different way to interact with the game?

Thank you!

# 5 Aggies7 @ 10/10/16 04:58 AM
This is intriguing. But I could see me breaking all my wife's valuable items in the living room trying to play this.

# 6 AnthonyKyne @ 10/10/16 07:22 PM
It's a motion swing. Much like Tiger Woods wii game. But the HTC controller has a lot more fidelity about it. Plays really nice.

Don't worry about breaking stuff. HTC has room sense, so you know where the valuables are inside the world

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 7 Aggies7 @ 10/10/16 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
It's a motion swing. Much like Tiger Woods wii game. But the HTC controller has a lot more fidelity about it. Plays really nice.

Don't worry about breaking stuff. HTC has room sense, so you know where the valuables are inside the world

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's nice addition with room sense. That's one of my biggest concerns with the expected growth in VR gaming.

# 8 scagwi @ 10/11/16 01:12 PM
Hope we can see some more gameplay videos soon!

# 9 Jershy88 @ 10/11/16 07:26 PM
Any chance of a ps vr version?

# 10 scagwi @ 10/16/16 04:02 PM
Any idea when it will release?

Or when me might get more info?

# 11 AnthonyKyne @ 10/17/16 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Any idea when it will release?

Or when me might get more info?
Looking like Wednesday for Early Access

# 12 scagwi @ 10/17/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Looking like Wednesday for Early Access

Super cool!

Any commentary on the view in the distance or other graphical things of note?

Has the TGC VR team had to tweak the graphics to work better in VR?

My Oculus time made me a bit weary of things that are too detailed as the view of things far off was really sort of muddy and kind of gross looking and I really hope TGC VR looks good!

# 13 LIGHTNING @ 08/10/17 01:07 PM
I bought the Golf Club VR and enjoy the game so far. It is my opinion this is one of the best games available now for VR. The gameplay is very realistic and a very close representation of real golf. I am NOT a good golfer either in real life or this game, but it is so immersive with great physics that it is still fun to play despite my lack of skill. If you have an HTC Vive VR already, I recommend this game.

# 14 Skyboxer @ 01/11/18 08:22 PM
Love this game.
I've had it a while but now that I got an attachment to hook controller on end of a cut down golf shaft, it has been awesome!

# 15 OnlookerDelay @ 01/12/18 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Love this game.
I've had it a while but now that I got an attachment to hook controller on end of a cut down golf shaft, it has been awesome!
I always wondered if that would work with the Vive. I bought a custom, cut down golf club called a "SimStix" for the PS3 Move. It worked great with Tiger Woods 12 and 13. i couldn't get anything out of the motion control swing using the Move without putting it in the SimStix, but that truly transformed it.

Do you any benefit by using a "wristy" swing with the Vive and The Golf Club VR with your "club"? I don't own a Vive BTW... just curious.

# 16 Skyboxer @ 01/12/18 07:40 PM
All I know is using my normal golf swing with just the controller..I never got decent club head speed. I could if I used 1 arm and lots of wrist snap but that destroyed the immersion so I shelved the game.
With the attachment and using real swing had been a game changer.

I.still (as the swing analyzer shows) have a slight over the top swing but it is what it is..I'll get there.

# 17 OnlookerDelay @ 01/13/18 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
All I know is using my normal golf swing with just the controller..I never got decent club head speed. I could if I used 1 arm and lots of wrist snap but that destroyed the immersion so I shelved the game.
With the attachment and using real swing had been a game changer.

I.still (as the swing analyzer shows) have a slight over the top swing but it is what it is..I'll get there.
So you're able to get believable results by using your apparatus? Do you have a picture of what you're using, or a link to it? I'd love to see how this is done

# 18 Skyboxer @ 01/14/18 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
So you're able to get believable results by using your apparatus? Do you have a picture of what you're using, or a link to it? I'd love to see how this is done
It's not mine. Just one I found through the message boards.

This and settings gave great results.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2501264

# 19 optoutn0w @ 01/31/18 10:37 AM
[quote=Skyboxer;2049185866]It's not mine. Just one I found through the message boards.

This and settings gave great results.

Imma buying myself a 3d printer today to print the thingiverse sh**

# 20 optoutn0w @ 01/31/18 10:38 AM
how much material and time woudl that cost. Any ideas?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.