Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 patch 1.04 arrived earlier this afternoon for PlayStation 4 users, the official patch notes have just been revealed. Check them out below and let us know what you're seeing.

The same patch is coming soon for Xbox One and PC. While no official release date has been given, they typically arrive a week later, give or take a couple of days.

UPDATE: (10-12) The patch is available now for PC users.

UPDATE: (10-14) The patch is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 2.61 GB.

GENERAL
  • Corrected an issue where some postrelease uniform colors would clash with the opposing team’s uniform in certain matchups.
  • After a made basket, the score will no longer update on the scoreboard until after the animation has completed; this should be much less confusing.
  • Fixed a case where your friends list in the Who’s Online menu would disappear while viewing it.
  • Contact Dunk animations should now properly stay equipped on your MyPLAYER.
GAMEPLAY
  • The Relentless Finisher badge should now give the proper bonuses on contact layups when leveling it up.
  • Fixed an extremely rare hang that could occur when a player was attempting to grab a rebound.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Fixed a case where certain jump shot animations would result in the shot meter reporting an incorrect very late timing during high-latency situations.
  • Addressed an issue where you would not be granted a win if your opponent disconnected during a Pro-Am Walk-On/Team game under certain conditions.
  • Users in Ante-Up will now always be presented with the correct ante-up amount prior to joining the Got Next queue.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Corrected a case that would result in loading into a black screen heading into a game.
  • Connection events will now always appear on the schedule once you agree to them/set them up.
  • Addressed a hang that could occur when attempting to enter the 3PT/Dunk Contest when your MyPLAYER was injured.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when loading into a Live Practice when a number of players on your team were simultaneously injured.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/12/16 05:12 PM
2K, I noticed you guys have attempted to fix the issue with players randomly sliding about 5 feet when receiving inbound passes. I appreciate the effort as it has improved because it doesn't happen as frequently post patch, but unfortunately the problem is still there. Please continue to address this. The sliding into position to receive passes is the biggest issue I have with the game.

# 162 Gosens6 @ 10/12/16 05:25 PM
Really not sure why people are saying game play is much different offline, cause it's not.

Teams still shooting in the high 50s for FG%, still impossible to defend anything in the paint, and we're still not being rewarded for playing good D.

Still too many shots being made, the defense is still in shambles, and we're still stuck with the most arcade version of 2K I can remember in years.

If they don't separate my park and career and pro am into a separate game next year, I can't justifiably drop 60 bucks on this game anymore.

I play this game for an authentic NBA experience, and unfortunately, an NBA experience doesn't seem to be the focus anymore. This game might as well be called, my street ball career 2k17. So frustrating

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 163 Gosens6 @ 10/12/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
Since we seem to see the same issues - are you seeing terrible ball handling, where the ball pops out of the ball handler's hands at the slightest amount of contact?

I'm currently trying ball security at 80, and ball handling at 60... and it's still downright hilarious.
Not seeing that, fortunately. It's just the same as usual.

Game was playing great before the re tune of the tuner Mike did for us. The online crowd went nuts that they weren't making every wide open 3 they took, so our changes were pretty much reverted to what they were before the tune. Definitely not as extreme as pre tune, but still pretty bad.

If my center goes to the perimeter to double team a PG for no reason, leaving the ai an easy basket inside I'm gonna LOSE it.

Hand in face defense on jumpshooters don't matter, the AI scores when it wants. There's also no point in playing defense in the paint. Even if you get a body and hands up on the ai controlled player in the paint, they still score.

Game play is just a mess at this point. 4 patches in and look what's gotten the most attention in these patches. That should tell you all you need to know about where the focus on this game lies.

I'm absolutely done playing. Like a few guys have already said, I'll wait till patch 5 to see if game play fixes are on deck, or if it's just gonna be another street ball patch.

Hope they prove me wrong and make some serious tweaks to the core gameplay.

# 164 RNS1hunna @ 10/12/16 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Not seeing that, fortunately. It's just the same as usual.

Game was playing great before the re tune of the tuner Mike did for us. The online crowd went nuts that they weren't making every wide open 3 they took, so our changes were pretty much reverted to what they were before the tune. Definitely not as extreme as pre tune, but still pretty bad.

If my center goes to the perimeter to double team a PG for no reason, leaving the ai an easy basket inside I'm gonna LOSE it.

Hand in face defense on jumpshooters don't matter, the AI scores when it wants. There's also no point in playing defense in the paint. Even if you get a body and hands up on the ai controlled player in the paint, they still score.

Game play is just a mess at this point. 4 patches in and look what's gotten the most attention in these patches. That should tell you all you need to know about where the focus on this game lies.

I'm absolutely done playing. Like a few guys have already said, I'll wait till patch 5 to see if game play fixes are on deck, or if it's just gonna be another street ball patch.

Hope they prove me wrong and make some serious tweaks to the core gameplay.

They don't have time to test them
Like they normally would usually it would take 2 months for them to drop one patch let alone 4 in a months time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 165 Gosens6 @ 10/12/16 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Sadly, sliders don't work well at all.
People called me crazy when I said that. Glad someone else is acknowledging that issue as well.

You can tweak sliders till the cows come home, but it doesn't fix the defense or the incredibly high fg% I really don't know what happened with sliders this year.

# 166 Jrocc23 @ 10/12/16 05:52 PM
Hopefully they get this game right. It has so much potential to be one of the best but it's been so many issues from the beginning that the only mode I've been able to really enjoy the most was play now online. But thats not as fun w/ the shooting %s raised.

I usually never really had big issues w/ MyCareer and the online modes for 2K besides 2K12. If 2K can get this right you can tell it'll easily have the best gameplay we've seen.

# 167 Gosens6 @ 10/12/16 05:55 PM
Quote:
Lucky.

I'm seeing guys like Irving/Westbrook/Lebron attempt to drive, and either lose the ball, or have to recover it more times than not. They really need to increase the sensitivity of sliders, so we can fix some of this ourselves. After playing around with them since the game dropped, I question whether or not a handful of sliders even work.

It wouldn't be the first time, either.
Try and reset your sliders to default, and play a game or two on superstar with no tweaks. Should see a change with your ball handling issue.

As far as sliders not working properly, I've had this thought since the game dropped and we spent all that time trying to fix the high fg%

There was a reason Mike had to do so much background tuning along with changing sliders. This year, sliders seem to have such a minimal affect on game play it's almost pointless in changing them.

# 168 Celtics4Life @ 10/12/16 05:58 PM
Not sure if anyone in this thread mentioned it but HOF Relentless Finisher badge is once again broken post patch. I tweeted Mike and Ronnie hope they can push a quick fix for it again.

My Career arch type slasher is basically unplayable in My Park without this. I really hope this get addressed asap.

# 169 CaseIH @ 10/12/16 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
So that's it. I HATE to sound unappreciative but...
WTH.

I'm seriously about to hardcore petition for SimWorld to be a part of development. 2ks center of focus is just waaaaaay off. That entire stream was essentially a MyPark / NBA Steret stream bombarded with senseless and I do mean senseless promo ish. I'm a lil disgusted right now.

While Ive never been had the privledge of using your guys roster, I do know you guys do amazing work, and you get my vote for SimWorld being a part of the NBA2k development. Thats not a knock on any of the devs, I know they have some great guys working for them, but NBA2k is catering way to much to the casual fantasy basketball fan, and not sticking to their roots, of being a simulation of basketball.

Im sure we will see another patch that has more to do with gameplay, or I sure the heck hope so. Out of the box I occasionally would see a charge call, now I see none what so ever, this needs to be fixed ASAP. I had high hopes for atleast the gameplay side of things, when this game 1st came out, but since them updates have actually made the game worse in a lot of ways.

Come on guys, stick to what made this company, which is being a NBA basketball simulation. If you want to put out a casual basketball game, just put out a NBA jam, or give EA a bone an let them take care of the whiny little kids that dont understand what a simulation means.

# 170 jr86 @ 10/12/16 06:02 PM
For all the guys giving out about sliders doing nothing.
I suggest trying JW's set coupled with turty's roster. You should see a big change in fg%.
I just held the thunder to 38% for the game using these.
They actually shot 48% the first half so kept them in the 20's for the next 2 qtrs.

# 171 Jrocc23 @ 10/12/16 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
Not sure if anyone in this thread mentioned it but HOF Relentless Finisher badge is once again broken post patch. I tweeted Mike and Ronnie hope they can push a quick fix for it again.

My Career arch type slasher is basically unplayable in My Park without this. I really hope this get addressed asap.

This is why sometimes I be happy Xbox users don't get the patch as soon as PS4.

This game has so many issues that need to be addressed. Hopefully, they don't release 2K18 early and instead they all play the game and do more Q&A to find potential bugs.

# 172 Artman22 @ 10/12/16 06:16 PM
Still no HDR support for the PS4?

# 173 rhein77 @ 10/12/16 06:21 PM
The 92 dream team is missing after the patch. Am I the only 1?

# 174 yeltrah123 @ 10/12/16 06:30 PM
PC just got the patch on Steam, it's only 69mb tho. No specific PC fixes unfortunately.

# 175 juicey79 @ 10/12/16 06:44 PM
Please bring back 2K beats during postgame so we can listen to music as the highlight reel plays

# 176 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/12/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
For the first time in 8+ years I didn't buy 2K. I read about all the issues and decided against it. I got a major urge to buy it today but reading that little to nothing was fixed I decided against buying it. Also I'm on XBOX and apparently they won't get the patch for a little while. In the current state of the game is it worth $65 to you guys? I miss having basketball to play but I'm not going to waste money.

Get the game. This the time when people are most negative about the game. There are some issues, but it's a damn good game.

# 177 GisherJohn24 @ 10/12/16 08:14 PM
2 minuscule gameplay patches. Blah. Disappointing to say the least.

# 178 basehead617 @ 10/12/16 08:39 PM
Did the patch fix the pre game studio show not showing the players and stats and introducing the teams?

# 179 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/12/16 08:57 PM
Quote:
Since we seem to see the same issues - are you seeing terrible ball handling, where the ball pops out of the ball handler's hands at the slightest amount of contact?

I'm currently trying ball security at 80, and ball handling at 60... and it's still downright hilarious.
The ball popping loose on contact is a good thing imo. The ball needs to be 100% tangible at all times. People need to learn not to dribble into contact & protect the ball. The last thing I want is for 2K to nerph ball tangibility & have people dribbling through players body parts, hands going through balls on steal attempts etc...Although the problem is still there, they improved in this area from 2K16. Don't want them reverting backwards. If anything, the ball still doesn't get knocked loose as much as it should.

https://youtu.be/L8wvHEUEyVk

# 180 NINJAK2 @ 10/12/16 09:08 PM
ps4 owners post patch- Are you guys able to view all individual player highlights post game or does clicking on any player in the box score only show highlights of the "Player of the Game"? I ran into this glitch recently (I'm on X1)

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.