Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Some more tweaks and fixes are coming to NBA 2K17. Gameplay Director Mike Wang, AKA Beluba, has posted some of the details on Twitter. Check them out below.

Quote:
Fair Warning: Shot timing will become more difficult soon. It's too easy right now cause I had to compensate for the shot meter glitch.

When I undo my band-aid fix, you will see a noticeable drop in the frequency of green releases, so enjoy them while they last.

Sharpshooters will be just fine. But nobody should be averaging 80+% from 3PT range.

Pass speeds, moving screens and defense are being looked at as well. And yes, we know about the Relentless Finisher issue. Will fix asap.

It's not going to be as drastic as some of you think. I'm just prepping you all that the timing band-aid is going away after XB gets 1.04

Just addressing those who are saying that shooting is too easy and FG% are too high. I'm aware of it.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 Luke Skywalker @ 10/16/16 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
I'm bored to death by the constant up-and-down run-and-gun tempo of every single team.
I never see this, even with the regular sliders (MyTeam Domination).

# 162 creweutah @ 10/16/16 08:43 AM
So Mike Wang saying it will be released after the XB1 patch. Anyone know a rough ETA?

# 163 kaluis05 @ 10/16/16 09:33 AM
Am I the only one not hearing the dying seconds tone? - Offliners /simplayers.

# 164 creweutah @ 10/16/16 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluis05
Am I the only one not hearing the dying seconds tone? - Offliners /simplayers.
Not the only one. I can hardly hear it too. Along with net sounds and rim too. What a joke

# 165 Goffs @ 10/16/16 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
I'm bored to death by the constant up-and-down run-and-gun tempo of every single team.
I only play quick games and this is what I see no matter who I play against. Guys the game plays differently on orher modes. You may not see what wryly sees but I have. The pacing is just way off....

I'm waiting for the patch and Ronyell rosters so I can enjoy this game. For now I'm just grinding for badges and playing park games with my brothers. The sim part of the game for ME is just not there.

# 166 LorenzoDC @ 10/16/16 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I only play quick games and this is what I see no matter who I play against. Guys the game plays differently on orher modes. You may not see what wryly sees but I have. The pacing is just way off....

I'm waiting for the patch and Ronyell rosters so I can enjoy this game. For now I'm just grinding for badges and playing park games with my brothers. The sim part of the game for ME is just not there.
This is probably the biggest, constant error we make around here, myself included.

We talk about "the game" and "game play" as if 2K is one game. No, it's like 10 games or more, and each functions and plays differently.

I don't know how the board can get better at this without help from the mods or some suggested rules from forum admin for people to please specify what mode and online or offline when they post any comments or impressions of the game. That might be too much. But the way things are now, we're constantly talking past each other.

# 167 Vroman @ 10/16/16 12:22 PM
beluba's post from other thread:
Quote:
There's no conspiracy theory. It turns out there's a technical reason we're unable to make tuning updates at the moment. We're trying to work it out but we may be blocked until patch 5. Forcing an update before then has a high probability of corrupting peoples' MyCAREER saves which is definitely worse than the issues we're trying to iron out with the tuners. Please be patient, guys

could just put this in first post as well.

# 168 ataman5 @ 10/16/16 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
This is probably the biggest, constant error we make around here, myself included.

We talk about "the game" and "game play" as if 2K is one game. No, it's like 10 games or more, and each functions and plays differently.

I don't know how the board can get better at this without help from the mods or some suggested rules from forum admin for people to please specify what mode and online or offline when they post any comments or impressions of the game. That might be too much. But the way things are now, we're constantly talking past each other.

Agreed it's not applicable to have that kinda classification implied over the forums but you're definitely correct Lorenzo. It's smt. 2k has to figure out coming years for sure with how they get feedbacks from who etc. Etc. But so many misconsumptions arised this year. Myself included.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

# 169 Hustle Westbrook @ 10/16/16 12:46 PM
Patch 5????

# 170 plyrically @ 10/16/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plyrically
@beluba
Just played in the staples; mozgov had a crazy putback dunk and the crowd went absolutely silent.

FYI.
How can these issues be ignored if they happen on a game-to-game basis?

# 171 plyrically @ 10/16/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
so to clarify these adjustments are being made due to human vs cpu or due to human vs human online play?
can someone please clarify this?

# 172 Queannn @ 10/16/16 02:04 PM
I'm an Offline MYGM player. I'm liking where the game is at overall. The few things I would like in my gm is the ability to watch the games. Or to play user vs user games. It would be cool to be able to watch playoff games (we don't need to be rewarded VC for it).

# 173 Sundown @ 10/16/16 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Exactly. The percentage drop people are asking for would mean these games would end in the 40s, MAYBE low 50s at the very best. I'm sure a lot of people would be bored to death if that's all we could score per game because of a system that relegates how many shots you're allowed to make.
I don't see how an inflated numerical score automatically makes the game more exciting. If they think real scores for the time played is boring, then they think the NBA is boring. Seeing 70 at the end doesn't suddenly make a thing they thought boring exciting. And if they weren't having fun aside from seeing the score get run up then they don't enjoy real basketball.

If what you're saying it's that people just want more actual makes and a faster pace in the time played regardless of realism or accuracy, then they don't actually care about an NBA simulation. They should stick to Park or play the game on a Casual and specifically non-sim mode.

# 174 Caelumfang @ 10/17/16 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I don't see how an inflated numerical score automatically makes the game more exciting. If they think real scores for the time played is boring, then they think the NBA is boring. Seeing 70 at the end doesn't suddenly make a thing they thought boring exciting. And if they weren't having fun aside from seeing the score get run up then they don't enjoy real basketball.

If what you're saying it's that people just want more actual makes and a faster pace in the time played regardless of realism or accuracy, then they don't actually care about an NBA simulation. They should stick to Park or play the game on a Casual and specifically non-sim mode.
2k has always played much faster than the real NBA. This is true for almost all sports games. Why do you think you can come close, equal, or even surpass real life scores in a much more condesnsed timeframe? This runs true for 2K, Madden, and anything else you can think of.

Most teams and players in Park/Pro Am aren't out there slowing the pace of the game by running set plays every time down the court. The ball is going up as soon as an open shot is there (he'll, sometimes even way before that). When there's 3 human players vs 3 human players, or 5 human players vs 5 human players, the game is going to be played at break neck speeds compared to real life.

In order to 'match' real life scores in a video game that's played much faster than real life, field goal percentages would have to be dropped to somewhere in the 30ish percentile range. Highly doubt most paying customers want to pay $60+ for a game where they know the game itself has to 'cheat' them on near 60%-70% of their shots in order to meet an underlying quota that the game itself will have to relegate them to.

Yes, it's a video game that does its best to match simulation basketball, but it's still just that: a video game. I'm not saying all open shots should be made, etc, or anything like that. But I highly doubt most customers would have fun playing a game where they are, at BEST, missing 60% of their shots, no matter how good the looks are. Just saying.

# 175 The 24th Letter @ 10/17/16 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Patch 5????
Patch 1.05....the next patch

# 176 papaey @ 10/17/16 02:22 AM
Maybe its already been mentioned. But i would like to see them removed the cheesy plays from AI. Make them run more half-court plays. It kills the game.

OT
Is coach profiles still available? All teams seems like GSW jacking up three's in transition. Maybe it has something to do with coach tendencies.

# 177 jmarcguy @ 10/17/16 07:48 AM
I've watched a few guys playing on Twitch & nobody I've seen plays a real half court offense. What I've seen are guys pushing it up the court & lots of drive & kick. A really frantic pace. I don't see much variety on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 178 papaey @ 10/18/16 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
If you're referring to editable POEs, which shouldn't have been removed from the game - you now have to enter a game, and control both teams, long enough to get them set to where you want them.

But nothing fixes the horrendous transition defense.

Just like in 2k13.

# 179 Antonioshellz @ 10/18/16 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I've watched a few guys playing on Twitch & nobody I've seen plays a real half court offense. What I've seen are guys pushing it up the court & lots of drive & kick. A really frantic pace. I don't see much variety on offense.

You sir are correct. I've played 40 games online and I've only played one person who ran sets. I read a YouTube comment that said only scrubs run plays in 2k because they can't score on their own. This is the first year where I'd rather play against the A.I. I swear I need to find some PSN friends who play realistically.

# 180 tatlopuyo @ 10/18/16 02:36 AM
What about fixing the body type of players? Any news on that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.