Home
Football Manager 2017 News Post

Check out the new Football Manager 2017 video featuring some of the major additions, significant improvements to key areas and plenty of subtle touches which dramatically enhance the FM experience.

Quote:
Loyal fans of the series can pre-purchase FM17 now on Steam at up to 20% off for a limited period only. There’s 5% off for each addition owned dating back to Football Manager 2013 but you’ll need to get the deal wrapped up early as this offer ends at 11:59pm BST on Friday, October 14th.

Game: Football Manager 2017Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 ImTellinTim @ 10/18/16 10:30 AM
If you play in England there is a slight chance your save will be completely ruined several years in.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...s-going-to-ma/

# 22 Zac @ 10/18/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
If you play in England there is a slight chance your save will be completely ruined several years in.

I wouldn't say ruined. Just more realistic.

# 23 ImTellinTim @ 10/18/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I wouldn't say ruined. Just more realistic.
I would probably quit a save if I got the "your EPL team can now only have 4 non-UK players on match day" option.

# 24 JHedges2 @ 10/18/16 01:16 PM
I am unfamiliar with this beta topic in general.

Isn't a beta version likely to be very buggy/glitchy? Starting a save now seems like NOT a good idea?

Also, I am like @Velocityy in that I only got 16 a few months ago--but don't think there's any way in the world I will be able to pass up buying 17 ASAP (now?).

# 25 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I am unfamiliar with this beta topic in general.

Isn't a beta version likely to be very buggy/glitchy? Starting a save now seems like NOT a good idea?

Also, I am like @Velocityy in that I only got 16 a few months ago--but don't think there's any way in the world I will be able to pass up buying 17 ASAP (now?).

Beta is exactly that, a beta, it's for massive amounts of people to find issues, for instance, the Danish Superliga last year changed to a different format, and the game didn't award prize money after it changed. If you're looking at starting a long-term save, it's not for you. I definitely try to help make FM the best product it can be, and just try to break the game in beta.

As for buying 17, it's really a personal choice, if you're still enjoying 16, it's probably better to wait for sales and get it then, if you're like me where you feel like you've done just about what you wanted to do 17 might be a good leap right now. Unless you want to do bug reports, the beta really isn't important to get in to.

EDIT:

IT'S HAPPENING

# 26 Zac @ 10/18/16 01:58 PM
I guess I wont be getting anything done at work for the rest of the day.

# 27 Zac @ 10/18/16 02:15 PM
Is it just me, or does the 17 logo look like its a Nascar number?

EDIT: As this is my first beta, is it not worth adding all the extras to this. Will I have to re-download a release version? it feels odd not having faces and kits and what not. But I don't want to go through all that if I have to end up redoing it.

# 28 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Is it just me, or does the 17 logo look like its a Nascar number?

EDIT: As this is my first beta, is it not worth adding all the extras to this. Will I have to re-download a release version? it feels odd not having faces and kits and what not. But I don't want to go through all that if I have to end up redoing it.
I always transfer my graphics folder over.

# 29 Zac @ 10/18/16 03:10 PM
I'm really digging a lot of the changes/additions so far.

# 30 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I'm really digging a lot of the changes/additions so far.
So far it seems nice, but I'm just waiting for 2017 to play as Minnesota United.

# 31 Perceptor @ 10/18/16 03:36 PM
Oh man, my work day is over

# 32 ImTellinTim @ 10/18/16 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
So far it seems nice, but I'm just waiting for 2017 to play as Minnesota United.
I don't think I ever asked you. You ever go to the matches? I think I'm gonna get season tickets for next year.

# 33 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
I don't think I ever asked you. You ever go to the matches? I think I'm gonna get season tickets for next year.
I've definitely been to a few, I'm hoping I travel slightly less next year so when I purchase season tickets I won't just have purchased an empty seat.

# 34 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 06:22 PM
If you're looking to get to the Expansion Draft with Minnesota or Atlanta, it's on December 13th.

# 35 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 06:38 PM
Quote:

# 36 Zac @ 10/18/16 07:14 PM
I'm finding lower leagues much harder than I remember.

# 37 superjames1992 @ 10/18/16 10:25 PM
What logo packs do you guys recommend for FM 2017 (in order to get the real team logos, Champions League instead of Champions Cup, etc.)?

# 38 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
What logo packs do you guys recommend for FM 2017 (in order to get the real team logos, Champions League instead of Champions Cup, etc.)?
I prefer the metallic logos, simply because it's what I've used forever, but there's plenty of options at sortitoutsi.net

My save crashed after the SuperDraft and none of the players would sign with Minnesota United due to our reputation and finances not being in line with the other MLS teams. So now I'm starting unemployed and will take over Arsenal in 2017 when Wenger retires.

# 39 superjames1992 @ 10/18/16 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I prefer the metallic logos, simply because it's what I've used forever, but there's plenty of options at sortitoutsi.net

My save crashed after the SuperDraft and none of the players would sign with Minnesota United due to our reputation and finances not being in line with the other MLS teams. So now I'm starting unemployed and will take over Arsenal in 2017 when Wenger retires.
Thanks. I actually figured out I could use the same logos I had last year (which were from sortitout, I believe).

However, I am having an issue getting the competitions to change names. For example, the Premier League is still called the Premier Division (though it does have the correct logo).

I downloaded this 'fix', and I thought I followed the directions correctly, but I can't seem to get it to work: http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/...eal-names-fix/

Maybe I just need to restart my computer or something. I hope to get started with a save tomorrow after work.

# 40 Suntan Superman @ 10/18/16 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Thanks. I actually figured out I could use the same logos I had last year (which were from sortitout, I believe).

However, I am having an issue getting the competitions to change names. For example, the Premier League is still called the Premier Division (though it does have the correct logo).

I downloaded this 'fix', and I thought I followed the directions correctly, but I can't seem to get it to work: http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/...eal-names-fix/

Maybe I just need to restart my computer or something. I hope to get started with a save tomorrow after work.
It doesn't look like that's the fix totally, I downloaded the one from sortitout and it's working just fine.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.