Home
FIFA 17 News Post

FIFA 17 title update #1 has arrived for PC users and scheduled to arrive soon for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the details below.

UPDATE: (10-18) The title update is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Gameplay
  • A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
  • A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
  • Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
  • An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
  • Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
  • Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
  • Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.
  • Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
  • An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
  • Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
  • General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
  • Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
  • Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
  • Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.
Pro Clubs
  • Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
  • Addressed an issue where a player's customized facial features did not display properly in game.
Ultimate Team
  • FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
  • Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
  • Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics
Career mode
  • Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.
Visual Changes
  • Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
  • Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
  • The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
  • Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn't the one used in-game.
  • Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
  • Addressed an issue where the fog from a player's breath was detached from their position.
  • General overlay fixes.
*As a result of the change to Pro Clubs, some of you may find you’re a lower OVR than before the update. This is intentional and you haven’t lost any of your progress.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 JHedges2 @ 10/14/16 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Visual Changes[list][*]Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREENS?????

# 2 JHedges2 @ 10/14/16 10:25 AM
"Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped."

This is good too. Noticed this before PK's, as it would just show my crowd, then the 'other' crowd. I'm like--let's go here, lol...

# 3 jw9036 @ 10/14/16 10:36 AM

# 4 DBMcGee3 @ 10/14/16 10:38 AM
Stoked about several things here:

-BPL Presentation additions (Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!)
-Frame Rate issue during skill games
-Players clearing ball instead of holding
-Improved contested header logic
-GK positioning on corners

All these are really nice to see.

That said, I'm a little worried about the "Increased CPU AI tendency to attack directly" though. Hopefully this means the CPU will attempt more 1v1 moves, and not that the teams will refuse to play possession and only move forward at all times. I've actually enjoyed my games against the CPU (World Class) this year, really hope they don't go too crazy with the changes.

# 5 JHedges2 @ 10/14/16 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw9036
WOW.

Looks incredible. Thanks for posting mate!!!

# 6 murph17 @ 10/14/16 10:45 AM
meanwhile in NHL17-land, radio-silence, no word on patch even though it came out before FIFA

# 7 JHedges2 @ 10/14/16 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
FIFA 17 title update #1 has arrived for PC users and scheduled to arrive soon for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Soon as in, later today? Or soon as in like next week? I can't remember how it typically is with these things.

I was super nervous about the patch but after seeing that PL broadcast presentation, I can't wait to DL it!!

# 8 DBMcGee3 @ 10/14/16 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Soon as in, later today? Or soon as in like next week? I can't remember how it typically is with these things.

I was super nervous about the patch but after seeing that PL broadcast presentation, I can't wait to DL it!!
Agreed, that really blew my expectations away honestly. It looks fantastic and the BPL is my F'ing jam!

# 9 BSDShoes @ 10/14/16 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
meanwhile in NHL17-land, radio-silence, no word on patch even though it came out before FIFA
Those guys are hopeless as long as Rammer is in charge.

# 10 snc237 @ 10/14/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
Damn I was going to say the same thing. Yes Fifas team is like 5 times bigger but seriously, even if the said we are working on the patch I would feel better

# 11 bad_philanthropy @ 10/14/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Damn I was going to say the same thing. Yes Fifas team is like 5 times bigger but seriously, even if the said we are working on the patch I would feel better
They have said a patch is in the works multiple times on their Twitter. And as of last week stated that it is still in open development and not yet in certification.

# 12 Elite49 @ 10/14/16 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
They have said a patch is in the works multiple times on their Twitter. And as of last week stated that it is still in open development and not yet in certification.
Would love a change in UI like FIFAs doing but that'll never happen.

# 13 FluffyTonka @ 10/14/16 04:38 PM
Quote:
Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.

uh-oh.

ping pong football is back.

# 14 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 10/14/16 04:48 PM
So I guess they just pretended like Career Mode doesn't exist and the game-breaking bugs in it don't exist? Are there like only 2 people at EA working on this game?

# 15 redsrule @ 10/14/16 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
So I guess they just pretended like Career Mode doesn't exist and the game-breaking bugs in it don't exist? Are there like only 2 people at EA working on this game?
FUT is all they care about. When it makes them 500 million I can understand why but it sucks.

# 16 rafaelpaolo84 @ 10/14/16 09:55 PM
LOVE the BPL presentation but I wish they could've included the names of the players on the actual squad formation graphic, instead of just their numbers. Yes the names are right there on the side but it transitions quite fast for me to match them up with their numbers on the formation graphic. I'm still relatively new to the BPL so I'm not quite familiar with the players yet.

Just a minor gripe though. Can't wait for this patch hit the PS4!!

# 17 Mordecai88 @ 10/15/16 12:10 AM
What i don't understand is why couldn't they fix the presentation already from the start? Plus La Liga one of the sickest leauges in the world has real licence but no presentation. EA is lacking! Serie A license dissapeared?

I bet Messi is going to stay Blond all year.long in fifa 17 lol. Career mode is boring also. Oh well at least i got the game for 15 bucks.

Why is EA always so shady when it comes to giving dates? When will this update be released for the Ps4?

# 18 CodeineRush @ 10/15/16 08:12 AM
Usually between 3-5 days for a patch to reach consoles.

With FIFA 16 the second patch was released on the same day for everyone in October, third update took 4 days (November 5th PC, November 9th consoles) and fourth was November 26th PC and December 1st consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 19 Zac @ 10/15/16 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai88
Why is EA always so shady when it comes to giving dates? When will this update be released for the Ps4?
It actually has nothing to do with EA. They can't give a date, because they don't know when it will be cleared. The patch is done and ready to go. They just have to wait for Sony and Microsoft to clear it so it can be used. The process is called certification. And they test the patch for certain things to make sure it doesn't break others or cause issues with the console. This is to prevent someone doing something stupid and releasing a patch that bricks a console. Its for our protection as the consumer. However the whole process is somewhat outdated and needs to be streamlined better. It can take over a week for something submitted to be cleared. Which EA has no control over. Or any developer for that matter. Once it is cleared, it is added to the next available day for each systems patch schedule.

# 20 The Yurpman @ 10/15/16 02:02 PM
This might be a stupid question but will these changes apply to an already in progress career mode? I can't remember how it was handled in FIFA 16. My memory is horrible.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.