Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 title update is available now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update includes gameplay, Madden Ultimate Team and commentary updates based on feedback from the community.

Gameplay
  • Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary
  • New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability
  • Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 coach422001 @ 11/30/16 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Was the punt trying to get you inside your 20 or further upfield?
Keep us posted on what everyone is finding after playing a few games in outdoor conditions on the punting issue. I hope to try to get through a few games when I get home tonight to add to the findings. I play CPU v CPU so I don't influence the punting. What I see from the list of fixes is that the wind direction is corrected but no mention that repeated short punts into a light wind is addressed. I do believe an occasional shank is acceptable just like an occasional 65 yarder is OK (Hecker saved the game for the Rams with one) but I'm hoping that punting becomes more realistic overall.

# 42 hock0413 @ 11/30/16 12:24 PM
There was a couple of shanks of 20 yards or less after 40ish punts. The first one that I saw was similar to the punting issue, which I wasn't able to replicate.

# 43 D81SKINS @ 11/30/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Seems like a cool update. Really like that they have added new commentary. I don't think it's enough to get me to resume my franchise though. The qb accuracy is what killed it for me. I wish they would at least have some temporary make shift solution until they patch in a more refined fix.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Disc, ootb, no updates/tuners, issue resolved. Also none of us playing Madden fresh off the disc, no updates,
has seen any outside run issues, Punt glitch issues, and qbs play very organic!
yes the cpu can break a long run here or there if your not using your force and contain players correctly, but that's football folks! Players don't always make the perfect angle to shut plays down.

If you guys haven't tried the ootb version yet, your missing the best version of M17.

Here's some good stats and info from our most recent games.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...kins81-66.html

Check the last 5-10 pgs for the latest

# 44 roadman @ 11/30/16 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Keep us posted on what everyone is finding after playing a few games in outdoor conditions on the punting issue. I hope to try to get through a few games when I get home tonight to add to the findings. I play CPU v CPU so I don't influence the punting. What I see from the list of fixes is that the wind direction is corrected but no mention that repeated short punts into a light wind is addressed. I do believe an occasional shank is acceptable just like an occasional 65 yarder is OK (Hecker saved the game for the Rams with one) but I'm hoping that punting becomes more realistic overall.
Good point on the wind direction, I forgot all about that one.

# 45 Jarodd21 @ 11/30/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
QBA disappointment, yes, surprising, no.

We've known for a week or two at OS it probably wouldn't be addressed in this title update.

I'm trying to confirm the punt glitch. I haven't seen any issues with punting at this stage, so, we'll see.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ClintOlde...92132281311232 He told me on October 15 that they would look into the Accuracy issue. Guess he was just telling me that so I can stop bothering him about it because I can tell he really didnt believe me when me and him were going back and forth about it.

# 46 ojai4keith @ 11/30/16 12:35 PM
Any word on Qb scamble issue. Other issues have work arounds. Ex. sim
punts into wind. Qb acc leave slider at 50 as slider no effect drop wr rec to 45 boost pass defense to 95 reaction also.

# 47 roadman @ 11/30/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
https://mobile.twitter.com/ClintOlde...92132281311232 He told me on October 15 that they would look into the Accuracy issue. Guess he was just telling me that so I can stop bothering him about it because I can tell he really didnt believe me when me and him were going back and forth about it.
All I can tell you is a poster from OS(Chavrolos) questioned Clint about a few weeks ago and he said at the last moment, good news, QA is investigating it.

I've mentioned that tweet a few weeks ago at OS a few different times since then. I know a couple people, Booker and bcruise sent video about the time you linked above.

# 48 SpaceBoyXVII @ 11/30/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
[*]Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
For some reason, I find this cool! Adding to a dreaded game in Miami or out West in the early season.

# 49 Jarodd21 @ 11/30/16 12:45 PM
Quote:
All I can tell you is a poster from OS(Chavrolos) questioned Clint about a few weeks ago and he said at the last moment, good news, QA is investigating it.

I've mentioned that tweet a few weeks ago at OS a few different times since then. I know a couple people, Booker and bcruise sent video about the time you linked above.
I saw when he tweeted what you are talking about. I just thought or hoped that they already been looking into that after he told me he would back in October.

# 50 scoonie05 @ 11/30/16 12:45 PM
What's the size of the update for the ps4?

# 51 roadman @ 11/30/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I saw when he tweeted what you are talking about. I just thought or hoped that they already been looking into that after he told me he would back in October.
Agree, especially when the film came in.

# 52 booker21 @ 11/30/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Disc, ootb, no updates/tuners, issue resolved. Also none of us playing Madden fresh off the disc, no updates,
has seen any outside run issues, Punt glitch issues, and qbs play very organic!
yes the cpu can break a long run here or there if your not using your force and contain players correctly, but that's football folks! Players don't always make the perfect angle to shut plays down.

If you guys haven't tried the ootb version yet, your missing the best version of M17.

Here's some good stats and info from our most recent games. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tball-sliders/
Check the last 5-10 pgs for the latest

Bad news for those of us who are digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 53 gman2774 @ 11/30/16 01:10 PM
Quote:
Agree, especially when the film came in.
I think we need to be careful how much stock we put into their twitter comments. We're learning not everything they tweet ends up meeting the expectation levels of many.

# 54 Charvalos @ 11/30/16 01:11 PM
When your game has big issues like the punt and QB Acc, this sould be your priorities N°1 and they should have delayed this patch. Now, we have to wait 1-2 months more to, hopefully, have a game which works properly.

# 55 booker21 @ 11/30/16 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I think we need to be careful how much stock we put into their twitter comments. We're learning not everything they tweet ends up meeting the expectation levels of many.

Also we have to keep in mind that OS conmunity is the minority's. Looking at tweeter comments none are complaining about QB acc being too accurate.

They may not see this are a priority compared to other complains.

# 56 D81SKINS @ 11/30/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Bad news for those of us who are digital.

Imo, it's worth finding the disc somewhere on sale and playing it this way. I don't know how I could keep playing with the issues caused clearly by the Updates and Tuners.

Just had another guy post his game stats with the disc (ootb) offline, no updates. It's night and day when viewing the comments and seeing the end of game qb% in the low 60's.

# 57 D81SKINS @ 11/30/16 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
When your game has big issues like the punt and QB Acc, this sould be your priorities N°1 and they should have delayed this patch. Now, we have to wait 1-2 months more to, hopefully, have a game which works properly.
No more waiting on EA to fix this stuff.
Here's some good info going w/ the disc version, offline, no updates or tuners.

check the last several pgs for multiple guys posting stats.
We haven't seen the outside run issue that reared it's ugly head w/ the day 1 update we all got.
We haven't seen any QBA issues,
We haven't seen the stupid Punt issues either. Actually the CPU is much improved on special teams with this version of the game.

# 58 CleveCluby @ 11/30/16 01:25 PM
I can confirm that this issue WAS NOT FIXED. The low line drive punt has not been touched. Have played two complete games, Playing against the Giants in a 14 mph wind . When punting into the wind neither team could punt the ball more than 30 yds. The exact same low line drive punts that have ruined this game.

I have screamed about this issue for well over a month, I was assured that Rex or Clint said in a tweet that this issue HAS BEEN FIXED and will be in the next up date. I was told, Be patient, They said it was addressed. I was asked are you calling them a liar. ? Well I guess the answer is obvious.

I am completely disgusted and fed up with this broken garbage game. Ban me if you want, I don't care at this point.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE that this issue wasn't addressed especially since EA said it was addressed and fixed.

Am I angry, you bet your but I am. If I could sue EA too get my money back, I actually would. To put all this work, time into a game, waiting over a month to get a broken issue fixed that EA claimed it was fixed. That totally ruins the game. It is total Bull crap.

Constructive criticism opinion ? That the best I can give at this point.

# 59 WeWereGiants @ 11/30/16 01:29 PM
So nothing about all the CPU generated surfer bros in CFM?

# 60 thegame19991999 @ 11/30/16 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Fumble slider !

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I thought it said move it to the left which would cause more fumbles

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.