Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 title update is available now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update includes gameplay, Madden Ultimate Team and commentary updates based on feedback from the community.

Gameplay
  • Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary
  • New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability
  • Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 SteelerSpartan @ 11/30/16 01:34 PM
I'm afraid of updating this thing because the last tuner/patch almost completely ruined the game for me.....after they nerfed the pass rush....

Deleting the tuner and dropping the pb sliders at least remedied that for me.

I'm afraid they've rolled that last tuner into this update...so even if I don't download anymore tuners....the stuff they did with the pass rush will remain.

# 62 underdog13 @ 11/30/16 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
So nothing about all the CPU generated surfer bros in CFM?
Far out duuuude!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 63 gman2774 @ 11/30/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I'm afraid of updating this thing because the last tuner/patch almost completely ruined the game for me.....after they nerfed the pass rush....

Deleting the tuner and dropping the pb sliders at least remedied that for me.

I'm afraid they've rolled that last tuner into this update...so even if I don't download anymore tuners....the stuff they did with the pass rush will remain.
Bingo! Same concern for me. I deleted the tuner, used updated rosters, and went back to all-pro default (including CFM auto-subs). Literally everything default. Game played great for me. Worried that downloading this patch will incorporate the tuner. May hold off until I read more post-patch gameplay impressions.

# 64 49UNCFan @ 11/30/16 01:46 PM
No PS4 pro patch smh

# 65 swanklax @ 11/30/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I can confirm that this issue WAS NOT FIXED. The low line drive punt has not been touched. Have played two complete games, Playing against the Giants in a 14 mph wind . When punting into the wind neither team could punt the ball more than 30 yds. The exact same low line drive punts that have ruined this game.

I have screamed about this issue for well over a month, I was assured that Rex or Clint said in a tweet that this issue HAS BEEN FIXED and will be in the next up date. I was told, Be patient, They said it was addressed. I was asked are you calling them a liar. ? Well I guess the answer is obvious.

I am completely disgusted and fed up with this broken garbage game. Ban me if you want, I don't care at this point.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE that this issue wasn't addressed especially since EA said it was addressed and fixed.

Am I angry, you bet your but I am. If I could sue EA too get my money back, I actually would. To put all this work, time into a game, waiting over a month to get a broken issue fixed that EA claimed it was fixed. That totally ruins the game. It is total Bull crap.

Constructive criticism opinion ? That the best I can give at this point.
Same results after 4 outside games post patch. I even saw a CPU punt of 15 (!!!) yards, which frankly is kinda impressive. It's a joke that they can't properly scale punt power to account for the wind without just producing 20 and 30 yard kicks every time someone kicks into the wind.

# 66 timhere1970 @ 11/30/16 01:49 PM
Quote:
So nothing about all the CPU generated surfer bros in CFM?
Edit their skin tone and the hair goes away.

# 67 WeWereGiants @ 11/30/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Edit their skin tone and the hair goes away.
That is not a remotely reasonable workaround considering the problem was documented shortly after launch.

# 68 coach422001 @ 11/30/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanklax
Same results after 4 outside games post patch. I even saw a CPU punt of 15 (!!!) yards, which frankly is kinda impressive. It's a joke that they can't properly scale punt power to account for the wind without just producing 20 and 30 yard kicks every time someone kicks into the wind.
Well that sucks. I'm about to give it ago after this loads but I'm sensing I'm going to see the same issue. Is there someplace to see the wind speed when CPU v CPU? Conceivably if I knew the wind speed outdoors was nil I could play that game and if anything over 5 MPH sim it (HA!). I may have to look into the play out of the box options people are touting. Or go back to playing Fifa. Will let you know what i see too. Not optimistic.

# 69 timhere1970 @ 11/30/16 02:02 PM
Quote:
That is not a remotely reasonable workaround considering the problem was documented shortly after launch.
Maybe not reasonable, but it works.

# 70 cuoreceltico @ 11/30/16 02:03 PM
finally this seem good title update good

# 71 hock0413 @ 11/30/16 02:33 PM
Not sure how to post a video. Vikings vs Vikings at us bank stadium. CPU controlled Jeff Locke with a 17 yard punt. they where at their own 23.

# 72 Slim4824 @ 11/30/16 02:44 PM
I dont understand why the punt issue wasn't fixed when we were told it would be.

I also don't see the QB scramble in the patch notes either and we were told that it was going to be addressed in this patch as well.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

# 73 ehh @ 11/30/16 02:46 PM
I guess we can hang on to some hope re: QBA since they finally addressed the issue with the fumble slider. Hopefully they can do the same with the QBA slider if/when we get another update.

# 74 MDgolf @ 11/30/16 02:56 PM
Post patch seems the CPU QB is unstoppable McCowan on Cleveland is 12/13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 75 SteelerSpartan @ 11/30/16 03:09 PM
If someone could find out if that last tuner that nerfed the pass rush has been rolled into this title update????.....that would be very helpful.

I just couldn't play the game with that tuner and the 4-man pass rush looking so wimpy.....so that's critical for me to know in deciding whether or not to update....

# 76 KingV2k3 @ 11/30/16 03:13 PM
And this is why my PS4 remains signed out of the internet...

Nothing of interest (to me) was addressed, so the risk of "unintended consequence" isn't worth it (to me)...

Much appreciation to those who have posted...really helped confirm my suspicion / decision...

# 77 reverend_heat @ 11/30/16 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamelover
is this a good enough update to end the development process for Madden NFL 17? they only have around 8 months to work on Madden NFL 18 now.
Yeah now they can get to work on priority number 1 for Madden 18, mouthpieces

# 78 tbook24 @ 11/30/16 03:15 PM
can I get the correct home jersey for the Cowboys please. white not blue is the correct home jersey

# 79 Colttodd0018 @ 11/30/16 03:15 PM
So I restarted my offline CFM after this new update. When the season started I had about 10 players injured and out for multiple weeks. One player was Luck out for six weeks. During the first game I went into the injury page I noticed half my playeres who were out for multiple weeks before the game were not listed as injured . I could now play Luck and my other players. I Quit the game to check the injury report and they are still listed listed. I started the first game again and sure enough half the players were eligible to play. I have never seen this before in all my years of Madden.
This has made the game in un playable.

# 80 reverend_heat @ 11/30/16 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
I suggest you play the OOTB version, with no patches or tuners. It is much better without band-aids. And will they ever fixed the issue where Int's disappear if you do in-game save ?
With a complete uninstall is this possible?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.