Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update #10 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: Clint and Rex gave more details about the patch in their Twitch stream, watch the archive here.

Gameplay
  • Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
  • Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
  • Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
  • Fixed issue where QB’s could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
  • Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
  • Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
  • Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
  • Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
  • Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
  • Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
  • Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
  • Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
  • Fixed a variety of ‘players freezing’ issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
  • Tuned up fumble chances on ‘precision dive over top’ and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
  • Fixed an issue where free offensive linemen would not react to a nearby defender who just beat a block.
  • A variety of pass block targeting issues resolved.
  • Fixed several encroachment bugs that would result from aligning and sliding the defense in pre-play.
  • Addressed a rare issue where defenders could get into a state where they could not be blocked.
  • Fixed an issue where turning the pass accuracy slider to 0 would have very little impact in game.
  • Fixed a turbo blitz off the edge that was specific to players in a 4 point stance.
  • Addressed an issue where a DB in press coverage would not be able to defend a player locked user WR hot routed to a smoke screen
Stability
  • Tuned a variety of issues related to community feedback that lower rated offensive line was too effective against an elite defensive line. This change will also make elite OL more effective against lower rated D-line.
  • Addressed feedback that various online modes played at different game speeds. All online game speeds now consolidated to run at normal game speed.
  • Addressed an issue where a user in an online game could disconnect/concede and result in a crash for the opponent.
  • Addressed an issue where a timeout call on the pause menu could lead to camera settings being switched. This was also used as a grieving tactic to reset opponents camera.
  • Fixed an issue where user settings would be reset to defaults in a play a friend game. This includes the auto flip setting defaulting to on.
Franchise
  • Fixed CFM issue where user would receive an Invite Error Popup when trying to invite another user to a Franchise game.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 Review @ 02/14/17 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Three things, has fatigue been corrected , are there different wr/db interactions that lead to more PI and Def holding calls.. and if anyone has a chance to delve into CFM do Formation subs stick offline etc ..not in game but when you set them out of game..thanks!!

Saw about four new catch animations with human and a.i QBA both set to 25.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 102 edaddy @ 02/14/17 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
You may want to uninstall and reinstall, hopefully this isn't still an issue.
Let us know if it still is after that.
Thanks
So my man are you going to take the plunge and play with this patch rather than ootb..U know I am waiting for your impressions..

# 103 benton32 @ 02/14/17 11:15 PM
OK AM I missing something... everyone talking about the passing acc being better ummmm when ??? ok ive seen a few off target throws awesome cool,

but ok heres my issue, first game i tried at 25 acc everything else pretty much default, both qbs were around 70% which isnt to outta this world..

now ok i figure lets try 10 on acc, wellllll so far at the half, im up 13-10 good score, my QB 11-15, their QB, cpu, 10-10 yeppppppp both qbs combined 21-25 now granted the cpu qb is 10-10 80 yards so alot of shorter passes which yes are higher % passes, one of his throws would have been a IC pass replay showed the direction it was heading was going to go right down at WRs feet but it hit a DLineman in the head went up in the air and was caught by the same WR he was throwing to,

i have noticed a few different things yes on one of my qbs passes he was throwing a 10 yard in and threw it about 3 yards in front of the WR, nice not bad, but come on, do i really have to go way down to 5 or 0 on acc, again that QB is 10-10 but only 80 yards, longest pass is 19 yards so its understandable but still its bugging me alil that everyone is seeing more real passing game now and here iam still over 75 %, maybe next game ill just say screw it and try 0/5 acc rating,

# 104 audbal @ 02/14/17 11:22 PM
I've been playing ootb up unti today. Love how it's playing with the latest update. One cool thing I noticed is that the QB is now up right behind the center with his hands under the centers butt, just like they should be. Very nice to see!

# 105 gr18 @ 02/14/17 11:36 PM
So...no one talking about the 2nd biggest problem most had.Qb scrambling. Anyone see improvements here or is it still a glaring issue. Haven't had time to play yet. This would keep me playing '16 instead.

# 106 life4eva @ 02/14/17 11:44 PM
Very disappointed that my post was deleted by what I believe to be a moderator.......

After about 300+ online games I am severely disappointed with this new update, so much so it's basically unplayable to me.

The main problem overall is speed, running backs have been reduced greatly, slant plays, roll outs, etc. Basically it's as if the game developers placed a "governor" on offense making al speed advantages capped, which imo has changed the way this game was played and enjoyed.

Also QB accuracy has definitely been changed. Overall I would love for this message to be read by a developer so they can understand that not every gamer agrees with these changes and personally I'm not of fan of drastic ones such as these.

Plays almost entirely like a new game............

# 107 njmcfreak @ 02/14/17 11:49 PM
Well of course this comes after all the e sports Madden Bowl is over..Kidding haven't touched the game in months looks like it's time to play again.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

# 108 benton32 @ 02/15/17 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by life4eva
Very disappointed that my post was deleted by what I believe to be a moderator.......

After about 300+ online games I am severely disappointed with this new update, so much so it's basically unplayable to me.

The main problem overall is speed, running backs have been reduced greatly, slant plays, roll outs, etc. Basically it's as if the game developers placed a "governor" on offense making al speed advantages capped, which imo has changed the way this game was played and enjoyed.

Also QB accuracy has definitely been changed. Overall I would love for this message to be read by a developer so they can understand that not every gamer agrees with these changes and personally I'm not of fan of drastic ones such as these.

Plays almost entirely like a new game............

is this because most users love fantasy stats and putting up 60 pts per game and 500 passing yards, lol seems like online users always are upset the most when they try to patch things to keep it fun challenging and game play stuff, im not saying u are one of those people but i havent played online since the patch, so i cant talk much

# 109 benton32 @ 02/15/17 12:01 AM
why am i hearing that acc wasnt messed with ??? lil birdy in the sky told me they heard nothing changed on the acc slider thing ????

# 110 jfsolo @ 02/15/17 12:06 AM
Besides QB Accuracy Slider the biggest changes I've seen are:

Better targeting by all blockers-OLine, backs and receivers

More realistic block shedding, i.e. less warping to the ball carrier

ball carriers better at fighting for more yards

coverage and reaction time to the ball in zone defense-defenders are attacking the receiver/ball like they mean it.

# 111 D81SKINS @ 02/15/17 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
So my man are you going to take the plunge and play with this patch rather than ootb..U know I am waiting for your impressions..
This has definitely got my interest!
I'm wanting to see how everyone feels about the Oline vs Dline interactions, qb ai user acc, punting,

I'm waiting for my updates to complete tonight(slow internet). It's my Xbox1 and Madden getting updated tonight.
I can always go back to ootb if needed, so here goes something.
I'll have some feedback hopefully tomorrow.

# 112 D81SKINS @ 02/15/17 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Besides QB Accuracy Slider the biggest changes I've seen are:

Better targeting by all blockers-OLine, backs and receivers

More realistic block shedding, i.e. less warping to the ball carrier

ball carriers better at fighting for more yards

coverage and reaction time to the ball in zone defense-defenders are attacking the receiver/ball like they mean it.
Yes! Yes! And Yes! This is what I was hoping for, along w/ everything else.
Thanks man

# 113 D81SKINS @ 02/15/17 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
I've been playing ootb up unti today. Love how it's playing with the latest update. One cool thing I noticed is that the QB is now up right behind the center with his hands under the centers butt, just like they should be. Very nice to see!
Sounds good! I will post some thoughts asap.
Thanks

# 114 bcruise @ 02/15/17 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
why am i hearing that acc wasnt messed with ??? lil birdy in the sky told me they heard nothing changed on the acc slider thing ????
It's in the patch notes....

And as for not seeing it....who's your QB? The ratings really do matter. At QB Acc 50 Philip Rivers still barely ever missed, but at the same setting Goff was all over the place (he ended up with 7 balls thrown out of his recievers' reach in that game).

Now that I'm back from work I plan on trying some lower accuracy settings than default and see what happens. I'd like to be able to get even the elites to make a poor throw once in a while.

# 115 D81SKINS @ 02/15/17 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
So...no one talking about the 2nd biggest problem most had.Qb scrambling. Anyone see improvements here or is it still a glaring issue. Haven't had time to play yet. This would keep me playing '16 instead.
Now that would be sweet, I'm curious to know but don't expect to see anything new here till M18

# 116 benton32 @ 02/15/17 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's in the patch notes....

And as for not seeing it....who's your QB? The ratings really do matter. At QB Acc 50 Philip Rivers still barely ever missed, but at the same setting Goff was all over the place (he ended up with 7 balls thrown out of his recievers' reach in that game).

Now that I'm back from work I plan on trying some lower accuracy settings than default and see what happens. I'd like to be able to get even the elites to make a poor throw once in a while.

well im 11 seasons in on my franchise hahah, well some games were simmed and i simmed one whole season for fun, but my starter is

over 87 so ya not bad, Awr 81, short 89, medium 88, deep 80 so ya not bad QB, wrs are solid to, and maybe secondary isnt to great for both teams sometimes, every game is different,

maybe he read it wrong cause it said fixed a issue were putting acc at 0 did nothing, so maybe they thought it was saying that going to 0 doesnt do anything when they ment now it will,

my issue right now and yes its first half, whole new half coming up, but im on 10 acc and the cpu qb is 10-10 right now granted only 80 yards and longest is 19 so ya alot of short throws would be completed, and my qb on coach mode is 11-15, at 10 acc, maybe ill try 0 next game or back to 50 default

the qb who is 10-10 is overall 78, awr 75, 83-83-75 on acc distances, again granted his longest completion is 19 yards so who knows we will see..

# 117 tyberious4now @ 02/15/17 12:32 AM
Good patch EA Madden is back.....Now what I notice so far is a tighter game, running is tough on all pro I play close to default settings my only changes is QB ACC for me I have it 9 and the cpu @16 I'm seeing a variety of missed throws for both which is fantastic!!!!!

Cover 2 plays a heck of alot better than before and I noticed the oline vs the dline is pretty solid.. I upped the cpu run block to 68 and I'm loving it...

Great job Rex!!!!

# 118 bcruise @ 02/15/17 01:21 AM
It's happening guys. This was Brady's first poor throw of this game (and only one so far). And it's a doozy - this was likely headed to the flat HB but was grossly overthrown - not one Pats player has a chance on it.

This is All Pro default, except both Hum and CPU Accuracy at 25. Brady SHOULD NOT do this often - if he does, I'd love to actually ramp the slider back closer to 50. We'll see how it shakes out. Also note that pressure likely had an impact on the outcome of the play - that's how you make elite QB's make bad throws.

It CAN happen - that's all I needed to see, all I've WANTED to see since the patch that messed up that slider. And it's back.

# 119 rovert22044 @ 02/15/17 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's happening guys. This was Brady's first poor throw of this game (and only one so far). And it's a doozy - this was likely headed to the flat HB but was grossly overthrown - not one Pats player has a chance on it.

This is All Pro default, except both Hum and CPU Accuracy at 25. Brady SHOULD NOT do this often - if he does, I'd love to actually ramp the slider back closer to 50. We'll see how it shakes out. Also note that pressure likely had an impact on the outcome of the play - that's how you make elite QB's make bad throws.

It CAN happen - that's all I needed to see, all I've WANTED to see since the patch that messed up that slider. And it's back.
This. Is. HUGE.

And yes, that's what she said. Haha

# 120 benton32 @ 02/15/17 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
well im 11 seasons in on my franchise hahah, well some games were simmed and i simmed one whole season for fun, but my starter is

over 87 so ya not bad, Awr 81, short 89, medium 88, deep 80 so ya not bad QB, wrs are solid to, and maybe secondary isnt to great for both teams sometimes, every game is different,

maybe he read it wrong cause it said fixed a issue were putting acc at 0 did nothing, so maybe they thought it was saying that going to 0 doesnt do anything when they ment now it will,

my issue right now and yes its first half, whole new half coming up, but im on 10 acc and the cpu qb is 10-10 right now granted only 80 yards and longest is 19 so ya alot of short throws would be completed, and my qb on coach mode is 11-15, at 10 acc, maybe ill try 0 next game or back to 50 default

the qb who is 10-10 is overall 78, awr 75, 83-83-75 on acc distances, again granted his longest completion is 19 yards so who knows we will see..

Welllllll updated::::
2nd half was alot different i feel cheated haha jk no i was playing a good defense, they came into the game with the league best 15.5 ppg allowed, i lost 24-19 i avg 32 pts a game, so good to them, so my qb finished 21-36 at half he iwas 11-15 so he went 10-21 in the 2nd half ouch but hey better,

their qb still did pretty solid, 20-26, so he was 10-16 2nd half which isnt bad, I think had he thrown the ball more and was behind it would have changed and maybe gotten lower, ill take it, i couldnt slow their run game down, everything is on 50 DFT (default) except passing was 10, i hope that did hurt me more, but then again i was 11-15 in first half, i will say 2nd half i did have to try more deeper passes, i was picked off 2 times in 4th they routed me in the 4th grrrr, 14-0 but hey it happens,

Their RB had 144 yards but it took him 32 carries so 4.4 avg, my rbs were killing it and they should be, i have a solid line and good RBs, but i wasnt able to run as much as i wanted, one was 9 for 63 and the other was 7 for 48 longest run of the game overall was 15 yards, pretty decent, i was up 10-0 early and then ouch, they came back but oh well they are 5-1 so it was a tough team, iam 5-2 but it was a divisional opponent,

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.