Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

GameSpot has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video, walking through the new features in the game. It includes some regular gameplay, Retro Mode gameplay and a walkthrough of the player creation/edit process.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 201 elfdutch @ 02/17/17 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Just to further examine the color issue: We know google has bad photos of every stadium, which is why I recommended a special person to take high-quality photos from the community or for the devs to go to the stadiums and do it when they can if they can.

But here is a really bad looking photo of Target Field on the internet: it's overcast like the previous one but not as accurate:

This photo is a weird green for one, and it has no detail or anything else that would help someone texture grass on a field. It looks greener than the game for sure, but the color is totally off from real life. It is overcast in this photo, but there is a haze over it and the grass does not look right at all. It's much more vibrant in real life even when overcast. A touch darker possibly too. This is clearly a bad photo not worth taking into consideration.

Now here is one that more resembles what one might actually see at Target Field in real life on a sunny day:

You might have to adjust your TV, but at 32 color my calibrated set shows the second photo to be much more line with reality on normal day in the spring summer or fall when the sun is out. It's still not very good detail, and the color is not perfect, but a decent random shot from the internet for easy and fast looks right now. And to me it doesn't look that off from what I see in reality at the field.

The second photo is what I hope at some point this game is striving to hit. Or even more accurate with much better quality photos even. We really need that pop and realism back on the fields. I believe it would do wonders to sell the game along with animations and tuning the front end graphics. When you get this a bit more on the photorealistic side more people are going to come on board as they always do when graphics blow minds.

And right now it's kind of stuck in a bad gear in this one area. Kind of like your 'eyes' last year. Those were pretty last gen looking. But now this year you guys have amazing eyes in the players. It makes a big difference to me and a lot of other people.
Another excellent post, fully agree with you.

I have bought every edition ever since the ps2, and will buy '17 as well but do feel that it always had this washed out look.
You can see the same in some uniforms, the Red sox red ones, and the Pirates black which also looks kinda washed out.

I always try to compensate this by adjusting the colors on my tv but it can be improved only so far.

Love the game and will continue to support it but really hope for some improvement there. (seems so simple to me but then again : i know nothing about making video games)

Looking forward to the 23rd for more info.

# 202 Teddy_Long @ 02/17/17 09:49 AM
russell, will the matte helmets be an option to use with any team? just in case some team midseason starts using them lol

# 203 ShowTyme15 @ 02/17/17 10:17 AM
One thing I hope to see in the editor is the ability to edit logo colors of mitts.

# 204 Factzzz @ 02/17/17 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
One thing I hope to see in the editor is the ability to edit logo colors of mitts.
Yeah for some reason, they don't let you edit nike logo on one of their mitts so it has to stay gold/yellow, when most players have the logo as a team colour.

# 205 ShowTyme15 @ 02/17/17 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yeah for some reason, they don't let you edit nike logo on one of their mitts so it has to stay gold/yellow, when most players have the logo as a team colour.

I'm not sure either. It's not that big of a deal, but would be nice to have the option.

Y. Puig is the only player whose logo color on his mitt changes when you give him his correct Wilson A2000 mitt that is all blue with red laces and red striping.

# 206 Houston @ 02/17/17 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I think any color option on MLB 17 has the Color Palettes which I think was a very brilliant idea by SCEA to do this.

# 207 parky_17 @ 02/18/17 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I said earlier, I'm expecting it to be a few more mix and match options nothing major. I don't see them adding to a menu that we have already seen.
So I'm guessing they will be adding to the menu that we already saw with Ramone saying that all the uniforms that are in the style will be in the game [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

# 208 dran1984 @ 02/18/17 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
Some I'm guessing they will be adding to the menu that we already saw with Ramone saying that all the uniforms that are in the style will be in the game [emoji106] [emoji106]

Technically no...all the teams won't have the same amount of jerseys. So the menus that we saw won't be added to. That being said, I wasn't expecting them to come through like this. They changed the whole system that they have used for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 209 Cory4AU @ 02/18/17 06:28 AM
Hey Russell, is it hard carrying around that much swag? Seriously you guys are awesome and I know I speak for many when I say that I really appreciate y'all's interaction with the community. I can't wait for this game. More so than any other game since I can remember. I'm playing all 162 this year.

# 210 parky_17 @ 02/18/17 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Technically no...all the teams won't have the same amount of jerseys. So the menus that we saw won't be added to. That being said, I wasn't expecting them to come through like this. They changed the whole system that they have used for years.

I guess you're right, Cleveland may not have any more uniforms than the ones we saw but yeah it's awesome that they are adding of the alternates

# 211 Blzer @ 02/18/17 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
So I'm guessing they will be adding to the menu that we already saw with Ramone saying that all the uniforms that are in the style will be in the game

Then I sure hope SDS believes that all uniforms are "in the style"...

... even the ugly ones and the ones that are NOT black.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.