Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

GameSpot has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video, walking through the new features in the game. It includes some regular gameplay, Retro Mode gameplay and a walkthrough of the player creation/edit process.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 mrCPUgeek @ 02/15/17 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Probably tilted to left, right etc..........
And maybe Griffey style....backwards...

# 82 ShowTyme15 @ 02/15/17 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
And maybe Griffey style....backwards...
Yeah probably for RTTS and HR Derby.

# 83 ShowTyme15 @ 02/15/17 03:43 PM
They expanded on SOTS which is huge. Hopefully they fixed the issues with SOTS from 16 though...............otherwise it becomes pointless in certain situations.

# 84 Russell_SCEA @ 02/15/17 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Guess we got our answer on "Grass Tech." Color is still gonna be off.
Care to provide some examples please?

# 85 thawkprime 21 @ 02/15/17 04:09 PM
any one know if when doing a fantasy draft of relief pitches will still all go in the same round and will cpu drafted teams carry 15 or 16 pitchers in year one. I know not alot of fantasy drafters but this ishould am issue.

# 86 Impetuous65 @ 02/15/17 04:28 PM
Individual pitch confidence(IPC), I hope that gets a tweak. I chronicled in 16 how IPC would gain confidence on pitches fouled off that does not result in a strike and as you continue to fight off those pitches the IPC would gain confidence, even when you're on Pitch #7 resulting in the Pitcher gaining confidence in lets say the sinker pitch go from 50% to 80% based on foul balls and the batter taking him deep into his pitch count at bat. In addition to that confidence gaining attribute, the pitcher will gain confidence in a pitch after 8 at bats followed by a ground or fly out, doesn't make sense to me.

I'm hoping they gave this area of pitching some attention.

# 87 adh5199 @ 02/15/17 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

This may sound weird but I think it's the fact that the lighter green colored strips of grass (blades away from the camera, correct?) seem too light. I think that makes all the difference. Also never noticed, but are the fields in the show different shades of green depending on the field or time of day? .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 88 SilverBullet1929 @ 02/15/17 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Video blocked at work.
Quit. Find a new job. Immediately.

# 89 SoxFan01605 @ 02/15/17 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I'm just guessing here (kind of wish ramone or someone could give us an answer), but Ramone did say in the interview they removed those 17 heads we have now and replaced them with the new 49. Judging by that everything will have to be redone from scratch. I hope I'm wrong here, but as of now that's what it looks like.
Yeah, I caught that as well. I'm still holding out hope that they made some head shapes similar enough to the old ones where it's more a matter of tweaking my CAPS within the new system rather than a complete redo, but we shall see.

# 90 NewNapkin @ 02/15/17 05:02 PM
That Schwar-bomb though

# 91 jimmy13 @ 02/15/17 05:10 PM
Isn't there a stream today at 5 est? Can't find it

# 92 bcruise @ 02/15/17 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy13
Isn't there a stream today at 5 est? Can't find it
They said in the stream chat that they're having tech difficulties, will be starting soon.

# 93 SilverBullet1929 @ 02/15/17 05:19 PM
Amazing video but as a uniform guy I'll comment on that. Disappointed to only see 10 uniform slots still available but all the other changes have my hyped and still giving them the benefit of the doubt on uniforms.

Huge change if I'm not mistaken they finally got the Indians collar piping the same thickness as the sleeve piping so I'm praying it's fixed for my Marlins as well.

Don't like the ST warmup jacket pullover things in there, would rather have the BP jerseys or the Spring jerseys. There are 3 now and I feel like they chose the least useful one as the one they chose is not for game use.

I love the listing of the uniforms, I love the specifying of the year of the throwbacks and I love that a player models it and that uniforms are already combined and that picking individual while still available is only an option because it's not always necessary.

And I love the improved coloring of the uniforms as well.

Also, I'm not an expert on the Indians can anyone confirm based on the video if the socks were right or wrong in this one?

# 94 jimmy13 @ 02/15/17 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
They said in the stream chat that they're having tech difficulties, will be starting soon.
Can I get link please? Thank you

# 95 tnixen @ 02/15/17 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy13
Can I get link please? Thank you
https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio

# 96 bacon96 @ 02/15/17 05:30 PM
Did anyone else notice how in today's new video, Cano has generic wrist guards?

Also, another thing piece of equipment that I have yet to see is the EvoShield elbow guards? Bryant isn't wearing one and I can't think of other players but they've all worn the bulky style one elbow guard instead.

# 97 redsfan4life @ 02/15/17 05:44 PM
The create a player revamp is awesome. Very excited to see the rosters the guys here at OS come up with this year. Might be more work for them but they have so many more tools this year at their disposal.

# 98 Factzzz @ 02/15/17 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
Did anyone else notice how in today's new video, Cano has generic wrist guards?

Also, another thing piece of equipment that I have yet to see is the EvoShield elbow guards? Bryant isn't wearing one and I can't think of other players but they've all worn the bulky style one elbow guard instead.
I noticed this too, Machado also had the bulky elbow guard on instead of the EvoShield, im just gonna assume it's because it's an early build.

# 99 viperman240 @ 02/15/17 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I'll take it upon myself to share some. I'll compare from the latest footage from the Gamespot interview you were on.

The only time the grass comes close to being the correct color in The Show is when there is an overcast in real life. Apart from that the grass seems to be a shade too bright or faded.

(closest image I could find to The Show but still slightly off)

# 100 tnixen @ 02/15/17 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman240
I'll take it upon myself to share some. I'll compare from the latest footage from the Gamespot interview you were on.

The only time the grass comes close to being the correct color in The Show is when there is an overcast in real life. Apart from that the grass seems to be a shade too bright or faded.

(closest image I could find to The Show but still slightly off)

And there you go

Look how much more vivid and colorful real life grass is

Maybe HDR can fix this issue?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.