Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post
Member Comments
# 1 dalger21 @ 02/16/17 10:29 AM
I'm guessing these are physical copies?

I have Amazon Prime (the greatest thing to come out in the past 5 years) but I love pre-loading my games and having it ready to play at midnight of release. That would be one of the reasons I don't buy physical copies anymore.

Edited for clarification purposes.

# 2 Scott @ 02/16/17 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I'm guessing you can't pre-load with Amazon?
These are for physical copies, so no.

# 3 The Left Shark @ 02/16/17 10:35 AM
Just pre-ordered standard edition with Prime. Thanks for the heads up!

# 4 Mauer4MVP @ 02/16/17 10:42 AM
Maybe I'll just get it here. Best Buy has cut back their $10 certificates so much

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 5 Scott @ 02/16/17 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Maybe I'll just get it here. Best Buy has cut back their $10 certificates so much

If you're a Gamers Unlocked member, price will be the same.

# 6 Mauer4MVP @ 02/16/17 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
If you're a Gamers Unlocked member, price will be the same.
Oh I know. It'd be more out of spite haha. That $10 certificate really set them apart

# 7 davidb69 @ 02/16/17 11:19 AM
Quote:

I have Amazon Prime (the greatest thing to come out in the past 5 years) but I love pre-loading my games and having it ready to play at midnight of release. That would be one of the reasons I don't buy physical copies anymore.

I'm crazy too and feel that launch day itch and must preload my game. I generally play the previous years version up till midnight and make that switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 TheWarmWind @ 02/16/17 11:41 AM
I checked Amazon.ca for us Canadians. 79.99 for standard (same as PS store) with a discount of $0.03 for prime members. 3 cents Canadian? That's not even legal tender!

Sticking with my digital download.

# 9 zman2392 @ 02/16/17 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I checked Amazon.ca for us Canadians. 79.99 for standard (same as PS store) with a discount of $0.03 for prime members. 3 cents Canadian? That's not even legal tender!

If you have amazon prime you still get the 20% off on the Canadian site. I did it last night! After taxes (and applying a 5$ gift card that I had) I paid $ 76.35 for the MVP edition last night

# 10 TheBigTee @ 02/16/17 12:02 PM
I wanted to post a heads up to anybody interested in ordering from Best Buy (Gamers Club Members especially) if you pay with Visa Checkout you can get $25 off of $100 purchase and it works with pre-orders. So if you want to pre-order The Show and possibly another game you can save 25 on top of the Gamers Club savings you get. Could potentially save over 50 dollars on a couple of games.

# 11 Stolm @ 02/16/17 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind

You get a 20% Discount on checkout with Prime.

MVP is around $80 after taxes, and comes with same-day shipping.

# 12 Blzer @ 02/16/17 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
I wanted to post a heads up to anybody interested in ordering from Best Buy (Gamers Club Members especially) if you pay with Visa Checkout you can get $25 off of $100 purchase and it works with pre-orders. So if you want to pre-order The Show and possibly another game you can save 25 on top of the Gamers Club savings you get. Could potentially save over 50 dollars on a couple of games.
Not to mention if you do get over that $100 hump, they will discount exactly $12 off the game itself. If it just so happens that you don't want the other product(s) you purchased with it and you end up returning them, you still get it for $35.99 + tax regardless. It will not void the promotion.

However, I pre-ordered this alongside RDR2, so I'm not returning anything anyway.

# 13 Beasnizzle99 @ 02/16/17 12:58 PM
very nice, I went with MLB The Show 17 MVP Edition - PlayStation 4 MVP Edition from Amazon, since this is probably the only game I will buy yearly on the ps4 im ok with the hard copy, plus my cases will look cool lined up idk, haha

# 14 MetsFan16 @ 02/16/17 01:11 PM
I do have Amazon Prime but I prefer Digital Downloads. Too bad they don't sell Digital Codes on Amazon

# 15 TheBigTee @ 02/16/17 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Not to mention if you do get over that $100 hump, they will discount exactly $12 off the game itself. If it just so happens that you don't want the other product(s) you purchased with it and you end up returning them, you still get it for $35.99 + tax regardless. It will not void the promotion.

However, I pre-ordered this alongside RDR2, so I'm not returning anything anyway.
Good to know!

I ended up adding an external hard drive onto my order to get me over the $100 dollar hump. I thought about RDR2 but I know once The Show comes out I won't have enough time to play anything else for a while, plus I still haven't touched Uncharted 4.

# 16 dutchy25 @ 02/16/17 01:22 PM
I already pre-ordered from GameStop because I didn't know Prime did this. Now I'm sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 17 Mauer4MVP @ 02/16/17 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I do have Amazon Prime but I prefer Digital Downloads. Too bad they don't sell Digital Codes on Amazon
You don't trade in last year's game?

# 18 Mauer4MVP @ 02/16/17 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
Good to know!

I ended up adding an external hard drive onto my order to get me over the $100 dollar hump. I thought about RDR2 but I know once The Show comes out I won't have enough time to play anything else for a while, plus I still haven't touched Uncharted 4.
Learned the hard way today that you can't trade in console bundled games (Uncharted 4).

It's a great game but I just don't see myself playing it again.

# 19 Mitchrapp @ 02/16/17 01:54 PM
Quote:

That's the one reason I buy physical copies now, rather than digital. Save $12 a game is worth waiting for a few hours to play.. Especially by Midnight I'm tired..

# 20 MetsFan16 @ 02/16/17 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
You don't trade in last year's game?

Nah, when I bought physical copies I liked to collect them and display them. But the ease of switching games without switching discs and no risk of damaging disk is what i prefer about digital

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.