Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post
Member Comments
# 21 Mitchrapp @ 02/16/17 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Nah, when I bought physical copies I liked to collect them and display them. But the ease of switching games without switching discs and no risk of damaging disk is what i prefer about digital
It won't effect this game but what happens if you buy a game digital and you think it stinks - can't return it? That's why I don't do digital anyone, after I bought a digital copy of a bad game.. Like I did on Madden '15.

# 22 MetsFan16 @ 02/16/17 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
It won't effect this game but what happens if you buy a game digital and you think it stinks - can't return it? That's why I don't do digital anyone, after I bought a digital copy of a bad game.. Like I did on Madden '15.

Yeah I feel you. I bought Watch Dogs 2 digitally. Beat it in a week, haven't touched it since. I've learned my lesson. But I know with The Show I won't have that happen. Other games, I'll probably look to renting before purchasing.

# 23 The Left Shark @ 02/16/17 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
Good to know!

I ended up adding an external hard drive onto my order to get me over the $100 dollar hump. I thought about RDR2 but I know once The Show comes out I won't have enough time to play anything else for a while, plus I still haven't touched Uncharted 4.
Could you send me a link to the hard drive? I've been very curious lately about adding an external hard drive. I ran out of space recently and am looking to upgrade.

# 24 dalger21 @ 02/16/17 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy25
I already pre-ordered from GameStop because I didn't know Prime did this. Now I'm sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You can't cancel it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
I generally only buy games that I know I want to play. I've only had that burn me one time buying digital - CoD:Advanced Warfare. Everything else, I am glad I bought digitally. I actually haven't purchase a physical copy of The Show since '12.

# 25 TheBigTee @ 02/16/17 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Could you send me a link to the hard drive? I've been very curious lately about adding an external hard drive. I ran out of space recently and am looking to upgrade.
I bought this one...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-pa...?skuId=5605521

I actually purchased the 2 TB white version because it was on sale as a My Best Buy member early access deal for 80 dollars (down from 90), but you could get the 1 TB red version for 55 if looking to just bump over the 100 dollar mark.

Also I just want to clarify that I purchased the external hard drive to use with my Xbox One. I don't think PS4 currently allows for external hard drive support. To my knowledge you have to change the internal hard drive to upgrade the storage capacity of the PS4 (although I do believe support for external hard drives is rumored to be coming soon). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

# 26 The Left Shark @ 02/16/17 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
I bought this one...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-pa...?skuId=5605521

I actually purchased the 2 TB white version because it was on sale as a My Best Buy member early access deal for 80 dollars (down from 90), but you could get the 1 TB red version for 55 if looking to just bump over the 100 dollar mark.

Also I just want to clarify that I purchased the external hard drive to use with my Xbox One. I don't think PS4 currently allows for external hard drive support. To my knowledge you have to change the internal hard drive to upgrade the storage capacity of the PS4 (although I do believe support for external hard drives is rumored to be coming soon). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I was talking about my PS4. Yeah the rumors are that it is soon. Maybe I should have sold my PS4 to Gamestop and just used that towards a credit for the PS4 Pro. Thanks anyway.

# 27 chris68pj @ 02/16/17 04:28 PM
I have the physical MVP edition already preordered but plan to go digital. If I go digital and then redeem the code that comes with the physical copy, will I double up on all the packs and everything? I mean I should but didn't know if there was a way it could tell. I want the steelbook so I just plan to trade in the disc somewhere soon after release.

# 28 jeffy777 @ 02/16/17 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I do have Amazon Prime but I prefer Digital Downloads. Too bad they don't sell Digital Codes on Amazon
They do actually sell the digital version too, but you don't get the Prime discount. I also prefer digital since the load times are better as well and everything just feels smoother.

# 29 BA2929 @ 02/16/17 04:49 PM
Quote:
I already pre-ordered from GameStop because I didn't know Prime did this. Now I'm sad!
For future reference, Prime does this for every new physical video game release, and the discount works for a few weeks after release as well. So you can wait for reviews on that new game you were interested in before buying.

I'd just cancel the pre-order from GameStop and go to Amazon. Even if it costs you the $5 pre-order down payment you'll still save money. (I'm not sure if GameStop does this, I haven't been in one in nearly 10 years)

# 30 chris68pj @ 02/16/17 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Both codes should work just fine.
Thanks! I figured as much but had a game that wouldn't let me redeem multiple bonuses of the same type one time so it's always in the back of my mind.

# 31 dutchy25 @ 02/16/17 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
For future reference, Prime does this for every new physical video game release, and the discount works for a few weeks after release as well. So you can wait for reviews on that new game you were interested in before buying.

I'd just cancel the pre-order from GameStop and go to Amazon. Even if it costs you the $5 pre-order down payment you'll still save money. (I'm not sure if GameStop does this, I haven't been in one in nearly 10 years)

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have prime until this year. But I put down $23 something on it because I had trade-ins. Guess there's always the next game I want.

# 32 Speedy @ 02/16/17 05:57 PM
Time for me to find a friend that has Prime.

# 33 nusie @ 02/16/17 06:59 PM
I snagged the Standard Edition (because I could care less about Diamond Dynasty) and used a $25 gift card from my birthday, so I was only out of pocket $26.95...Not bad at all...Not bad at all!

# 34 kamackeris76 @ 02/17/17 10:20 AM
Not available to pre-order in the UK from Amazon... Come to think of it was the physical version even released over here? Only bought digital

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 35 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/19/17 09:15 AM
Originally had the standard but for $8 more, I just got the MVP edition. Love Amazon

# 36 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/19/17 09:15 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have prime until this year. But I put down $23 something on it because I had trade-ins. Guess there's always the next game I want.

You can switch the whole amount to another game coming out in the future and then order from Amazon.

# 37 krmarks @ 02/28/17 07:32 PM
Anyone else getting "not available" for the MVP edition on Amazon?

# 38 agentlaw13 @ 02/28/17 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmarks
Anyone else getting "not available" for the MVP edition on Amazon?

Yeah same here. Been keeping my eyes on it for the last few days bc I'm planning on taking advantage of the AmazonPrime deal. But it has been saying "not available" for the MVP edition for about a week.

# 39 adam42381 @ 02/28/17 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Yeah same here. Been keeping my eyes on it for the last few days bc I'm planning on taking advantage of the AmazonPrime deal. But it has been saying "not available" for the MVP edition for about a week.

Same here. Hoping it comes back. If not, I'll be getting the standard edition.

# 40 mborowiec @ 03/02/17 12:05 PM
Sorry of this was asked, but I couldn't find an answer. If I preorder the regular game from amazon will I still get griffey?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.