Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Editor Chris Sanner recently got a chance to go out to 2K and chat with several members of the NBA 2K team about what it was like to go from a member of the OS and Sports Gaming Community to working in gaming. In this third video, we take a look at the realities of game development while being a fan of the game series. Also discussions of skills you need to work in gaming as well as the importance of passion.

Next week is our last video in the series and will include a lot of great advice from the guys at 2K about how to get noticed by gaming companies and what you can do to stand out. Stay tuned for that one!

As part of this series, we are also wanting to encourage anyone interested in working in gaming to look into it. The results of what former OS'ers have been able to do at 2K Sports in particular speaks for itself.

If you are interested in possibly working in gaming, you should certainly give it a try! We are encouraging all interested members of the community to contact Chad Riggleman, a recruiter at 2K Sports, about how you may fit in with their future. E-mail Chad at [email protected].

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Crunky @ 04/10/17 01:05 PM
We're very grateful to have these guys as our game developers and the 2kteam.

# 2 8KB24 @ 04/10/17 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Not grateful for broken game that no one bothers to fix. Not even going to mention the in game faults.
12 patches bruh

# 3 swiftkid @ 04/11/17 02:29 PM
okayyy I get why like a week after 2k16 came out there was an article along the lines of "already working on 2k17"... I know I've been getting a polished and added features version of the previous game, but one of these dudes just confirmed it. (5:32)
So 2k18 is just going to be the most recent patch of 2k14 + a different looking UI, whatever from their "blue sky list" they could've fit in before the deadline and special guest for the playlist...

got it

# 4 Dyslexicphish @ 04/11/17 11:41 PM
Well, at least Leftos likes my username...

# 5 dajaz27 @ 04/12/17 03:52 PM
Softball interview.

# 6 Smirkin Dirk @ 04/12/17 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajaz27
Softball interview.
The purpose of the series is not to probe on every gameplay issue we as a community find sub standard.

# 7 zello144 @ 04/14/17 05:38 PM
I really like this series are you guys planning to interview the dev teams at other studios for other games like MLB The Show? Madden?

# 8 Junior Moe @ 04/15/17 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
How about just probe for info?

Doesn't have to be negative, but 2k tells us almost nothing about how the game works.
Why would they? O'S and even a dev clarified what the purpose of this series was. It wasn't probing or anything of the sort. I'd welcome it, of course. But this was about the devs, their work and how to get into it if that's your thing. And no offense, but you and a few others are always negative about everything with this game. I get it. 2k17 has been a misfire. The devs couldn't not notice it. But at some point you have to either accept it or move on.

# 9 MontanaMan @ 04/15/17 11:36 PM
That part about us fans pointing out the wrong shade of blue on sneakers is accurate lol.

# 10 VAWereWolf65 @ 04/16/17 08:27 AM
I don't understand how anyone who works at 2k could ever play a game of any gamemode and be satisfied with the level of effort that was put into it

12 patches (!!!) that removed barley any of the stuff that we've been complaining about all year long. Yes development is hard I understand that, I'm not saying i could do any better because of course I couldn't, But it's not my damn job. This is their job and they should know how to do it properly.

I may not be good at development, but at least i'm good at my job. You can't sit here and tell us that fixing bugs and problems in the game is very hard when that's what they're literally paying you to do, not to mention that pretty much every other gaming company can fix a problem with their game when the community point it out to them.

# 11 Smirkin Dirk @ 04/16/17 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
pretty much every other gaming company can fix a problem with their game when the community point it out to them.
Dude. You don't honestly believe this part, do you?

# 12 VAWereWolf65 @ 04/16/17 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Dude. You don't honestly believe this part, do you?
I used to be big into Grand Theft Auto and whenever there was some glitch or bug the community would be sure Rockstar knew about it and eventually it would get fixed.

Maybe not every company fixes all their bugs, but i've never seen any company worse at listening to the community and fixing bugs and problems in their own game than 2k

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.