Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

MLB The Show 17 patch 1.03 is available now, check out the patch notes below.
  • Online gameplay fixes and improvements (both in menus and in the field)
    • Time outs, bullpen and substitution menus.
    • Pausing/unpausing at the same time as your opponent.
    • Double switching and pinch hitters/runners.
  • Detroit Tigers road uniform name fixed.
  • Year to year save fixes and message handling.
We will update this post if more details arrive later.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Cman9 @ 04/11/17 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Game has been out 2 weeks.

2 weeks.

A much larger and far reaching patch is in the works.

Patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
No one has patience theses days, that's the problem - I get that people spend hard earned money and want a flawless product, but at least have confidence that they are working on the issues and will eventually be addressed.

# 42 ODogg @ 04/11/17 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman9
No one has patience theses days, that's the problem - I get that people spend hard earned money and want a flawless product, but at least have confidence that they are working on the issues and will eventually be addressed.
I have said this before. Prepare for everyone to absolutely rip you for "judging people and how they spend their money" lol..

# 43 Cman9 @ 04/11/17 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have said this before. Prepare for everyone to absolutely rip you for "judging people and how they spend their money" lol..
I don't care lol

# 44 jada855 @ 04/11/17 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio83
Anyone come across this?

When the score bug on theme 1 shows the history of the batter vs the pitcher, the words are gumbled over each other

Also took a game I was playing into quick sim and saw that Nick Markaris was pitch hitting for another player while still in the lineup for the Braves
coolio83,

I have seen a similar issue with theme one when you press left on the d-pad while at bat the text is black on the background instead of white so there is a readability issue. I will try to post screen shots later. This is prior to patch 1.03 though.

# 45 HustlinOwl @ 04/11/17 02:32 PM
Quote:
obviously online is flawed and game should have not been released in its current state. These servers are horrible spin it however you want

# 46 EWRMETS @ 04/11/17 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener
The last time I bought a baseball game on opening day, it was MVP 2005. I'm just thankful we have the technology for devs to update the game after release.
Was it MVP 2005 that had the lefty power glitch? Gltiches in games used to be a lot worse than the "game breaking bugs" today.

# 47 MrArlingtonBeach @ 04/11/17 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Was it MVP 2005 that had the lefty power glitch? Gltiches in games used to be a lot worse than the "game breaking bugs" today.
That was in 2004...MVP 2005 is still the pinnacle of baseball gaming, in this reporter's opinion.

# 48 bcruise @ 04/11/17 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
'04. But I agree. Plus console games weren't patchable back then, so you were stuck.

# 49 Caulfield @ 04/11/17 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
obviously online is flawed and game should have not been released in its current state. These servers are horrible spin it however you want
I'd have been matter than a wet hen if they'd delayed the release until online was playable,
esp. since I dont play online. after all, 2 weeks is a long time to wait

# 50 rupe @ 04/11/17 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
No sounds of the show fix?
Completely amazed this has not been fixed yet. I've been holding off on playing franchise and RTTS until I complete the sounds of the show for all the players. It takes a ton of time to set all of it up. And it something glitches you have to start it all over again.

# 51 Dolenz @ 04/11/17 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Game has been out 2 weeks.

2 weeks.

A much larger and far reaching patch is in the works.

Patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:

It would be much easier to be patient and believe that there is a more far reaching patch incoming if SDS gave us any updates or acknowledged the errors. For a group that is so involved with their community in the month leading up to the release of the game their relative silence post release in regards to issues is not good community relations. Even if you don't have a definitive answer or an estimate of when things will be resolved then at least acknowledge that you are aware a specific issues and are working to solve them

Personally I can be patient because I most play the CPU modes of DD. But that does not mean that I don't thing SDS should be a little more forthcoming with updates to the community.

# 52 LowerWolf @ 04/11/17 03:45 PM
When's the last time a sports game - heck, any game - didn't have multiple updates throughout its cycle? There will be multiple gameplay updates; I have zero doubt about this.

# 53 HolyStroke3 @ 04/11/17 03:50 PM
Can we get the A's batting helmets fixed? The correct one is already in the game, it just needs to be assigned to all the uniforms

# 54 Dolenz @ 04/11/17 03:52 PM
There will absolutely be updates. Anyone who thinks this is somehow their one and only post release patch is just crazy.

Doesn't change the fact that they could have one person take 5 or 10 minutes a day to update the community in some way.

# 55 HustlinOwl @ 04/11/17 03:56 PM
where is anyone stating that this is the only update?

# 56 bcruise @ 04/11/17 04:12 PM
Quote:
where is anyone stating that this is the only update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
It would be much easier to be patient and believe that there is a more far reaching patch incoming if SDS gave us any updates or acknowledged the errors.
I think that's what prompted that response.

# 57 BiGVaTeR-- @ 04/11/17 04:22 PM
Trying to play online rated is still brutal servers have been really bad this year

# 58 Ferweezy @ 04/11/17 04:36 PM
Nothing is fixed it seems like it's worse then before. 2 online season games froze on me. I'm done with the show. I will never pre order this game again. EA needs to made baseball games again. I know for a fact their servers WILL work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 newmich @ 04/11/17 05:11 PM
Quote:
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I honestly don't have many issues with the servers. Now maybe I'm just extremely lucky or it's because I have a wired connection...I really don't know. I have been really pleased with the game and all of the new features they added. Yes there are problems with the game like the CPU SP problem (which SCEA did note they are aware of) among other things. Issues will be addressed as they always are. The game has only been out for 2 weeks...that is 10 business days for a company that only has approx. 80 employees working on the game. Stay patient my friends.

# 60 SilverBullet1929 @ 04/11/17 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
Can we get the A's batting helmets fixed? The correct one is already in the game, it just needs to be assigned to all the uniforms
What's the problem? I'm curious and don't have the game in front of me now and have yet to play with the As.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.