Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

The MLB The Show 17 server issues persisted over the weekend, and many are starting to feel like there is no end in sight.

While server issues are a traditional problem with Sony and MLB The Show, last year it seemed like there was a lot of progress made towards a smoother playing experience. Unfortunately this year, it appears the series has indeed suffered a setback with the online play.

Last year, there were some rough days even a couple of weeks after launch as well, but the servers going down at the start of Easter weekend was a real low point (Sony did get them back up on the whole by Saturday). With that in mind, we thought it best to at least summarize the issues that have cropped up during this first month and sort of just encapsulate the whole saga to this point.

Read More - MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 striker3771 @ 04/23/17 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
I guess yesterday was a fluke, back to things not counting today. Yay.

Why is there a queue? Ive literally never had a game count once it went to queue.

It goes to queue so when they run another maintenance all games, progress, etc gets deleted without registering.

# 142 mikeq672 @ 04/23/17 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I don't play H2H so I can't say anything about that but I have had all my vs CPU games that went to the queue count.
Ive only ever had vs cpu games go to the queue, and they have never ever counted. Yesterday was the first day in a week Ive had my vs cpu games actually count. Back to not counting today.

# 143 Dolenz @ 04/23/17 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Ive only ever had vs cpu games go to the queue, and they have never ever counted. Yesterday was the first day in a week Ive had my vs cpu games actually count. Back to not counting today.
Just as a point of data. Whenever I get a CPU game that goes to the queue. I just stop playing that mode. Usually just exiting the game and when I restart it in 20 to 30 minutes I will be greeted with a card reward and my stats will update.

But it sounds like I was lucky today. I played the heck out of Conquest without any issues.

# 144 mikeq672 @ 04/23/17 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Just as a point of data. Whenever I get a CPU game that goes to the queue. I just stop playing that mode. Usually just exiting the game and when I restart it in 20 to 30 minutes I will be greeted with a card reward and my stats will update.

But it sounds like I was lucky today. I played the heck out of Conquest without any issues.
I always get the card, never get the game to count or mission stats tho

# 145 baseballsim @ 04/23/17 08:42 PM
I usually don't play during the day time on weekends but I did today and DD h2h is very bad. All games have been freezing in the 1st inning.

# 146 WaitTilNextYear @ 04/24/17 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
I follow them on twitter and 3 days ago they said they were completing a server maintenance and on the 13th they addressed the issue on twitter. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I haven't seen Ramone here since launch to address this. I remember them being very vocal here before release and that's not the case anymore.

To me and many others here the one statement addressing the server issues and two stating they're doing servers maintenance in 3 weeks isn't something some of us here are happy with. They had sever issues last year too but it didn't take this long to resolve. I thought by now games wouldn't be freezing. I think many people have the right to be upset with this. Question, and I mean no disrespect by this, but is there something wrong with me being upset because this is still going on?
This isn't really unusual at all. If memory serves, Ramone's title is "Community Manager" and one of the many hats he wears is to ratchet the hype up to 11 before the game releases. Ramone being here, there, and everywhere in the days/weeks leading up to release is a simple part of Sony's marketing strategy. He doesn't usually spend a ton of time here on OS (that I'm aware of) outside of this period. It's the same every year and, frankly, I don't think he really needs to babysit us on OS year round (forgive me for the term if you find it offensive, not intended that way)--people should go through the regular channels, with pitchforks and lanterns, to give their feedback and/or report bugs. One can't expect to have an "in" to Ramone and the dev team 12 months per year.

As for the rest of it, apology or no apology--I really don't have an opinion on that. I am just commenting on the general presence or absence of SDS devs on these boards.

# 147 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/24/17 04:35 PM
I'm not gonna get into the apology conversation right now. All I want to say is that we're four days away from this game being out for an entire month and still have serious issues online. In no way should this be acceptable to anyone.

# 148 jvalverde88 @ 04/24/17 07:35 PM

# 149 iainttoobright @ 04/24/17 07:48 PM
It's out of control. about 98% of my games are going to the queue. This includes H2H and VS CPU. I've completed all the conquest missions 3X over and none of the stats count. I'm just glad to hear it's not an LAN issue on my end, but it still doesn't get me back the hours I lost trying to complete the missions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.