Home
MLB Manager 2017 News Post

First, a confession: other than periodic bursts of Super Stickman Golf addiction, I am not what you would call a “mobile gamer” on any consistent basis. I find Twitter and Twitch much more appealing than trying to deal with phone games with sometimes spotty controls on a much smaller screen than I am used to playing with on console games.

A second confession: I’ve never played a sports text sim. I did buy Out of the Park Baseball 16 when a mid-season sale put it at a price that put little resistance in the way of my curiosity. I excitedly installed it, took one glance at the mind-boggling number of features, menu items and possible ways to play the game and got overwhelmed to the point of no return. Sometimes -- especially without a solid tutorial or walkthrough for new players -- there can absolutely be too much of a good thing. I retreated to the familiar cocoon of MLB The Show and didn’t give OOTP a second thought.

So why, may you ask, am I writing about MLB Manager 17 ($4.99, Apple App Store/$4.49, Google Play) the mobile-friendly MLB text sim from Out of the Park Developments? I’m happy to report that after playing this game for over a week, I have fallen deep into a rabbit hole I don’t want to get out of.

Read More - MLB Manager 17: Baseball Anytime, Anywhere (Written by: Ryan Spencer)

Game: MLB Manager 2017Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOSVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 CujoMatty @ 04/20/17 12:46 AM
Ryan Dull was injured roller blading? What a nerd. Lol

# 2 Jershy88 @ 04/20/17 10:21 AM
If they made a pro football version of this I would die. There was a rumor a while back they were going to do one, but i'ts been crickets for a long time

# 3 AuditMonkey @ 04/20/17 02:08 PM
Can you play multiple seasons in this like you can in OOTP?

# 4 GlennN @ 04/20/17 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditMonkey
Can you play multiple seasons in this like you can in OOTP?
Yep. Trades, drafts, free agency, player progression/regression. An amazingly deep game for a mobile platform!

# 5 itzBroseph @ 04/21/17 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
If they made a pro football version of this I would die. There was a rumor a while back they were going to do one, but i'ts been crickets for a long time
YES! I would love an NFL version. Baseball just doesn't do it for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.