Home
NBA 2K18 News Post

NBA 2K18 will feature Shaquille O'Neal on the cover of the legend edition, marking his third appearance on an NBA 2K cover.

You can also watch the ad featuring Shaq, as he makes the announcement. Kobe Bryant is also in the ad.

Gamers who pre-order the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition will receive special Shaq memorabilia, in-game content, and Early Tip-Off Access beginning September 15, 2017; check out what's included in each edition below.

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition - $99.99
  • 100,000 VC
  • 20 Weekly MyTEAM Packs (with guaranteed Shaq and Team 2K cards)
  • Shaq Attaq Shoes
  • Shaq Jerseys & Apparel
  • Championship Ring
  • Shaq MyTEAM Stickers
  • 5 Shaq Trading Cards
  • Shaq Poster
NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold - $149.99
  • All Legend Edition Content
  • Additional 150,0000 VC (250,000 total)
  • 20 Additional Weekly MyTEAM packs (40 total with guaranteed Shaq and Team 2K card)
  • Shaq's Jersey Collection
  • 5 Additional Shaq Trading Cards
  • Lenticular Cover
NBA 2K18 Standard Edition: - $59.99
  • 5000 VC
  • 10 Weekly MyTEAM Packs (With Team 2K card)
  • MyPlayer Apparel
Read the full press release below.

‘The Big Aristotle’ Shaquille O’Neal Booms Back to the Court in NBA® 2K18 Legend Edition

Newly enshrined NBA Hall of Famer, dominant basketball icon and ultimate basketball big man honored on special game cover; fans to receive exclusive memorabilia and in-game content

2K today announced that NBA 2K will feature Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal on the cover of the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition. This special edition of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series for the last 16 years* gives the court to the big man who needs no introduction, “The Diesel…The Big Aristotle…Superman…Shaq Daddy…” with special Shaq-themed memorabilia and content, extending his legacy as the most dominant center in NBA history.

Quote:
“I want to thank NBA 2K for their continuous support of my basketball and broadcast career,” said O’Neal, whose Hall of Fame enshrinement late last year celebrates a storied 19-year career. “I’m excited to be on the cover of the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and I hope my fans have a blast playing it up big man style and re-creating my most legendary in-game moments!”

O’Neal’s Legend Edition appearance on NBA 2K18 marks the third NBA 2K cover appearance for the 15-time NBA All-Star and 14-time All-NBA selection. O'Neal, who played 19 NBA seasons, was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2016.

The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and Legend Edition Gold will be available in both digital and physical formats for $99.99 and $149.99, respectively, on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Xbox One. NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and Legend Edition Gold will be available in physical format on Nintendo Switch. The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold physical edition is available exclusively at GameStop.

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K18 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K18 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC platforms on September 19, 2017.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K18 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses four days early beginning on September 15, 2017.

NBA 2K18 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K18 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K18Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Nintendo Switch / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 8KB24 @ 05/09/17 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I'm glad I'm on PC which means I can likely find a steam key for something less than 60$/€ whatever currency...
I remember when 2k first came out for PC, i was so glad the price was just 30€. Now we're on par with EA/Ubisoft bull**** overpriced games...

Because we got half the features. Now that we have full featured game we should be and are priced the full retail 60 dollars.

# 82 jk31 @ 05/09/17 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Because we got half the features. Now that we have full featured game we should be and are priced the full retail 60 dollars.

Was it that way? Did we have less features on NBA 2k11 for example?

# 83 Vroman @ 05/09/17 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Was it that way? Did we have less features on NBA 2k11 for example?
Older 2k's used to have less features (mostly bunch online modes cut off) . Now we have all game modes that consoles got. Only big downside about PC version is 2k's lack of care about cheating/hacking in online modes which make it less desirable vs consoles (also it leads to having too little online people in certain regions).

# 84 Clappington @ 05/09/17 08:26 AM
I can't wrap my mind around how they want 100 or 150 for a game that will probably be broken majority of its cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 85 zyton @ 05/09/17 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
Last year I brought the $100 edition for a game I barely played. Idk if I should this year would have to see what features are added. My main feature hopefully added is carry over saves. I don't think I'll purchase if this is not added.
Carrying over saves means carrying over VC so I guess that will never be an option.

# 86 BQ32 @ 05/09/17 10:14 AM
Remember how this was once the franchise that released a great game for $20. Man, now everything is just about greed. I understand that production costs have risen and companies need to find ways to make up for that but 2k has become entirely centralized around microtransaction for a full priced. With customers shelling out for it, it has only embolden them to make everything costlier in the game. 2k for a pair of shoes, how about you need to pay to unlock almost any animation you want. How about your my player start out in the nba at like high school stat level to force you into buying vc. Then the audacity to make players play game modes they have no interest in or else be at a huge disadvantage or tying game modes together that have a distinctly different player base interest. I could deal with it if the game play was great. I was suckered into it last year when the prelude dropped. Was so frustrated with the prior game I told myself I wouldn't preorder but that 2kU freedom won me over. Fast forward a month or two and patches made the game feel exactly like 2k16 with different dribbling controls. And now with even another price increase, not this year, no matter what. Begging for some competition.

# 87 FerdBrown @ 05/09/17 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Love Shaq, but after all the problems with 17, no way in hell I'm giving 2K $99-$150 bucks for 18

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

That's the Big Question. Will you guys spend that much for 2K18?

# 88 FerdBrown @ 05/09/17 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich
better to buy a used one

Good idea.

# 89 Stealthy_Ninja @ 05/09/17 01:10 PM
Happy for Shaq, if he could be involved in just a little bit more than the commercial it'd be nice, like Kobe in the my career skit last year.

I was lucky enough last year to pick up 2k17 for $30 around Christmas season, the amount of problems this game had/has and 2k's way of going about it tells me I should keep doing that

# 90 Retropyro @ 05/09/17 04:58 PM
I'm sure the game will come and be great. Then by December it will be a mess with poorly implemented patches that break the game. If not, then maybe I'll buy it in January.

The trust is long gone.

# 91 BA2929 @ 05/09/17 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
I can't wrap my mind around how they want 100 or 150 for a game that will probably be broken majority of its cycle.
They don't want that much for the game. They want $60 for the game.

They want $100-150 for the game IN ADDITION TO a bunch of extra Shaq stuff and VC.

# 92 FerdBrown @ 05/09/17 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
They don't want that much for the game. They want $60 for the game.

They want $100-150 for the game IN ADDITION TO a bunch of extra Shaq stuff and VC.

With just $60 bucks (and lower from online preowned), the extra $40 or $90 could go higher than 100K and 250K VC.

# 93 VAWereWolf65 @ 05/10/17 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
$149.99 lmao..

It should be $59.99 $79.99 and $99.99 respectively.

2K should be ashamed of themselves!

Not spending a penny more! Standard edition for me.
For me it's not that I don't have the $150, i just don't understand why they raised the price to $150?

$100 was fine this year. Why did they raise it another 50 bucks?

They're gonna put out a crappy game and then expect us to buy another one of their games for an extra $50 more than the crappy game costed? Lmao wtf were they thinking

# 94 zrohman @ 05/10/17 03:11 PM
I bought the legend edition last year. But I'll go down to standard this year. If NBA Live comes out sooner, if it's even 75% as good I'll buy it out of principle alone. Tired of the vc money grabbing. If that wasn't enough , this is just way way too much

# 95 de_jesus @ 05/10/17 04:42 PM
Wait... you're tired of money grabbing so you're considering an EA product?

Well, that's something

# 96 Smirkin Dirk @ 05/10/17 06:10 PM
You don't have to buy the $150 edition.

# 97 xman2k @ 05/10/17 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I want to take advantage of my Amazon Prime pre-order bonus. I'm not buying this game at full price 2-week period on Amazon or not. I'm buying NBA Live 18 regardless how bad it is just to support it. It's a 90% chance I will not buy or play 2K18 because of my frustrations with 2K17. This game has to be a highly rated game across the board for me to consider. No more blindly buying this franchise. Too many mishaps with this one for me to support 2K18. I can't do it.
So you will blindly buy a franchise that has not been top rated from a company that tried to coup the NBA license and in return serve a turd than from a proven franchise that revolutionized sports game presentation from a company trying to be greedy and make extra money off its fans although it is an option.
I don't know 2k has always found a way to stick something in the game that makes it dynamic and not stale like it's competition

# 98 Macs Power @ 05/10/17 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Wait... you're tired of money grabbing so you're considering an EA product?

Well, that's something
Live 16 made their upgrading system in an old-school format

EXP points to upgrade your player and another point system to purchase accessories/clothes/tattoos etc. Neither of these could be purchased and you had to play the game in order to earn. So yeah, they weren't really going for the money grab

# 99 youvalss @ 05/10/17 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
$149.99 lmao..

It should be $59.99 $79.99 and $99.99 respectively.

2K should be ashamed of themselves!

Not spending a penny more! Standard edition for me.
I have no problem with that. I have never in my life bought anything else than the regular version (nor have I ever purchased any DLCs whatsoever). Don't blame 2K for people who are willing to pay for it. They could charge $300 if there were enough people who would pay that. Don't blame the seller...if someone out there is willing to pay more - you sell it for that price.

Again, blame the gamers. Some people just can't get a hold of themselves...and they deserve to pay that much. It's just like those people who find the game being sold online by someone a day before release for $300. They deserve to be taken advantage of.

It's not being sold for that price because 2K is doing something wrong. It is because some consumers are doing something wrong. And other people need to pay more because of them. If no one paid that price, there would be a price drop pretty fast, and next year the extra stuff will be sold for less.

# 100 FerdBrown @ 05/10/17 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I have no problem with that. I have never in my life bought anything else than the regular version (nor have I ever purchased any DLCs whatsoever). Don't blame 2K for people who are willing to pay for it. They could charge $300 if there were enough people who would pay that. Don't blame the seller...if someone out there is willing to pay more - you sell it for that price.

Again, blame the gamers. Some people just can't get a hold of themselves...and they deserve to pay that much. It's just like those people who find the game being sold online by someone a day before release for $300. They deserve to be taken advantage of.

It's not being sold for that price because 2K is doing something wrong. It is because some consumers are doing something wrong. And other people need to pay more because of them. If no one paid that price, there would be a price drop pretty fast, and next year the extra stuff will be sold for less.

Hmmm. Good point. Goes back to economics. Market demand. If there are buyers, and lots of them there are - why sell cheap? At this rate I believe 2K must have data analytics to backup increasing the price. They could "Stretch" it further like limitless range and there will be takers.

Again, just an opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.