Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 17 patch 1.06 is available now, weighing in at just over 600 MB. Check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/10/17 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I think part of the problem with the colours in the Show is we all dont perceive colors the same. some of us have photoreceptors that are sensitive to wavelengths of varying amounts of nanometers
It's quite simple though. People can complain about whatever they want. So when I say my Redsox jersey reds are off, that's my opinion and for someone to say "who cares" just needs to move along and not post.

One of the things about The Show is it's graphics are so good. So when colors are off, it bugs people. That's part of the presentation and that is huge to me.

# 142 kehlis @ 05/10/17 06:32 PM
Quote:
I think part of the problem with the colours in the Show is we all dont perceive colors the same. some of us have photoreceptors that are sensitive to wavelengths of varying amounts of nanometers
So would that different perception of colors not be the same when watching in real life? Would someone who perceives colors differently in a game also see the same thing in real life and therefore not notice a difference?

# 143 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 05/10/17 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Err, what now?
Hahaha was thinking the same thing, people on here want to sound so intelligent and offer any nonsensical reasons on why things are such lol. Stevie wonder can see there something off with the colors, washed out and dull and nothing like the real life colors.

# 144 Caulfield @ 05/10/17 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It's quite simple though. People can complain about whatever they want. So when I say my Redsox jersey reds are off, that's my opinion and for someone to say "who cares" just needs to move along and not post.

One of the things about The Show is it's graphics are so good. So when colors are off, it bugs people. That's part of the presentation and that is huge to me.
I dont even know who said "who cares", unless you were just talking in general, I missed it. I care and want the colors to be right as rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So would that different perception of colors not be the same when watching in real life? Would someone who perceives colors differently in a game also see the same thing in real life and therefore not notice a difference?
If the person doing the colors for the Show cant perceive those differences, they just think they got it right. As far as they know, they got it right. even though they didnt. And I dont think its the whole problem, but like I posted earlier, it could be part of the problem. or I could be totally wrong and whoever works the colors has perfect eyesight and theres a problem elsewhere. *shrug*

# 145 PPerfect_CJ @ 05/10/17 08:55 PM
Quote:
Lol! Come on, Caulfield. That's reaching just a bit, isn't it? If that's so, then apparently a lot of us are seeing the same shade of red, because I think most of us agree that it is off. 😂

# 146 Caulfield @ 05/10/17 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Lol! Come on, Caulfield. That's reaching just a bit, isn't it? If that's so, then apparently a lot of us are seeing the same shade of red, because I think most of us agree that it is off. ��
I dont think theres any doubt its off. And I would say whoever is working on colors for sony might need someone to double check their work for them, except I know the SDS team and budget is too small to have redundancy built in.

# 147 tessl @ 05/10/17 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Dead wrong. Enhance and customize what is already a fantastic sports game.

I speak for my own reasons I create slider sets. I never use them to fix games. Just tune what is already a game that works fine and that I already enjoy tremendously on default settings.

Lord....if I felt a game was not good....I would return it and not even waste my time. Sliders are not there to fix. They are there to tune and customize the game to your style of play.

Huge misconception about sliders.....just huge. Again I am speaking for myself.
If the patches don't fix the game people have to try with sliders.

Would you agree with me Sony should force SDS to offer a full refund for the first couple weeks after release?

# 148 PVarck31 @ 05/10/17 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

Would you agree with me Sony should force SDS to offer a full refund for the first couple weeks after release?
No game company offers refunds if you don't like the game.

Oh recourse is to not buy it day one and wait for impression and reviews.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

# 149 mbrowner8782 @ 05/10/17 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
No game company offers refunds if you don't like the game.

Oh recourse is to not buy it day one and wait for impression and reviews.

Microsoft just started doing this. If you buy a digital copy of any game via the Xbox Store, you can get a full refund within 2 weeks of your purchase if you have less than 2 hours play time on said game.

Sent using Operation Sports app

# 150 PVarck31 @ 05/10/17 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrowner8782
Microsoft just started doing this. If you buy a digital copy of any game via the Xbox Store, you can get a full refund within 2 weeks of your purchase if you have less than 2 hours play time on said game.

Wow. Didn't know that. Good on them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

# 151 TheWarmWind @ 05/11/17 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrowner8782
Veering a bit off topic here but how is that any better? 2 hours of gameplay time? So a game and a half of MLB the Show.

If you were playing Skyrim you wouldn't even make it to Whiterun. Certainly not enough time to see how riddled with bugs that game was at launch. Or know that your save file was going to be corrupted eventually no matter what you did.

Sorry, don't mean to attack you (or the Show, or Skyrim), just pointing out that this is an extremely token gesture, almost to the point that it's an insult.

# 152 mbrowner8782 @ 05/11/17 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Veering a bit off topic here but how is that any better? 2 hours of gameplay time? So a game and a half of MLB the Show.

If you were playing Skyrim you wouldn't even make it to Whiterun. Certainly not enough time to see how riddled with bugs that game was at launch. Or know that your save file was going to be corrupted eventually no matter what you did.

Sorry, don't mean to attack you (or the Show, or Skyrim), just pointing out that this is an extremely token gesture, almost to the point that it's an insult.

I think the idea behind it is if you buy a game and then decide it's not for you after playing. I'm not saying it's the best solution, but merely pointing out that there is a company that will give you a refund on a game purchase. I'm pretty sure Steam has something similar for PC, which I think is where Microsoft's new policy came from.

# 153 TomahawkChopYaHead @ 05/11/17 03:00 AM
Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -- no.

# 154 nomo17k @ 05/11/17 02:08 PM
So it looks like wild pitch issue happens at the same level of frequency as pre-v1.06 games.

I've gotten in 30 CPU vs. CPU games post-patch and WP/G is about 0.97 (0.37 is the MLB average in 2016). The relevant slider setting is Pitcher Control/Consistency 3/4.

Wild pitch issue is often confused with passed ball issue (by non-catcher subbed in), and with so many duplicate bug reports and no ability to search on the web site (exactly why I think SDS has a QA issue), I don't know which bug report is the most effective venue to communicate the issue to the developers, but this is one of them:

http://theshownation.com/topics/1277...franchise-mode

If someone has something informative to report, please try using the bug report.

# 155 Madden08PCgmr @ 05/11/17 02:55 PM
Quote:

Try your luck with a class action lawsuit.

Worked against EA. Nice, solid kick to their nards.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 156 underdog13 @ 05/11/17 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That was for a completely different set of reasons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 157 thekidisback @ 05/11/17 07:19 PM
I just hit a 507 foot home run with Cardinals Carlos Beltran in DD.

# 158 Trackball @ 05/11/17 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr

Wasn't that the one that permanently killed off any and all NCAA sports games?

(By the way, screw you, Ed O'Bannon.)

# 159 mariner690 @ 05/11/17 08:40 PM
Does anyone else have the issue of the baseball going blurry on a throw? I've played on every setting and it doesn't go away.

# 160 underdog13 @ 05/11/17 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Wasn't that the one that permanently killed off any and all NCAA sports games?

(By the way, screw you, Ed O'Bannon.)
Different one

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.