Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

While the MLB The Show 17 team continue improving server performance, today they have announced compensation for the server issues, that have been ongoing since launch.

Quote:
As a token of apology, as well as a thank you to our dedicated community for helping us identify these issues and for your patience as we’ve worked to address them, we are extending a make good to anyone who meets the criteria outlined below.

Every PSN ID which played The Show 17 between 3/28 at 12:01 am PT and May 11 at 1:00pm PT, will receive 10 Standard Packs and 11,000 Stubs automatically added to their account. Please note that the make good will be deployed into all effected users account within a week.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 ph33 @ 05/11/17 07:47 PM
10 pack and 11k stubs won't give back the time and effort when I should have won Kris Bryant in battle royale, but the game wouldn't count 5 of the wins I should have had while sitting at 10-1

# 22 rangerrick012 @ 05/11/17 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
10 pack and 11k stubs won't give back the time and effort when I should have won Kris Bryant in battle royale, but the game wouldn't count 5 of the wins I should have had while sitting at 10-1
This entitled mentality of "WAAHHH! THIS IS NOT ENOUGH!" really needs to stop. You knew the servers were bad yet still choose to play. Anything that went wrong isn't all your fault, but you took the calculated risk knowing that servers weren't up to par.

# 23 kehlis @ 05/11/17 07:53 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately they don't have the ability to give you back your time.

# 24 Gosens6 @ 05/11/17 07:57 PM
Man, those 11K stubs will come in major handy in my RTTS. Hopefully I get some good cards in the free packs to sell for more Stubbs. Awesome!

# 25 1908_Cubs @ 05/11/17 08:09 PM
Quote:
Which is a bummer. I'm sure 100 people have a story like yours. Which sucks. But as much as it sucks, and while maybe for you this doesn't recoup that, they can't do it based on the individual. 10 packs and 11,000 stubs will surely help complete a team epic. So while you missed out on diamond Bryant, there's a couple of other diamond players that will be out there that with a little grinding will be well in your reach. This is a very acceptable gesture from a company who certainly doesn't have to make sure a gesture.

# 26 dougdfc @ 05/11/17 08:11 PM
This will be the time I get a diamond player!

# 27 kehlis @ 05/11/17 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Time is money.

What they should do is give everybody a certain amount of money in their PSN account to spend as they wish.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Time is money?

How would you have made money in that time you spent playing a video game?

# 28 SmashMan @ 05/11/17 08:37 PM
Quote:
Time is money.

What they should do is give everybody a certain amount of money in their PSN account to spend as they wish.

What sense does it make for them to give PSN money to spend on other products? The PlayStation Store had no part in SDS' server issues.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 29 seasprite @ 05/11/17 08:39 PM
Quote:
Time is money.

I don't think you are using "Time is money" correctly here. Let's be honest, they aren't contractually or legally obligated to give anything. The fact that they are giving away 20$ in content speaks shows they are willing to do more than 90% of game studios to appease their customer base.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

# 30 underdog13 @ 05/11/17 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I don't think you are using "Time is money" correctly here. Let's be honest, they aren't contractually or legally obligated to give anything. The fact that they are giving away 20$ in content speaks shows they are willing to do more than 90% of game studios to appease their customer base.

90% of other games have much better servers so they don't have to make appologies.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 31 hampshirestags @ 05/11/17 08:43 PM
Recognition of an error and a token of good faith. Regardless of your story, an effort was made. Jeter cap tip. Game recognizes game.

# 32 seasprite @ 05/11/17 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
90% of other games have much better servers so they don't have to make appologies.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'm not giving them a pass for the servers, they have been awful. How many games that have had terrible servers and other major issues have given anything like this? Just saying that it's not a nothing gesture and honestly anything they would have given wouldn't be enough for many.

# 33 Juve @ 05/11/17 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
It shouldn't affect prices since they're giving away both free money and free goods. Example, if a pack of hot dogs cost $5, and you give everyone free hot dogs, hot dog prices lower to $4. Alternatively, if you give everyone free money, the $5 hot dogs increase to $6. This fiat system is held together solely on confidence anyway, so it's just as worthless as a Federal Reserve note.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Operation Sports mobile app
Makes sense. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 34 848 @ 05/11/17 08:54 PM
I am happy with 11k stubs and a 10 pack, that is very generous of them considering they weren't obligated to hand out anything at all. Fixing the servers would've probably been enough compensation for alot of folks

But I thought they could've used this opportunity to get creative, and maybe gave out a new Gold or Diamond starter mission pack to each user. That would've been a cool way to do it, giving everybody the opportunity at a nice card but you still have to earn it by playing the game. Of course these card are non-sellable so it wouldn't have affected the market in any way

Either way, I can't complain with what they are offering

# 35 BigOscar @ 05/11/17 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Time is money?

How would you have made money in that time you spent playing a video game?
Well it could very easily be argued that for most people, a baseball games lifespan is pretty much the baseball season, so maybe 6 months (obviously some people play longer, but for the vast majority it's the season). So if you pay upwards of $60, maybe even $100 for a game and it doesn't work acceptably as advertised for the first month, that's cost you money, especially if you've paid extra for additional online content for a mode with serious issues. (obviously to most people, they've been able to still find something to enjoy on the game, but people are still well within their rights to feel otherwise)

Also, people can argue that "they don't have to give you anything", but they absolutely do from a PR standpoint if they want any chance of getting a lot of people to buy their game next year, as this launch will have done them serious harm on that front. This isn't some magnanimous gesture of apology, it's an attempt to buy back some goodwill in the hope of not losing too many customers.

They've done what they feel they had to do and it's up to the individual customers to decide whether this is enough to put faith in them next year.

# 36 fredropro @ 05/11/17 09:05 PM
this is pretty cool of them doing this.....theres gonna be a ton of cards on the auction block now

# 37 kehlis @ 05/11/17 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Well it could very easily be argued that for most people, a baseball games lifespan is pretty much the baseball season, so maybe 6 months (obviously some people play longer, but for the vast majority it's the season). So if you pay upwards of $60, maybe even $100 for a game and it doesn't work acceptably as advertised for the first month, that's cost you money, especially if you've paid extra for additional online content for a mode with serious issues. (obviously to most people, they've been able to still find something to enjoy on the game, but people are still well within their rights to feel otherwise)
I get that, the game costs money to buy, very obvious to even the most novice of posters.

Again I ask though, since the complaint was Sony can't give them back their time, which was then followed by "time is money."

Instead of spending time to play a video game which you already paid for, what would you have been doing during that time instead to make money?

# 38 BigOscar @ 05/11/17 09:25 PM
Quote:
I get that, the game costs money to buy, very obvious to even the most novice of posters.

Again I ask though, since the complaint was Sony can't give them back their time, which was then followed by "time is money."

Instead of spending time to play a video game which you already paid for, what would you have been doing during that time instead to make money?
I think most adults put a value on their time, I know I do.

# 39 kehlis @ 05/11/17 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I think most adults put a value on their time, I know I do.
I live by the value of opportunity cost every day of my life so I don't disagree.

Every second of every day is very important, as it should be, to everyone.

Time however when playing a video game, does not equal money. Still would like to hear a counter to how it does.

# 40 BigOscar @ 05/11/17 09:47 PM
Quote:
I live by the value of opportunity cost every day of my life so I don't disagree.

Every second of every day is very important, as it should be, to everyone.

Time however when playing a video game, does not equal money. Still would like to hear a counter to how it does.
Well if it takes you twice as long to do something as it should on a game then that has cost you extra time that you might have used doing something else.

It's a pretty pointless argument anyway, the reality is that he is not unreasonable to suggest a partial refund for a game that hasn't worked to a reasonable standard for a significant portion of it's reasonably expected lifespan.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.