Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

While the MLB The Show 17 team continue improving server performance, today they have announced compensation for the server issues, that have been ongoing since launch.

Quote:
As a token of apology, as well as a thank you to our dedicated community for helping us identify these issues and for your patience as we’ve worked to address them, we are extending a make good to anyone who meets the criteria outlined below.

Every PSN ID which played The Show 17 between 3/28 at 12:01 am PT and May 11 at 1:00pm PT, will receive 10 Standard Packs and 11,000 Stubs automatically added to their account. Please note that the make good will be deployed into all effected users account within a week.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 ChaseB @ 05/12/17 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
So has anybody actually confirmed the fact they got 11k stubs and the packs? Idk why everybody is complaining saying it isn't enough

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I can confirm I got mine.

# 82 19 @ 05/12/17 04:51 PM
Quote:
So has anybody actually confirmed the fact they got 11k stubs and the packs? Idk why everybody is complaining saying it isn't enough

Just got mine. Probably won't be able to open them for a while, took me way too long to open the first one with everyone crashing the servers right now.

# 83 TheBigTee @ 05/12/17 04:56 PM
Quote:

I had mine around 1 PM. I opened them on my lunch break and the servers were fine at that time. Obviously not the case now.

I didn't get anything good in the packs for those interested, but good luck to the rest who haven't opened yet.

# 84 Syce @ 05/12/17 05:34 PM
Quote:

because people are just thinking of the packs and not the stubs. ever read the complainers posts? they talk about how the 10 pack isnt enough but they always forget to mention that they are getting 11k stubs with it.

# 85 King Gro23 @ 05/12/17 05:45 PM
Yea I got my 11k stubs that's pretty cool!! I'll use them for my RTTS with these new OSFM rosters dropping Sunday

# 86 smallclone @ 05/12/17 06:16 PM
The game is unplayable at the moment.

Connection lost. Servers down. Game freezing. Saves lost.

I feel a mug for buying it. What on earth is going on?

# 87 Chef Matt @ 05/12/17 06:40 PM
Notables I got from my packs Bogarts, Karros, Saunders Breakout, Billy Hamilton, 2 Lemahiues Not bad...

# 88 S2S @ 05/12/17 06:51 PM
I got my free packs & 11k stubs. I didn't get anything from the packs except for gold cleats. Used the stubs to finish a team epic collection.

# 89 Speedy @ 05/12/17 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
It's nice that we got something, no doubt. Other games wouldn't have given jack. 2k sports I'm looking straight at you.

With that being said, I just want to be cautious thinking "It's a sign they care about their product" I'm not saying they don't care, but the first month+ of this year's game and last year's game was simply unacceptable (and MLB 15 IIRC)

They released a game that was barely beta-quality, and then gave us freebies which probably isn't getting anybody something worth of value for the most of us. I'm just not going to say "Yep, you've earned my trust back! This erases it all!" with this gesture.

I've gotten a refund for a false Battle Royale loss I was given before. And their reply was "As a one-time goodwill gesture we will refund your entry". I should be grateful that I paid money for a game that works? I'm sure I'll get hammered with the "you took the risk you bought the game blah blah" comments but their "You should be grateful to us" attitude is exactly why I'm never pre-ordering again and why I just hope for people to avoid jumping on the "All is well again yippee hooray" ship.
Let's foremost look at it in each iteration. Last year had issues and they provided compensation...this year had issues and they provided compensation. I think that's good of their team to forgo possible revenue in an attempt to appease their customer base.

The fact however that this has occured for two years in a row definitely means they're not getting a pass. What used to be a MUST-BUY on release day will definitely be a wait-and-see approach for a lot of folks, myself included. I'm not buying this game on release but rather I'll wade thru the impressions thread and make sure the game is quality enough for me to justify spending $60 on it.

When next year comes around, they'll definitely feel the pinch if their server issues haven't been resolved on day #1 of release. I have zero doubt on that.

# 90 seasprite @ 05/12/17 09:06 PM
Very happy with the free packs Just got a Gold Ian Kinsler and Diamond Breakout Steve Finley

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

# 91 thekidisback @ 05/12/17 10:17 PM
I opened 5 packs so far on theshownation.com. Have only gotten some silver players and sponsorships so here's hoping my next 5 packs are better.

# 92 dplpbbp @ 05/12/17 10:58 PM
Wow, these packs were better than anything I have purchased so far. Diamond Betances, Gold Jose Ramirez and Matt Carpenter and Silver Bradley, Jr., Grandal, Holland and Stroman among others. Plus a gold bat and glove.

# 93 335TDC @ 05/13/17 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
What used to be a MUST-BUY on release day will definitely be a wait-and-see approach for a lot of folks, myself included. I'm not buying this game on release but rather I'll wade thru the impressions thread and make sure the game is quality enough for me to justify spending $60 on it.

When next year comes around, they'll definitely feel the pinch if their server issues haven't been resolved on day #1 of release. I have zero doubt on that.
Agree on the wait-and-see: I think a lot more people will do that next year.

The catch-22 is that if that DOES happen, volume will be down on their servers, so we won't really know if the issues are "fixed." I can see those holding off buying a week or so in, the servers getting slammed, and the same crap all over again...

Pulled a Tanaka, some Breakout pitcher, and 2 gold equipment in the packs. Whatever...

# 94 S2S @ 05/13/17 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplpbbp
Wow, these packs were better than anything I have purchased so far. Diamond Betances, Gold Jose Ramirez and Matt Carpenter and Silver Bradley, Jr., Grandal, Holland and Stroman among others. Plus a gold bat and glove.
Id keep the Jose Ramirez, he's nothing flashy but I had him in my lineup for a mission & I hit for the cycle with him in back to back games.

# 95 oilersfan99 @ 05/13/17 01:44 PM
People said the same thing last year. I'm not preordering and they did anyways and they will do it again because it's the only baseball game out there worth playing. Simple as that

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

# 96 848 @ 05/13/17 02:40 PM
nothing but Bronze and common players in my 10 packs

Gonna save the 11k stubs for a while and save up to get a Thor or Betances to finish one of those collections

# 97 myghty @ 05/13/17 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 848
nothing but Bronze and common players in my 10 packs

Gonna save the 11k stubs for a while and save up to get a Thor or Betances to finish one of those collections
I opened 20 packs. Only 2 gold & it was a shoe & glasses. Also got many bronze & common with a few silvers... :/

# 98 goillini03 @ 05/13/17 06:15 PM
Good stuff! I will need to open the packs, but the stubs were much appreciated!

# 99 LanteriX @ 05/14/17 02:42 PM
Pulled a Syndergaard in my free packs. Sold him and parlayed that into Greinke, Keuchel, and Lindor. I'll take it.

# 100 woz411 @ 05/15/17 11:37 PM
Where do I find my free packs? I just see the stubs, and when I click on packs it gives me prices..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.