Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

EA Sports has revealed Tom Brady as the Madden NFL 18 cover athlete. The standard edition of Madden NFL 18 will release on August 25 ($59.99), while the G.O.A.T. edition releases 3 days earlier, on August 22 ($79.99).

The team has also released their first Madden NFL 18 trailer. The end of the trailer shows a sneak peek at Story Mode. More details as they come in.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Equipment guys.. I just don't get it.

How many busted game issues need work? For a decade now. But you worry about whether an elbow pad is the right length or color?
They're not mutually exclusive. They have separate teams for both. Getting elbow pads right doesn't stop them from working on all the other stuff or "busted game issues." This comes up every year and when all we get is short clips with quick cuts there isn't much else to judge.

# 102 sva91 @ 05/12/17 07:43 PM
Quote:

How many busted game issues need work? For a decade now. But you worry about whether an elbow pad is the right length or color?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm an equipment/jersey/graphics guy. I don't touch franchise or season mode. Never have. I really don't have time besides playing quick online or offline. I don't really notice a lot of gameplay issues until I read about them on here. Gameplay changes take so much coding and trial and error...Uniform/equipment can be an easier fix that may not take he resources and time. It's based on personal preference. Never understood why it bothered people.

# 103 swaggedout @ 05/13/17 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Ugghh CGI........

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Most likely. Didn't say in game footage.

# 104 Americas Team @ 05/13/17 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZi10
Well, I know it's the first look trailer, but there is no shooters sleeve on the arm of a player who wore one for the last 15 games of 2016
It does seem like their feet are more connected to the ground and no longer slightly hoovering over the turf, I hope this is the case but need to see more.

# 105 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 05/13/17 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
As exciting as it is, I am just hoping for a "rebirth" with franchise mode.

I remember when Madden 15 released, and Richard Sherman was on the cover.Their big push was a new and improved defense. We for sure got it with a defensive overhual.

Madden 16 had Odell Beckham, and with that we saw new catch animations, and an over used aggresive catch feature installed.

Madden 17 had Gronk. I really don't know the tie to that and the features they put in the game honestly.

Madden 18 has Tom Brady. I am hoping that this means they are pushing for a revitalized franchise mode/ legacy mode. I know they have added a story mode where I am sure the idea is going to be to "Chase Greatness". However I am hoping that we see some kind of progressive change to Franchise mode.
Personally I'm hoping the featuring of Brady means they are going to completely overhaul quarterback play so that not every QB is Peyton Manning.

# 106 Americas Team @ 05/13/17 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Personally I'm hoping the featuring of Brady means they are going to completely overhaul quarterback play so that not every QB is Peyton Manning.
Along with pass blocking and pass rushing.

# 107 Sparkles @ 05/13/17 08:54 AM
Doesn't look like cloth physics are in. Brady's sleeves are still stiff and don't move like real jersey sleeves would. Really thought that frostbite would fix that. Oh well

# 108 johnnyg713 @ 05/15/17 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Doesn't look like cloth physics are in. Brady's sleeves are still stiff and don't move like real jersey sleeves would. Really thought that frostbite would fix that. Oh well
My guess is that it can. However it's about priorities. They've added stuff to pregame, weather effects, stadium details, etc. I'm sure we'll hear about even more features that have been added to madden because of the engine. However this is the first madden game being built with the frostbite engine. Give the game a couple more years... which i know is a common phrase used on these boards and we are all tired of hearing it. But where madden is now and where it was 4 years ago is nothing but a major accomplishment for the series.

# 109 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/15/17 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
I was looking at that too, and made a comment on the EA Madden Facebook page in relation to the M18 promo video, and then I decided to look up some Tom Brady highlights on YouTube, and yes, some cloth physics would be nice, but on the other hand, Tom Brady's uniform, and other player's uniforms don't really move that much, even the sleeves.

# 110 King Gro23 @ 05/15/17 08:19 PM
I'd like to see story mode confirmed. I keep seeing these threads but madden has done stuff like this before -- 11 drew Bree's game

# 111 King Gro23 @ 05/15/17 08:22 PM
https://youtu.be/Z2XtREJp-Xs

None of this was ever in the game besides Gus johnsons or whatever his name is and his terrible off que screaming lol sorry but ...

# 112 OhMrHanky @ 05/15/17 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I was looking at that too, and made a comment on the EA Madden Facebook page in relation to the M18 promo video, and then I decided to look up some Tom Brady highlights on YouTube, and yes, some cloth physics would be nice, but on the other hand, Tom Brady's uniform, and other player's uniforms don't really move that much, even the sleeves.

Yeah. I was hoping for this. Fifa jerseys are on point, imo, with frostbite. They move and sway. I think football jerseys stay tucked a bit more and with shoulder pads and whatnot, they sort of stay taught in real life. But, I'm hoping for frostbite to put some sway in the jerseys. It's just another little thing that helps make it look more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 113 49UNCFan @ 05/16/17 08:46 AM
I liked the blades of grass coming up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

# 114 49UNCFan @ 05/16/17 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Another screen of Brady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are these screens coming from?

# 115 Brooke2011 @ 05/16/17 09:59 PM
Attachment 135588
Def a difference in lighting from m17-m18

# 116 Brooke2011 @ 05/16/17 10:00 PM
Attachment 135589
Real life vs madden 18....

# 117 49UNCFan @ 05/16/17 10:01 PM
I find that hard to believe it looking like that

# 118 SolidSquid @ 05/16/17 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
I find that hard to believe it looking like that

I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Madden usually looks pretty good in still photos, they touch these up a bit for marketing purposes

# 119 MakaveliLPC @ 05/17/17 01:58 PM
Quote:

Jesus Christ thank you!!! It's the single most frustrating thing about OS.. but every year it seems to never fail, the biggest complaints are about socks, elbow pads, helmets, etc. It's like they'll give them a pass for terrible gameplay as long as a wristband is the correct length or color. I feel like I'm the only one on here who couldn't give a damn about that aspect. It's actually a running gag between me and my brother how obsessed this community is about equipment. Fix the gameplay, fix the running animations, the WR-CB animations, improve franchise, stop focusing on equipment. It drives me crazy

# 120 SolidSquid @ 05/17/17 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Jesus Christ thank you!!! It's the single most frustrating thing about OS.. but every year it seems to never fail, the biggest complaints are about socks, elbow pads, helmets, etc. It's like they'll give them a pass for terrible gameplay as long as a wristband is the correct length or color. I feel like I'm the only one on here who couldn't give a damn about that aspect. It's actually a running gag between me and my brother how obsessed this community is about equipment. Fix the gameplay, fix the running animations, the WR-CB animations, improve franchise, stop focusing on equipment. It drives me crazy
Non equipment guys, how many times do you have to be told there are two separate teams for art vs gameplay. the art guys who work on equipment/stadiums literally having nothing to do with the gameplay team. It's not like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.