Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

There was a Diamond Dynasty update today that included Sony San Diego giving every user who signed on between 3/28-5/11 10 Standard packs and 11K Stubs. In addition, there was a roster update, the release of the Nelson Cruz Breakout Program, a Mother's Day Exchange Mission for a Postseason Jose Bautista (90 overall), and the release of various other Breakout cards to help with the Eddie Matthews Player Epic and Nelson Cruz Breakout Program.

The Nelson Cruz Breakout Program has seven parts, with the final goal netting you an 85 overall Breakout Nelson Cruz. Like the other programs, the missions involve all facets of Diamond Dynasty, with the most time-consuming aspect being to hit 33 home runs with Breakout Series players in online games.

The new Bases Loaded pack (limited to 3 per person, 5,000 Stubs per pack) includes a guaranteed Mother's Day equipment item. You need 15 of those to get the Postseason Jose Bautista. I recommend just buying these 15 items individually, as right now each one costs less than buying a single pack, and you just need 15 items (they don't need to be unique) in order to get the Bautista.

In terms of the roster update, here is a list of the players that moved up and down various tiers. I will also note that Jake Arrieta dropped from a 92 to a 90, and Chris Sale jumped up from a 93 to a 95.

Moving Up

Gold: Marcell Ozuna (86), Charlie Blackmon (86), Jean Segura (85)
Silver: Andrew Benintendi (83), Justin Wilson (83), Brandon Maurer (83), Eugenio Suarez (82), Aaron Hicks (81), Adam Duvall (80), Mark Reynolds (80), Joe Biagini (80)
Bronze: Tommy Kahnle (78), Aaron Altherr (73), Ross Stripling (72), Scott Schebler (72), Wandy Peralta (71), Jorge De La Rosa (71), Jordan Montgomery (71), Ben Gamel (70), Jose Leclerc (70)

Moving Down

Silver: Ben Zobrist (83), Andrew McCutchen (83), Jonathan Villar (83)
Bronze: Francisco Rodriguez (73)

Lastly, here is a list of new cards that have come into the Marketplace as of today:

Breakout Steve Finley (91), Breakout Kendrys Morales (88), Breakout Steve Pearce (88), Breakout Yan Gomes (87), Breakout Chris Iannetta (87), Breakout Mark Reynolds (87), Veteran Justin Upton (87), Rookie Alexei Ramirez (86), Breakout Coco Crisp (86), Breakout Michael Bourn (86), Breakout Willie Stargell (85), Breakout Erick Aybar (84), Breakout Yunel Escobar (84), Veteran Eric Karros (74), Rookie Ralph Kiner (67).

Again, these Breakouts are more options to potentially use for the Nelson Cruz Breakout Program. In addition, you need 50 unique Breakout items to complete the Eddie Matthews Player Epic, so these could help with that as well.

MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 dougdfc @ 05/12/17 05:49 PM
I have the Bautista. It's nothing special unless you just want an option for power hitters with a big arm. He's in the rotation for my 4 hole hitter though.

# 2 MetsFan16 @ 05/12/17 05:50 PM
It said for the Ranked Seasons reward, people finishing in the Championship Series will receive a guaranteed Diamond, Liriano and Guaranteed Gold.

But WS players will receive Goldschidt, Liriano and a Guaranteed Gold?

So a Championship could potentially receive a 99 Trout, 99 Kershaw, Altuve, or any other cards that may be better than the 97 Goldschmidt?

That doesn't seem right

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 3 BigOscar @ 05/12/17 05:51 PM
33 homers with Breakout players in Ranked games? Jeez. All for a pretty terrible looking version of Cruz. They really could balance these better

# 4 SigmundFraud @ 05/12/17 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
It said for the Ranked Seasons reward, people finishing in the Championship Series will receive a guaranteed Diamond, Liriano and Guaranteed Gold.

But WS players will receive Goldschidt, Liriano and a Guaranteed Gold?

So a Championship could potentially receive a 99 Trout, 99 Kershaw, Altuve, or any other cards that may be better than the 97 Goldschmidt?

That doesn't seem right

Yeah I agree. Either people in World Series should get both, or people in championship series shouldn't get a diamond. It makes absolutely no sense for a championship series player to be able to make out better than a World Series player. Another example of a potentially good concept being executed nonsensically. SDS makes me wanna pound my head against a wall sometimes.

There will be people that are just going to say "everyone always has to complain about something." But when you actually make it to World Series, and then you feel like you may not even be getting the best reward; what was the point of playing? Not being greedy, it's just annoying. Highest tier deserves the best reward, and based on this that will not always be the case. I really really hope they fix this. I don't get why they have such a difficult time properly balancing rewards/challenges.

# 5 xBravesx @ 05/12/17 06:28 PM
Markets are crazy right now and I'm wondering if it has to do with the stubs being deposited into our accounts!?

New missions look good, and the cards getting bumped to Gold status deserve it.

# 6 MetsFan16 @ 05/12/17 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Yeah I agree. Either people in World Series should get both, or people in championship series shouldn't get a diamond. It makes absolutely no sense for a championship series player to be able to make out better than a World Series player. Another example of a potentially good concept being executed nonsensically. SDS makes me wanna pound my head against a wall sometimes.

There will be people that are just going to say "everyone always has to complain about something." But when you actually make it to World Series, and then you feel like you may not even be getting the best reward; what was the point of playing? Not being greedy, it's just annoying. Highest tier deserves the best reward, and based on this that will not always be the case. I really really hope they fix this. I don't get why they have such a difficult time properly balancing rewards/challenges.

Exactly. I put in so much effort and work to get to WS. Expecting to get the best possible reward the Goldy card. Now if I gave up on WS and sat in CS, I could still get a diamond card! Even possibly better than the Goldy card

# 7 BigOscar @ 05/12/17 06:55 PM
They tweeted that the Champonship series only gets you a "low diamond", so obviously Goldy is better

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.