Users Online Now: 2859  |  April 19, 2024
Gcooksey33's Dynasty Blog
Cavs Turn it up a notch vs the Heat in 108-71 win 
Posted on October 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM.
Cleveland OH,

If tonight was any indication of what to expect this season from the Cavs look out Cavs fans it will be a joyous June for you. The Cavs were on fire in every aspect of the game in their 108-71 home opener win over the Miami Heat.

The Cavs run the heat out of the gym firing away and connecting at a very high percentage from the three point line and when the did not do that the ran and passed their way to easy transition buckets frustrating the Heat defensively. They also played sweltering defense not making a lot of mistakes.

"This is the way we're supposed to play and the way I expect to see us play on a nightly basis". said Cavaliers head coach David Blatt "We dominated on offense not truing the ball over at an alarming rate and created all kinds of scoring opportunities for ourselves. If we do this all the time we will be in great shape".

Kyrie Irving had another break out game for himself scoring 16 points with 6 assists and grabbing 9 rebounds. "I really came into my zone tonight. I may not have scored a lot of points but I didn't need to do that. I have confidence in my teammates and I know if I get them involved they will have me covered".

Irving's performance also drew rave reviews from LeBron James. "I can't say enough about how Kyrie played tonight. He was our floor general and really made some great contributions and gave us a chance to succeed and that's all I can ask of him".

This was a great team win in general for the Cavs how good were they? They were 70% from 3 point range and shot the same percentage from the floor overall. They also scored 16 points in transition compared to only 2 for Miami. The biggiest contribution came from the bench as they mustered 31 points off the bench."That's huge for us. When we score like that off the bench you're simply not going to beat us". Blatt said commenting on the bench scoring.

Other contributions came from J.R. Smith 17 points, Kevin Love 14, LeBron James 20, Richard Jefferson 11, and Timofey Mozgov 10. It was what championship teams need and that's what the Cavs got tonight.

The Cavs now stand at 2-1 on the year tied with the Milwaukee Bucks for 1st place in the Central Division. All in all a good start to the new campaign. The next week will see the Cavs travel to Philly to take on the 76'ers before hosting the Knicks and 76'ers and ending the week with a Sunday afternoon contest vs the Indiana Pacers at home.

More early Injuries

The Cavs early season injury bug continues as it would seem they have lost Anderson Varejeo for 4-6 weeks with s shoulder injury.
Comments
This entry has not received any comments yet. You could be the first to leave one.

Gcooksey33
Gcooksey33's Screenshots (0)

Gcooksey33 does not have any albums to display.
Gcooksey33's Friends
Gcooksey33 has not made any friends yet.
Become Gcooksey33's first friend.

Recent Visitors
The last 10 visitor(s) to this Arena were:

Gcooksey33's Arena has had 16,461 visits