Users Online Now: 2640  |  April 19, 2024
OBinKC's Dynasty Blog
FOUND A NEW CHALLENGE 
Posted on November 16, 2017 at 03:52 PM.
When I last left you in my latest dynasty, I had taken a head coaching position at Illinois. What I hadn’t expected was that I went 13-1 including a Rose Bowl win with relative ease. I had figured out how to win most games even with the Fatigue off. So it was time for change #4001. I needed even more difficulty. So I set my sliders to the OS community set (actually the ones before the latest updated set), and I think I found what I’m looking for. I remember getting blown out by Oregon using this setup in a Bowl game, and I was beaten unmercifully. It looks to be the answer now as well.

Continuing my dynasty, I played a game with Fatigue OFF and OS Community Sliders latest version, a 91 ranked Illinois team against mid-80s Old Dominion. It was a challenge, but my team had too much talent for Old Diminion to handle and I won 35-13. I knew that the OS Community set changed this year from a tougher setting, so I went back to version 1/17/2016 but kept threshold at 20. I went up against a 99 rated Michigan team and I finally found my match. I couldn’t score a touchdown for most of the game. Their defense was too strong for my formerly unstoppable running game, true to their ratings. And my quarterback wasn’t a good pocket passer, true to his ratings, so I couldn’t just pass my way out of this. I lost the game 17-10. I was only playing 5 minute quarters, so I’m not concerned about the stats being true to life. If I do want realistic numbers, I know I can always make my games longer. But I couldn’t ask for any more of a good challenge.

Dare I say, it’s starting to make me think I’d like to go back to dynasty reporting. I’m starting a new dynasty with Texas State, so we’ll see how things go.
Comments
This entry has not received any comments yet. You could be the first to leave one.

OBinKC
OBinKC's Screenshots (0)

OBinKC does not have any albums to display.
OBinKC's Friends
Recent Visitors
The last 10 visitor(s) to this Arena were:

OBinKC's Arena has had 47,142 visits