Home
Feature Dynasties
The dynasties we recommend...
- Braves May 1st Update. by bkrich83 (4)
- May 1st Standings and League Leaders by bkrich83 (6)
- 2012/13 Eastern Conference Semi Finals Recap - East Finals Preview by cgalligan (7)
- Draft Results by wolvesjr34 (4)
- General Manager's Assessment Allstar Break by wolvesjr34 (2)
- 2012/13 Western Conference Semi Finals Recap - West Finals Preview by cgalligan (7)
- Monday, April 4, 2011 by rbowlden (1)
- Sunday, April 3, 2011 by rbowlden (0)
- RTTS 2014 Regular Season Update 1 by crbuke (1)
- Chicago Cubs (fantasy draft) by Pete_Dogg_18 (5)
See all the latest Dynasty Comments in one location.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
12:23 PM - November 21, 2010. Written by bkrich83

Intra-league play is here, and the Angels opened it up by travelling up the 5 freeway to take on the Dodgers at Dodger stadium.

Joel Pineiro pitched 7 strong innings and Torii Hunter hit a home run and knocked in 3 runs as the Angels opened the series by defeating the Dodgers 5-3. The loss snapped a 6 game win streak for the host Dodgers.

The win was number 6 for Pineiro who improved his record to 6-2. The loss dropped Chad Billingsley to 5-4. Brian Fuentes picked up save number 14.

Angels at Dodgers - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, Ca.
Jul 11, 2010123456789RHE
Los Angeles (37-27)100103000550
Los Angeles (43-18)000020100352
Player of the Game: T.Hunter 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R
W: J.Pineiro (6-2) L: C.Billingsley (5-4) S: B.Fuentes (14)
Los Angeles Angels
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
E.Aybar, SS411001.247
B.Abreu, RF310012.151
T.Hunter, CF422301.349
H.Matsui, LF311110.346
K.Morales, 1B400000.350
M.Napoli, C400001.290
A.Callaspo, 2B300002.242
R.Quinlan, 3B301001.219
J.Pineiro, P300001.000
BATTING:
HR: T.Hunter (11), H.Matsui (19)
RBI: T.Hunter 3 (34), H.Matsui (44)
GIDP: J.Pineiro, K.Morales
BASERUNNING:
SB: T.Hunter (5)
Los Angeles Dodgers
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
R.Furcal, SS400001.270
R.Martin, C401000.257
M.Ramirez, LF400001.327
A.Ethier, RF311001.330
M.Kemp, CF422100.280
J.Loney, 1B300101.336
C.Blake, 3B301101.250
R.Belliard, 2B200010.254
C.Billingsley, P200000.125
BATTING:
2B: C.Blake (13)
3B: A.Ethier (1)
RBI: M.Kemp (35), J.Loney (46), C.Blake (26)
HBP: A.Ethier
SF: J.Loney
BASERUNNING:
SB: M.Kemp 2 (15)
CS: R.Martin (2)
FIELDING:
E: R.Furcal (9), R.Martin (3)
Los Angeles Angels
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
J.Pineiro (W, 6-2)7.0533153.76
F.Rodney1.1000003.95
B.Fuentes (S, 14)0.2000001.47
PITCHING:
WP: J.Pineiro 2 (3)
Los Angeles Dodgers
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
C.Billingsley (L, 5-4)5.0455173.55
C.Wade1.0000102.23
R.Bellisario2.0100011.36
J.Miller1.0000021.13
PITCHING:
WP: C.Billingsley (1)

Angels Take Dodgers 5-3 from Brian Krich on Vimeo.

AL West Standings - Updated: Jun 13, 2010
AL WESTWLPCTGBHOMEROADRSRA
Seattle3823.623--22-1016-13294257
Los Angeles (A)3727.5782.520-917-18318263
Texas3328.5415.017-1716-11290264
Oakland1944.30220.014-205-24203321
Dynasty: bkrich83
Saturday, November 20, 2010
12:15 PM - November 20, 2010. Written by JPCaveman13
Polls, Predictions, and Projections

Associated Press - The Preseason Polls have been released for the upcoming NCAA season. Where does your team rank within the Top 25? Some fans may be overjoyed while some may feel snubbed at the initial rankings.

So here are the initial rankings:

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Aug 6, 2010
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
1--Texas (32)00
2--Oregon (22)00
3--Boise State (5)00
4--Virginia Tech (1)00
5--TCU (1)00
6--Nebraska00
7--Iowa00
8--Wisconsin00
9--Georgia Tech00
10--Miami00
11--Oklahoma00
12--Pittsburgh00
13--LSU00
14--Penn State00
15--Oregon State00
16--Arkansas00
17--Florida State00
18--North Carolina00
19--Utah00
20--Cincinnati00
21--Houston00
22--Georgia00
23--Auburn00
24--Oklahoma State00
25--BYU00

Texas takes home the top spot, followed closely by Oregon. Boise State, Virginia Tech, and TCU round out the top five. Waiting right behind them are Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, and Miami.

All of these teams have the capabilities to remain in the top-10 or top-15 all season. Depending on how things may play out over the course of the season, there is a possibility of having at least four undefeated teams at season's end from this group of teams.

In the best-of-the-rest ranked teams category: Oklahoma, LSU, Penn State, Oregon State, and Arkansas have a fortuitous chance to climb the ranks if games fall their way. In this middle tier of ranked teams, key wins along with a crucial loss in a team above and they are in a good position to control their destiny.

As usual, the talk of the BCS-buster role goes to Boise State, TCU, and Utah. Boise State and TCU have a shared opponent in Oregon State, and Oregon State has plenty of weapons on both sides of the ball to thwart any chance of these two schools busting into the BCS. Other critical match-ups for these two schools include an opening-week game, where Boise State traveling to Virginia Tech, and a mid-season match-up between TCU and Utah. A loss in any one of those games would spell disaster for the hopes of a BCS berth.

Just like the talk of BCS-busters, dark horses lurk in the shadows. Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Stanford, Cal, Oregon State, Miami, Florida State, and Pittsburgh could burst into the limelight with some key wins over conference opponents. Outside of the BCS conferences, only Notre Dame and Houston can really push their way into the outer spotlight.

Key Season Games

Opening Week features two great games that can have postseason implications:

-Boise State at Virginia Tech

A loss for Boise State and making it into the BCS will become an afterthought unless there are no other one- or two-loss teams (or a luck chance they are clinging to a spot in the top-16 and a conference champion is ranked lower). A win for Boise State and they can gain some points for a quality opponent. This game can either be a close and well-played game or a laugher, depending on which Virginia Tech team shows up.

Prediction: Boise State by less than seven

-Oregon State at TCU

Like the other marquee match-up, a loss for TCU spells disaster while a win gives them a quality win as well. Oregon State has their hands full with the TCU offense and it is just the same the other way around. This game could come down to who can play the better defense as both offenses, when hot, are capable of anything.

Prediction: TCU in overtime

Week Three provides a Texas shootout when Texas travels to Lubbock to face Texas Tech. While this game may have lost a little luster with a coaching change, a loss for either school and a Big 12 South title is in jeopardy.

Prediction: Texas humbles Texas Tech

Week Four doesn't get any easier as Boise State returns for another spotlight game against Oregon State. At least this game is being played on the Blue Turf where Boise State has not lost in nearly a decade. With a Bronco win, Boise State would now have two quality wins over BCS schools.

Prediction: Boise State + Smurf Turf = two TD win

Week Five offers two Big 10 showdowns between the potential top-four teams in the conference. Down the road, two of these teams meet and depending on how the games go, there could be a four-way tie atop the conference. The other "can't miss" game this week is the Red River Rivalry.

-Texas vs Oklahoma at Dallas

This neutral-site game will be wild and crazy as these bitter rivals face off in a de-facto Big 12 South title match with the winner controlling their destiny to the Big 12 Championship and a possible slot in the National Championship. Both teams are rebounding after key losses from last year's team and are going to be looking to establish an identity for the remainder of the season.

Prediction: A good old fashioned slobber-knocker decided in the final minute. Whoever makes key plays at the end wins.

-Wisconsin at Michigan State

Both schools have established veterans on both sides of the ball and both teams look to run downhill. Wisconsin has looked susceptible in the passing game before and Michigan State has the better QB.

Prediction: Michigan State in a low-scoring affair

-Penn State at Iowa

This is another match-up of grind it out teams that will inevitably be decided on the better passing team. Iowa does have the advantage of the pink locker room and a better passer.

Prediction: Iowa by two TDs

Week Six has a prime SEC West match-up between Arkansas at Auburn. It will be a passing vs spread option showdown for an inside track to the SEC West title with a later date with LSU pending.

Prediction: Expect a barn-burner with Auburn having the edge at home.

Week Seven provides a potential preview of the Big 12 Championship Game, and a rematch of last year's game, when Texas travels to Nebraska. Nebraska has less riding on this game as far as the Big 12 North standings go, but if they get through the schedule unscathed, the Big 12 Championship Game could be a launching pad for the National Championship.

Prediction: Texas narrowly takes the game in Lincoln, setting up the same scenario as last year.

Week Eight is the first SEC West date with LSU as Auburn hosts this match-up. If Auburn defeats Arkansas and then LSU, they can lay claim to the SEC West, controlling their own destiny. However, with a LSU win, the LSU-Arkansas game weighs into the SEC West race and there's the potential for a three-way tie atop the division.

Prediction: Auburn controls LSU and their destiny.

Week Ten provides another great non-BCS game with potential BCS implications. TCU travels to Utah to meet in a de-facto Mountain West title game. Provided both schools are undefeated at this point, the winner of the game has a good chance of remaining that way.

Prediction: TCU storms into Utah on a roll and leaves with another big victory.

Week Thirteen brings us close to the end of the season and a loss here will damage any team's shot at a BCS bowl berth.

-Boise State at Nevada

Boise State has the final hurdle in Nevada to another undefeated season. Nevada and their pistol offense is one of the most dynamic offenses in the nation. However, their defense is not at the same level as the offense. Boise State is as well-rounded as a team can get, but they have to avoid this potential "trap" game.

Prediction: Nevada and the pistol fire blanks as Boise State walks away with the win.

-Michigan State at Penn State

This game could mean nothing at this point of the season or it can have implications on who goes to the Rose Bowl. Depending on the outcome of the games in week five, the winner can stake a partial claim in the Big 10 title or rain on the other's parade. This game will look like most any upper-level Big 10 game with downhill running, short-to-intermediate passing, and tough defense.

Prediction: All is not well in Happy Valley as Michigan State comes out with the win, staking a claim to the Big 10 title.

-LSU at Arkansas

Another game that could have little SEC West bearing or become the showdown for the SEC West crown. If both LSU and Arkansas have defeated Auburn, the winner heads to the SEC Championship Game. If they split the games, the winner could create a tie atop the division. If they both have lost to Auburn, well, pride is on the line.

Prediction: Arkansas's passing offense is no match for LSU's pass defense as Arkansas takes the win.

Week Fourteen may hold a gem if Utah has pulled off a win over TCU and Notre Dame. BYU would be the last hurdle for Utah to manage.

Prediction: Utah has already lost to TCU and Notre Dame so they play for pride in this bitter rivalry...and lose.

Championship Week brings three great games in the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. Any one of these games could also hold the key to the National Championship.

-Big 12 CG - Texas vs Nebraska

This rematch will have a similar ending as Texas defeats Nebraska again.

-ACC - Virginia Tech vs Florida State

Florida State, in an upstart year, surprise Virginia Tech to take home the ACC title.

-SEC - Auburn vs South Carolina

South Carolina, taking the SEC East in surprise fashion, use the momentum to carry them into the SECCG. However, they fall short of the title and Auburn takes it home.

Provided this style scenario plays out, the BCS bowls will be quite interesting. Boise and TCU, undefeated, would have have an automatic bid since they will most likely outrank the SEC, Big East, Big 10, and ACC champions. The Rose Bowl would lose their Pac-10 tie-in and the Fiesta Bowl will lose their Big 12 tie-in as each will play in the National Championship.

-Rose Bowl - Michigan State (Big 10 Champ) vs Boise State (Auto-bid non-AQ)

Boise State gets this BCS bowl as the new non-BCS rules kick in. However, they will once again show that they belong on the national stage by defeating Iowa handily.

-Sugar Bowl - Auburn (SEC Champ) vs Nebraska (At-large)

Auburn and Nebraska will battle it out with the game coming down to the wire. However makes key plays at the end wins.

-Fiesta Bowl - TCU (At-large) vs Iowa (At-large)

Iowa will come out to control the clock and the tempo of the game with their rushing attack. However, TCU's dynamic offense will eventually wear down Iowa's defense, giving TCU the win as they pull away late.

-National Championship Game - Texas (BCS #1) vs Oregon (BCS #2)

Oregon will have quietly gone undefeated out west and under the radar of the Big 12 and SEC. With their high-octane style of play, they will take it to Texas in the NCG.

While predictions are fun, there is a reason the games are played. Boise State and Utah have showed us that on a national stage. Each week this season will have drama and possibly some potential big upsets.
Dynasty: JPCaveman13
07:19 AM - November 20, 2010. Written by Barbatrucco
Los Angeles Lakers 2K11! El Segundo is on fire, the Barbatrucco has re-signed a multiyear contract with the Lakers!

The offices of El Segundo are always the same, Los Angeles is always the same, Venice Beach is always the same, Staples is always the same: what has changed is the universe around, the universe of NBA 2k11: stuff for tough people. The Barbatrucco's philosophy, however, remains unchanged: social-democracy substitutions, enhancement of the bench, shot who is open and Triple Post Offense. And in a team, I don't want duplication players. I've got very clear ideas for my bench (Blake, Brown, Odom/Walton, Powell, Mbenga, Morrison), Vujacic and Barnes I don't need. I do a flash easy negotiation with the Hawks, sending Theo Ratliff to Atlanta in exchange of Josh Powell's return, then I dedicate myself to the Serbian and Barnes. I have to think about the future, I think that "Lamarvellous" has 2-year contract and will not be renewed in summer 2K13, I need a young promising but still in the shadow. I had already identified it in NBA 2k9, but now I can do my own, exchanging him for Matt Barnes: this is Earl Clark, 3-4, 22 year old from Phoenix Suns. The next two years learning from Odom will make it ready for future replacement. Vujacic is therefore to place, and here again I look to the future. I send him to Cleveland and in addition put on the truck the first Lakers choice in the next Draft: in exchange for Vujacic choice, I get the 2K13 first round Draft pick of the Cavaliers. Now I drive a starting five ("Fish", Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bynum) and a solid bench (Blake, Walton, Brown, Odom, Clark, Powell, Mbenga, Morrison). The goal? Always the same, win the last game of the season. Which means only a thing
Dynasty: Barbatrucco
Friday, November 19, 2010
05:49 PM - November 19, 2010. Written by JPCaveman13
I felt like writing about this dynasty as it seems to intrigue me a little more than the usual dynasties I've done. In this one, I imported ten of my created teams to replace some of the top teams I generally schedule to knock them down some. So if you happen to be a fan of these teams who've been eliminated, take no offense. This is just something I tried to do differently and hold appeal. As the updates unfold, I'll cover each of the twelve teams mostly in-depth and a national overview, possibly highlighting a great game, rivalry, or major upset.

Teams in:

Caddo Panthers
Shreveport, LA
Purple, gold, black, white
Power running; physical 4-3
SEC (West)

Grand Valley Icehawks
Grand Rapids, MI
Blue, black, silver
Slightly favors passing; quick, aggresive 3-4
ACC (Coastal)

Horizon State Rattlers
Wichita Falls, TX
Copper, teal, black
Balanced single-back attack; balanced 4-3
Big 12 (South)

Independence Mustangs
Cheyenne, WY
Black, purple, silver
Heavy passing attack; fast, undersized 3-4
Pac-10

Mychra Jaguars
West Grove, PA
Black, orange
Downhill rushing attack, physical passing game; physical 3-4
ACC (Atlantic)

New Holland Dragons
Greenfield, IN
Forest green, gold
Balanced offense; balanced, physical 4-3
Big 12 (North)

Northern Alaska Drillers
Fairbanks, AK
Lt blue, black, gray
Run-and-shoot offense; physical 4-3
Mountain West

Ottawa College Huskies
Ottawa, ON
Maroon, white, black
Balanced single back; balanced 4-3
SEC (East)

Pipeline Islanders
North Shore, HI
Blue, gray
Pass-heavy; 3-4 with oversized DL and fast undersized back 8
WAC

Wileyville Thunderbirds
Muskegon, MI
Blue, black
Balanced attack, slightly skewed toward passing; aggressive 3-4
Big East

Teams out and shifts:
Alabama (out); Florida (out); Idaho (C-USA West); Maryland (MAC East); Mizzou (Big 10); Tulane (out)); Baylor (C-USA West) Louisville (Big 10); USC (out); WVU (out); Kentucky (Big East); Michigan (out); Ohio State (out); Tulsa (C-USA East); and some other small moves (I don't remember them all as I forgot to write down every move)

Basic Settings and Rules:
Heisman difficulty with personal sliders to even out play
Fifteen minute quarters
Play to try and produce legit stats and scores (I can't help all of the stats and scores but I will do my best).

Controlled teams:
Arizona, Caddo, Grand Valley, Horizon State, Independence, Indiana, Mychra, New Holland, Northern Alaska, Ottawa College, Pipeline, Wileyville

Without further ado...
Football is Back

The 2010 season of college football is set to kickoff in a couple of weeks. This year, we welcome twelve new coaches to the FBS ranks. Some are making their head coaching debuts while others have made a new for themselves at the lower levels. Coaches making their FBS debut are:

Luke Winters - Arizona - Winters, 36, takes over a team who went 8-4 in the regular season and losing its bowl game in blowout fashion. Winters rose through the coaching ranks at his alma mater Trinity College, a D-III school, becoming the Head Coach six years ago. Winters amassed a 44-28 record (3-2 in the playoffs), going 10-2 in his final season and ending with a berth in the semifinals.

Kyle Mourneaux - Caddo - Mourneaux, 41, takes over at Caddo after serving as the Offensive Coordinator for the last six years under Jerry Whitfield, who retired after last season's 3-9(1-7) debacle. Mourneaux is making his head coaching debut when the season kicks off.

Wyatt McMahon - Grand Valley - McMahon, 48, takes over a struggling Icehawk team who finished a dismal 2-10(0-8), losing all ten games by less than nine points - four by a field goal or less. McMahon served as the team's Defensive Coordinator for five years before moving on to become the Head Coach at neighboring Ferris State. McMahon was able to turn the program around during his five-year tenure, 2-10 his first year to consecutive 8-4 records and a playoff berth.

Buck Wylde - Horizon State - Wylde, 50, takes over after serving as the team's Defensive Coordinator for eight of the past ten seasons, five in this past stint. After his first stint as the DC, Wylde left to become the Head Coach at Arcadia College. Wylde returned to HSU after three seasons, going 18-18.

John Holliday - Independence - Holliday, 39, takes over at Independence after a disappointing 5-7 season. Holliday previously served as the Offensive Coordinator at Pipeline for the last four years. This will be Holliday's debut as a Head Coach.

Levi Turner - Indiana - Turner, 34, takes over a struggling Indiana program, going 4-8(1-7) last season, marred with a late season collapse. Turner comes to IU after three seasons as the Head Coach at University of Indianapolis, where he complied a 20-16 record.

Mike Chandler - Mychra - Chandler, 39, inherits the Jaguars after a 6-6(2-6) season, just missing out on a bowl berth. Chandler served as the Jaguars Offensive Coordinator for the last four years. This will be Chandler's Head Coaching debut.

Red Payne Sr. - New Holland - Payne, 78, returns to coaching after a ten-year coaching retirement to take over the Dragons after going 5-7(2-6) last season. Payne has compiled a lifetime record of 198-148 (26-12 in the playoffs, including two National Championships) in his thirty-eight years as a head coach at the D-II and D-III levels.

Keith Crosby - Ottawa College - Crosby, 45, takes over a struggling program that went 2-10(0-8) last season. Crosby left Alberta in Canada to become the Head Coach at Ottawa. Crosby is well-established within Canada but will make his American football coaching debut.

Laika'a Manumala - Pipeline - Manumala, 38, takes over at Pipeline after serving as the Offensive and Defensive Line Coach for the past four years. Manumala previously coached at Hawaii-Hilo, going 38-22 in his five years as Head Coach, before coming to Pipeline.

Dale Jay - Wileyville - Jay, 55, takes over a program in flux, finishing last season 6-6(1-6), just missing a bowl game. Jay has compiled a lifetime record of 148-92 (18-12 in the playoffs with one national championship) in his twenty years as a Head Coach at the D-II level.

Stay with us as we follow these "rookie" FBS coaches to see if they have success at college's top level.
Dynasty: JPCaveman13
01:34 AM - November 19, 2010. Written by sixzero

THE E P I C in MIAMI
MiaMi Dolphins (5-3) vs. San Diego Chargers (8-0)

On November 19, 2010, the San Diego Chargers and Miami Dolphins are to meet in their 1st match-up in the regular season, at Dolphins Stadium in Miami, Florida. With the calendar inching closer to their confrontation, the coaches of the Dolphins acknowledged concern.

Dolphins coach Don Shula wondered if his team could stop San Diego's prolific offense, which had broken a slew of single-season records, Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers is set to break records this year in passes, completions and passing yards, while their running backs are earning recognition. Additionally, three different receivers are expected to finish with at least a thousand yards, and Chargers tight end Antonio Gates is the best tight end in the league.

"We have to make them earn it and make big plays on their own," Shula was quoted stressing in a piece by the St. Petersburg Times. "Rivers has that great rhythm, taking five steps back and then reading the defense and throwing the ball. What we have to do is destroy that rhythm, get a hand in his face, put some pressure on him."

Dolphin coaches were right in their worries. The Dolphins' were in fact unable to disrupt the rhythm of their previous two opponents, division rivals Buffalo Bills and the New York Jets. "We cannot afford to allow history to repeat itself" Shula said. "In 1995 they took a one point lead with 1 minute left and we end up missing a game winning field goal. We need to execute". (Video included in my arena)

By the end of this game, you can expect: both quarterbacks to break previous records, a high scoring affair, and one of the greatest regular season games of all time.

A classic that will later be remembered as the "E P I C in Miami".
Attached Images

Dynasty: sixzero
Sunday, November 14, 2010
08:21 PM - November 14, 2010. Written by sixzero

OLD TIMERS LEAGUE
Week 7
Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills

Was it McKelvin, or Dolphins offense frustrating Brandon Marshall?
by: II siXZero II November 15th, 2010 | 10:38 am

Right after the Miami Dolphins broke the huddle and got into their offensive formation Leodis McKelvin would look Brandon Marshall right in the eye and tell him the exact route he was running.

McKelvin, Buffalo’s starting cornerback, admitted he wasn’t right all the time, but he guessed he was on the mark about 80 percent of the Dolphins’ offensive snaps.

“You shouldn’t be able to do that, but I’ve watched every single game Miami’s played this year and the formation doesn’t lie. Formations tell a lot,” McKelvin said. “He didn’t like that. Much respect.

“Whenever you can stop an elite receiver that gives you a chance to win.”

McKelvin, who often defended Marshall one-on-one without safety help over the top during Sunday’s 35-7 loss to the Bills, said he could tell based on Marshall’s mannerisms, and facial expressions that he was fuming inside.

“He was clapping his hands a lot. Our whole game plan was to not let their best player beat us,” said McKelvin, who picked off one of the four passes intended for Marshall when Tom Brady's passes was a little high and outside Marshall’s catch zone. “We gave ourselves a chance to win. We had them on the ropes. We just didn’t put them away.”

McKelvin admits he was surprised the Dolphins didn’t lean on Marshall more than they did, especially in the red zone when Brady threw a fade to Brian Hartline instead of Marshall. The Bills singled up Marshall in the redzone, practically daring Brady to throw his way.

“You got to go talk to Sparano and the offensive coordinator about that,” McKelvin said of the team’s approach with Marshall. “I don’t think we doubled him the whole day. That’s something I looked forward to.”

Marshall, who caught three passes for 35 yards, opted against talking to the media after Sunday’s win, which featured Marshall drawing a delay of game penalty for throwing a pass to the sideline after making a 16-yard reception that put the Dolphins in scoring territory.

Deuces.
Attached Images

Dynasty: sixzero
Thursday, November 11, 2010
06:50 PM - November 11, 2010. Written by Reaman

Carlos Beltran with a nice catch on the track!

David, your swing is always Wright!

The Yankees were THAT close to tying the game!

Carl could not believe that he was called out, and the amazing winning streak is now over!

Late-inning rally takes life out of Yankees, who lose to the Mets.

New York was beaten by the Mets yesterday, losing a tight 6-5 interleague contest with a crowd of 41,800 fans on hand at CITI FIELD.

He only had 1 official at-bat -- and he banged out a hit -- but Lance Berkman drove in 1 run for the Yankees.

It was a "quality start" for Phil Hughes, who allowed 3 runs in 6 innings, but it was also a no-decision for him, as he was long gone when the game was decided.

Reliever Joba Chamberlain took the loss, getting lit up for 3 runs in two thirds of an inning in relief of starter Phil Hughes.

The Yankees, behind their ace C.C. Sabathia (5-2, 4.18), begin a new series in Minnesota Tomorrow night. The Twins give the starting nod to Francisco Liriano (3-0, 6.41).

The Yankees acquired C Bengie Molina from the Giants for SP Tim Redding, SP Jeremy Bleich and SP Jason Hirsh.

Yankees at Mets - CITI FIELD
May 23, 2010123456789RHE
New York (26-18)000120101590
New York (23-22)00100050X6140
Player of the Game: David Wright - AB: 4 R: 1 H: 2 RBI: 2
W: Manny Acosta (3-0) L: Joba Chamberlain (2-2) S: Sean Green (1)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSNYYNYM
3rdWright lined to left for a single. Nieve scores. Reyes advances to 2nd.01
4thTeixeira grounded to right for a single. Rodriguez scores.11
5thJeter stole 2nd. Granderson scored.21
5thSwisher chopped to the pitcher for a single. Jeter scores.31
7thSwisher lined to left for a single. Jeter scores.41
7thBarajas doubled to right. Francoeur scores.42
7thReyes doubled to right. Barajas scores.43
7thWright grounded to center for a single. Reyes scores.44
7thTatis grounded to center for a single. Wright scores. Beltran advances to 2nd.45
7thDavis lined to right for a single. Beltran scores. Tatis advances to 2nd.46
9thBerkman lined to center for a single. Golson scores.56
New York Yankees
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Crawford, LF4000000.331
Swisher, RF4022010.265
Cano, 2B4010020.211
Rodriguez, 3B2100010.273
Teixeira, 1B4021010.311
Posada, C4010010.232
Golson, PR0100000.222
Granderson, CF4110000.315
Hughes, P2000020.000
Chamberlain, P0000000.000
Wood, P0000000.000
Berkman, PH1011000.291
Pena, PR0000000.300
Jeter, SS3210120.253
TEAM TOTALS325941100
BATTING:
2B: M. Teixeira (8), R. Cano (8)
RBI: M. Teixeira (30), L. Berkman (20), N. Swisher 2 (34)
HBP: A. Rodriguez 1
SAC: P. Hughes, C. Crawford
BASERUNNING:
SB: D. Jeter (20), R. Pena (3)
CS: R. Cano (8), N. Swisher (6)
New York Mets
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Reyes, SS5131020.267
Wright, 3B4122000.301
Beltran, CF4110010.338
Bay, LF4000000.304
Tatis, 2B4021000.286
Davis, 1B4021000.250
Francoeur, RF4120010.277
Feliciano, P0000000.000
Rodriguez, P0000000.000
Green, P0000000.000
Barajas, C4111000.169
Nieve, P1110000.125
Castillo, PH1000000.297
Escobar, P0000000.000
Acosta, P0000000.000
Catalanotto, PH1000010.304
Matthews Jr, RF1000010.156
TEAM TOTALS376146060
BATTING:
2B: R. Barajas (3), J. Reyes (8)
RBI: D. Wright 2 (32), R. Barajas (7), F. Tati (11), I. Davis (21), J. Reyes (11)
New York Yankees
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
P. Hughes6.09330203.05
J. Chamberlain (L, 2-2)0.25330103.38
K. Wood1.10000301.42
TEAM TOTALS8.01466060
PITCHING:
WP: P. Hughes (1)
New York Mets
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
F. Nieve5.06330404.35
K. Escobar1.21111202.93
M. Acosta (W, 3-0)0.10000003.71
P. Feliciano (H, 4)1.00000304.29
F. Rodriguez (H, 3)0.12110004.05
S. Green (S, 1)0.20000102.41
TEAM TOTALS9.09551100
PITCHING:
WP: S. Green (1), K. Escobar (1)
Dynasty: Reaman
09:13 AM - November 11, 2010. Written by MasudaElTerrible
Hey guys, i'm pretty new to this, but i'll be starting up a MLb 2k10 Oakland Athletics Franchise Blog pretty soon and just wanted to put the word out. It'll be my first blog but i'm really excited and can't wait to get started.

Blog Specs:
So the way i'm going to do this is pretty simple i think. I'm going to post in 10 game brackets with key game information for each game. I'll also have around the league notes, minor league notes, as wells as "GM Thoughts" which gives updates on my current feelings on the league and focused closely on my organization. I'm going to try to make it as visually appealing as possible so you guys actually want to check this thing out. Oh and i'll also post in between Franchise updates on just around IRL baseball topics. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Keep the A's in Oakland!
Dynasty: MasudaElTerrible
01:33 AM - November 11, 2010. Written by Reaman

French dressing!

Plenty of action at home plate, ,as it seems that a collision is on its way!

It's like Carl knew exactly where the camera would be! As he slides in safe, and shows off his shades!

Roy "Whiff Master" Oswalt has not hit his actual groove yet, but it's coming soon!

Yankees soar past Mets in interleague contest, extending win streak to 10.

The Yankees, playing on the road in New York, won a tight game last night, beating the Mets 2-1 with a crowd of 41,800 fans on hand at CITI FIELD.

Allowing 1 run on 7 hits over 7 innings of work, while striking out 2, Roy Oswalt was able to notch his 4th win of the season.

A key player offensively was Nick Swisher, who picked up a pair of hits in 4 at-bats.

The series ends this afternoon, with the Yankees' Phil Hughes (2-0, 2.78) and the Mets' Fernando Nieve (3-0, 4.23) the probable starters.

Yankees at Mets - CITI FIELD
May 22, 2010123456789RHE
New York (26-17)002000000241
New York (22-22)000000100180
Player of the Game: Roy Oswalt - IP: 7.0 H: 7 R: 1 ER: 1 BB: 1 K: 2 ERA: 1.29
W: Roy Oswalt (4-3) L: Oliver Perez (0-4) S: Mariano Rivera (13)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSNYYNYM
3rdCrawford grounded to right for a single. Jeter scores.10
3rdSwisher stole 2nd. Crawford scored.20
7thCatalanotto grounded out to Jeter (6-3). Francoeur scores.21
New York Yankees
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Crawford, LF4111020.339
Swisher, RF4020020.258
Golson, PR-RF0000000.222
Cano, 2B4010010.209
Rodriguez, 3B3000100.276
Teixeira, 1B3000010.306
Posada, C2000110.232
Granderson, CF3000010.317
Oswalt, P3000030.125
Wood, P0000000.000
Rivera, P0000000.000
Jeter, SS2100120.252
TEAM TOTALS282413130
BATTING:
2B: R. Cano (7), N. Swisher (6)
RBI: C. Crawford (30)
BASERUNNING:
SB: D. Jeter (19), N. Swisher (5)
CS: A. Rodriguez 2 (7), J. Posada (4)
FIELDING:
E: R. Cano (3)
New York Mets
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Reyes, SS4020000.257
Wright, 3B3010100.296
Beltran, CF4010010.340
Bay, LF4010010.312
Matthews, PR-LF0000000.161
Castillo, 2B4000010.299
Davis, 1B4000000.244
Francoeur, RF4130000.272
Barajas, C4000000.167
Perez, P1000000.333
Tatis, PH1000000.274
Takahashi, P00000001.000
Catalanotto, PH1001000.311
Mejia, P0000000.000
TEAM TOTALS34181130
BATTING:
2B: D. Wright (13), J. Francoeur (7)
RBI: F. Cantalanotto (5)
GIDP: F. Tatis
New York Yankees
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
R. Oswalt (W, 4-3)7.07111204.61
K. Wood (H, 1)1.01000101.53
M. Rivera (S, 13)1.00000002.70
TEAM TOTALS9.081113
New York Mets
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
O. Perez (L, 0-4)4.02223504.37
H. Takahashi3.01000603.25
J. Mejia2.01000204.40
TEAM TOTALS9.0422313
Dynasty: Reaman
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
01:50 AM - November 9, 2010. Written by ML21
Ok so my last Dynasty didn't turn out so hot cause of limited time. Now im working on a created school. Im debating on using my Nebraska Tech Team or not. I will update you on what goes on
Dynasty: ML21
Sunday, November 7, 2010
03:47 AM - November 7, 2010. Written by da36chamberz
The Cleveland Browns managed to outlast the Chicago Bears with a 38-34 win at home. Cleveland finishes the preseason with a 4-0 record, which was a surprise to everyone, except the Browns. "We work hard, we play hard," CB Eric Wright commented after the game. HB Peyton Hillis added, "Yeah, you like to go undefeated, but it's not like this counts for anything. The real test comes next week against Tampa."

For Cleveland, the starters only played the first quarter, then gave way to the reserves. Colt McCoy started and was an accurate 8 of 9 before exiting the game. Eric Mangini confirmed he's sticking with McCoy during the regular season, "We have three talented quarterbacks, but we like the way McCoy has managed the game, and he hasn't made too many mistakes, so we're gonna stick with him." When asked about being named the backup quarterback, Jake Delhomme commented "Obviously you want to be the guy, but at the end of the day it's the coaches decision."

The reserves played well, although Seneca Wallace continued his streak of throwing an interception in each game. Josh Cribbs lost a fumble on a punt early in the game, and Thomas Clayton lost one rushing late in the contest - both turning into points for the Bears.

For Chicago, Jay Cutler kept Cleveland's secondary guessing en route to 3 touchdown passes. Matt Forte was held in check, with only 37 yards on 10 carries. Johnny Knox and Rashied Davis both amassed over 100 yards receiving. The offensive line was suspect in the second half, giving up four sacks. Chicago seemed in control of the game late in the fourth, but were unable to come back from a Cleveland score with 6:04 remaining.

BOX SCORE:

Sep 2, 2010 - CHI at CLE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Chicago Bears (2-2)14710334
Cleveland Browns (4-0)7213738
Team Stats Comparison
CHICLE
445Total Offense461
63Rushing Yards174
382Passing Yards287
16First Downs18
5Punt Return Yards26
98Kick Return Yards104
548Total Yards591
2Turnovers3
5-133rd Down Converstion9-15
0-14th Down Conversion0-0
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
2/0Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4/0
0-0Penalties2-20
28:00Posession Time32:00
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGCHICLE
9:15(CLE) M.Bell 2 yd run (P.Dawson kick)07
7:02(CHI) J.Knox 67 yd pass from J.Cutler (R.Gould kick)77
1:18(CHI) C.Taylor 12 yd pass from J.Cutler (R.Gould kick)147
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGCHICLE
12:37(CLE) P.Hillis 5 yd pass from C.McCoy (P.Dawson kick)1414
10:23(CLE) R.Royal 6 yd pass from J.Delhomme (P.Dawson kick)1421
6:09(CHI) R.Davis 12 yd pass from J.Cutler (R.Gould kick)2121
1:36(CLE) B.Robiskie 3 yd pass from J.Delhomme (P.Dawson kick)2128
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGCHICLE
10:54(CHI) R.Gould 37 yd FG2428
9:14(CLE) P.Dawson 47 yd FG2431
8:59(CHI) R.Davis 73 yd pass from C.Hanie (R.Gould kick)3131
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGCHICLE
10:30(CHI) R.Gould 52 yd FG3431
6:04(CLE) C.Mitchell 56 yd pass from S.Wallace (P.Dawson kick)3438
Chicago Bears Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
C.Hanie100.415/252101/08.4
J.Cutler158.312/142033/014.5
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
M.Forte10373.7014
C.Taylor6264.3011
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
J.Knox614223.6167
R.Davis511122.2273
E.Bennett44310.7017
D.Hester3186.008
D.Aromashodu34816.0018
G.Olsen2157.5014
B.Manumaleuna22412.0021
C.Taylor11212.0112
M.Forte1-1-1.000
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
R.Wilson80000
T.Harris61000
P.Tinoisamoa50000
A.Adams40000
M.Wright30000
L.Briggs30000
C.Tillman30000
T.Jennings30000
C.Graham20000
J.Bullocks20000
C.Wootton20000
B.Turner20000
D.Manning20000
C.Harris20000
B.Urlacher20000
KICKINGFGM/APCTLONGXPM/APTS
R.Gould2/2100534/410
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
B.Maynard414636.510
KICK RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
J.Knox12727.0270
D.Manning47117.7180
PUNT RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
D.Hester144.040
D.Manning111.010
Cleveland Browns Boxscore
J.Delhomme104.69/181032/05.7
C.McCoy150.48/91011/011.2
S.Wallace95.83/6851/114.1
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
T.Clayton16815.0037
M.Bell12584.8123
P.Hillis8405.009
S.Wallace2-4-2.000
B.Robiskie1-1-1.000
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
B.Robiskie4358.7015
C.Stuckey34715.6026
P.Hillis2199.5114
M.Massaquoi22311.5016
J.Cribbs23015.0021
C.Mitchell27638.0156
D.Williams199.009
T.Clayton144.004
R.Royal166.016
B.Watson12424.0024
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
A****bin61000
E.Wright50010
M.Adams40020
R.Ventrone30000
T.Brown30000
M.Bernard30000
A.Elam30000
J.Haden30020
E.Barton20000
D.Bowens21000
J.Trusnik20000
D.Williams20000
C.Gocong11000
S.Fujita10000
M.Roth11000
P.Dawson1/1100475/58
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
R.Hodges522945.831
J.Cribbs12020.0200
C.Stuckey12020.0200
J.Haden46416.0200
C.Stuckey11212.0120
J.Cribbs2147.0140

While the Browns have had a good preseason, no one is predicting Super Bowl glory for the Browns this year. We will find out soon though. Starting next week, the games count, and the Browns will open their season on the road against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3 in the preseason).

INJURY REPORT:
(OFS denotes out for season)

Cleveland Browns:
TE Evan Moore - 1 week
OT Tony Pashos - OFS
DE Robaire Smith - OFS
HB Montario Hardesty - OFS
MLB D'Qwell Jackson - OFS

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
LG Ted Larsen - 1 week
OLB Adam Hayward - 2 weeks
RG Demar Dotson - OFS
HB Kareem Huggins - OFS
OLB Jon Alston - OFS
DT Brian Price - OFS
Dynasty: da36chamberz
01:05 AM - November 7, 2010. Written by da36chamberz
The Cleveland Browns extended their preseason winning streak with a 31-28 win over the Detroit Lions. The first half was action-packed, including two interceptions returned for touchdowns, and a total of 45 points from both teams.

For Cleveland, Coach Mangini started Jake Delhomme at quarterback today. His first pass was good for 28 yards to Evan Moore. His next pass, however, landed in the hands of Kyle Vanden Bosch, who ran untouched to put the Lions up 7-0. His next drive yielded better results, when he connected with Josh Cribbs for a touchdown. Colt McCoy came in to relieve Delhomme, and posted good numbers. Eric Wright dazzled again on defense, returning a Matthew Stafford pass for his second pick 6 of the preseason. The Browns also saw improved play from Joe Haden, who's interception late in the fourth quarter sealed the game for Cleveland.

For Detroit, they had a monster game from Jahvid Best. He smoked the Cleveland defense for 165 yards, including 2 runs over 70 yards. Calvin Johnson Jr. was quiet in the first half, but played with the reserves in the second half in the slot, and managed over 100 yards for the day. Bobby Carpenter led the defense in tackles, and Vanden Bosch opened the scoring with his amazing interception return.

It was a high-scoring, physical contest. Evan Moore of the Browns tore his shoulder and will be out for the next 2 weeks, and Ashlee Palmer of the Lions suffered a partial MCL tear and will be out for 8 weeks.

BOX SCORE:
Aug 28, 2010 - CLE at DET
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns (3-0)14100731
Detroit Lions (1-2)7147028
Team Stats Comparison
CLEDET
405Total Offense449
105Rushing Yards212
300Passing Yards237
17First Downs12
24Punt Return Yards4
94Kick Return Yards140
523Total Yards593
2Turnovers3
2-113rd Down Converstion2-13
0-04th Down Conversion0-0
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
1/1Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/0
3-25Penalties1-12
34:49Posession Time25:11
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGCLEDET
13:18(DET) K.Vanden Bosch, 53 yd INT return (J.Hanson kick)07
9:45(CLE) J.Cribbs 30 yd pass from J.Delhomme (P.Dawson kick)77
0:04(CLE) E.Wright 37 yd INT return (P.Dawson kick)147
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGCLEDET
14:50(DET) J.Best 72 yd run (J.Hanson kick)1414
11:35(DET) J.Best 79 yd run (J.Hanson kick)1421
10:37(CLE) C.Stuckey 66 yd pass from C.McCoy (P.Dawson kick)2121
1:27(CLE) P.Dawson 30 yd FG2421
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGCLEDET
2:45(DET) C.Johnson Jr. 63 yd pass from D.Stanton (J.Hanson kick)2428
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGCLEDET
11:55(CLE) M.Bell 8 yd run (P.Dawson kick)3128
C.McCoy145.85/81131/014.1
J.Delhomme105.96/91101/112.2
S.Wallace35.86/12770/16.4
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
P.Hillis15342.208
M.Bell11555.0117
T.Clayton7212.9011
S.Wallace2-4-2.000
J.Cribbs1-1-1.000
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
C.Stuckey49323.2166
E.Moore35819.3028
C.Mitchell24020.0023
J.Cribbs24422.0130
A.Smith11414.0014
R.Royal166.006
D.Williams111.001
B.Watson11111.0011
L.Vickers11616.0016
M.Bell11717.0017
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
D.Bowens50000
J.Haden30130
B.Schaefering30000
E.Wright30101
S.Brown30020
S.Fujita30000
M.Adams30110
N.Sorensen30010
R.Ventrone20000
J.Trusnik20000
M.Bernard20000
A****bin21010
S.Rogers20000
T.Ward20000
D.Robinson10000
P.Dawson1/1100304/47
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
R.Hodges627445.640
J.Cribbs36321.0230
J.Haden23115.5180
C.Stuckey2157.5100
J.Cribbs294.560
Detroit Lions Boxscore
D.Stanton66.610/181701/29.4
M.Stafford34.07/15750/15.0
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
K.Smith13403.0010
J.Best 1116515.0279
M.Stafford177.007
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
C.Johnson Jr.411729.2163
B.Johnson2147.009
B.Pettigrew2147.0011
D.Williams24522.5023
K.Smith2126.0010
N.Burleson2168.0011
T.Scheffler133.003
M.Morris199.009
J.Felton11515.0015
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
B.Carpenter80000
D.Levy70000
A.Spievey50000
N.Suh50010
I.Ekejiuba40000
J.Peterson40000
C.Williams30000
J.Wade30000
A.Smith30100
N.Vasher30000
C.Brown20000
W.Heller10000
Z.Follett20000
C.Avril10000
K.Vanden Bosch00101
J.Hanson0/0004/44
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
N.Harris725035.711
S.Logan49824.5270
D.Williams24221.0230
N.Burleson242.020
A.Smith100.000

Up next for Cleveland will be their final preseason game versus the 2-1 Chicago Bears. Eric Mangini confirmed that Colt McCoy will be the starter going forward, putting any quarterback controversy questions to rest.

INJURY REPORT:

Cleveland Browns:
TE Evan Moore - 3 weeks
OT Tony Pashos - OFS
DE Robaire Smith - OFS

Chicago Bears:
OLB N.Roach - 8 weeks
QB T.Collins - OFS
MLB H.Hillenmeyer - OFS
Saturday, November 6, 2010
09:47 PM - November 6, 2010. Written by da36chamberz
It's the halfway point of the preseason. The games still don't count, but teams are gearing-up for the regular season to begin. Here's an update for transactions around the NFL:

WEEK 1

No Transactions

WEEK 2

TAMPA BAY
Released:
FB E.Lorig
TE R.Purvis
WR M.Spurlock

Signed:
LG K.Vincent - 1yr/$750k
LG K.Forney - 1yr/$750k
LG D.Thomas - 1yr/$460k

JACKSONVILLE
Released:
FB M.Owens
FB B.Bolen
CB D.Carey
TE Z.Potter
QB T.Bouman
DT L.Douzable

Signed:
C J.Grove - 1yr/$620k
LG M.Williams - 1yr/$750k
OLB A.Thomas - 1yr/$850k
SS M.Brown - 1yr/$850k
OLB R.Jeanty - 1yr/$620k
C B.Romberg - 1yr/$620k

SEATTLE
Released:
TE C.Morrah
DT J.Siavii

Signed:
FB O.O'Neal - 1yr/$540k
C J.Hartwig - 1yr/$750k
LT M.Gandy - 1yr/$750k
09:20 PM - November 6, 2010. Written by da36chamberz
Cleveland improved it's preseason record to 2-0 with a 17-15 win over the St. Louis Rams at home. Once again, the first-stringers for Cleveland carried the game for the Browns, scoring all of their 17 points in the first half. The Rams had a decent showing today, but were unable to come from behind and get the W.

For Cleveland, Colt McCoy got the start again, with Jake Delhomme playing most of the 2nd quarter. The question this preseason for Cleveland is who will start at quarterback. While Seneca Wallace has been playing with the second squad both games, it appears he is still 3rd on the depth chart. Against the Rams, he threw 2 interceptions, with the second one taking points off the board for Cleveland. The second squad continues to struggle, coughing up three turnovers and scoring no points.

Coach Eric Mangini had this to say about the quarterback situation: "All of our guys have looked sharp in practice. When it comes to who's starting week one - that's still up in the air. [We] like what each guys brings to the table, but it's still too early to tell."

For St. Louis, Sam Bradford had a good first half, completing 10 of 14 passes and a 90.2 QB rating. Stephen Jackson ran for 79 yards on 18 carries. Backup quarterback A.J. Feeley almost put the Rams ahead late in the game, but threw a costly interception to Ray Ventrone. James Laurinaitis was knocked out of the game with an injury, but will be able to play again next week.

BOX SCORE:
Aug 21, 2010 - STL at CLE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
St. Louis Rams (0-2)336315
Cleveland Browns (2-0)3140017
Team Stats Comparison
STLCLE
298Total Offense302
102Rushing Yards108
196Passing Yards194
14First Downs14
13Punt Return Yards18
80Kick Return Yards130
391Total Yards450
1Turnovers3
7-173rd Down Converstion4-11
0-24th Down Conversion0-0
0-12-Point Conversion0-0
1/1Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/1
7-45Penalties1-10
35:14Posession Time24:46
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGSTLCLE
8:01(CLE) P.Dawson 29 yd FG30
3:09(STL) J.Brown 53 yd FG33
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGSTLCLE
9:41(CLE) J.Cribbs 38 yd pass from C.McCoy (P.Dawson kick)103
1:55(STL) J.Brown 23 yd FG106
0:29(CLE) L.Vickers 2 yd pass from J.Delhomme (P.Dawson kick)176
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGSTLCLE
7:48(STL) M.Gilyard 3 yd pass from A.Feeley (2-pt conversion failed)1712
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGSTLCLE
8:57(STL) J.Brown 44 yd FG1715
St. Louis Rams Boxscore
A.Feeley62.510/201101/15.5
S.Bradford90.210/14960/06.8
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
S.Jackson18794.3026
K.Darby14211.407
M.Karney122.002
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
D.Amendola4369.0014
D.Alexander47318.2030
S.Jackson3155.0017
D.Fells23517.5027
B.Gibson22613.0019
M.Gilyard242.013
K.Darby122.002
M.Karney11010.0010
M.Hoomanawanui155.005
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
B.Kehl70000
F.Robbins50000
R.Bartell40100
L.Grant30000
K.Dockery20100
D.Stewart20000
O.Atogwe20000
J.King20000
D.Vobora20000
G.Gibson20000
J.Hall20000
C.Chamberlain20000
M.Hoomanawanui10000
J.Butler10000
N.Diggs10000
J.Brown3/475540/09
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
D.Jones418345.700
D.Amendola36120.3250
M.Gilyard11919.0190
D.Amendola2136.590
C.McCoy111.74/9771/08.5
J.Delhomme144.15/7721/010.2
S.Wallace27.64/8450/25.6
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
T.Clayton11322.9012
M.Bell11484.3011
P.Hillis10323.2013
S.Wallace2-4-2.000
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
D.Williams33812.6018
C.Stuckey25025.0040
J.Cribbs25728.5138
M.Bell22110.5011
R.Royal177.007
L.Vickers122.012
B.Watson199.009
M.Massaquoi11010.0010
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
A.Elam60010
S.Rogers60000
J.Trusnik50010
E.Wright40020
M.Bernard30010
R.Ventrone30110
T.Ward30010
D.Bowens30000
A****bin31000
E.Barton30000
L.Vickers20000
J.Haden20010
C.Gocong20000
B.Schaefering20000
D.Robinson11000
P.Dawson1/250292/25
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
R.Hodges11
J.Cribbs26834.0460
C.Stuckey12323.0230
J.Haden23919.5200
J.Cribbs2147.0130
C.Stuckey144.040

*note: the scoring is reversed in the scoring summary of the table - apologies*

Next on tap for the Cleveland Browns is their 3rd preseason game against the 0-2 Detroit Lions. Matt Roth is fully recovered from his injury, and is looking forward to getting back out on the field.

INJURY REPORT:

Cleveland Browns:
OT Tony Pashos - OFS
DE Robaire Smith - OFS

Detroit Lions:

OLB Landon Johnson - 1 week
DE Jared DeVries - OFS
CB Aaron Berry - OFS

04:24 PM - November 6, 2010. Written by da36chamberz
The Browns had a nice showing against the Green Bay Packers in their first preseason game. They won the game 36-30, but it wasn't as close of a contest as the score would indicate. When the first-stringers were on the field, Cleveland outscored Green Bay 23-3, thanks to two interceptions from Aaron Rogers (one returned for a TD by Eric Wright) and a fumble from Brandon Jackson. Green Bay, who was without key players Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant, never seemed to get into rhythm.

For the Browns, Colt McCoy was the starting quarterback, and Jake Delhomme relieved him in the first half. Peyton Hillis also sat early in the game to avoid injury. Seneca Wallace was the QB for the second half, putting up some decent numbers, including a 78-yard pass to Demetrius Williams which put the Browns on top for good.

For the Packers, Matt Flynn torched the Cleveland reserves for 3 TD's, and almost led the Packers to victory with 27 points in the fourth quarter. Aside from Grant and Finley, Nick Barnett and Brad Jones also did not play - all four are out for the season.

BOX SCORE:

Aug 13, 2010 - CLE at G.B.
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns (1-0)71631036
Green Bay Packers (0-1)3002730
Team Stats Comparison
CLEG.B.
386Total Offense371
73Rushing Yards90
313Passing Yards281
17First Downs14
80Punt Return Yards30
98Kick Return Yards184
564Total Yards585
1Turnovers3
10-203rd Down Converstion1-12
0-04th Down Conversion2-2
0-02-Point Conversion0-1
1/3Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/1
1-15Penalties3-20
42:27Posession Time17:33
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGCLEG.B.
7:30(CLE) M.Bell 12 yd run (P.Dawson kick)70
3:29(G.B.) M.Crosby 34 yd FG73
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGCLEG.B.
14:10(CLE) E.Wright 40 yd INT return (P.Dawson kick)143
8:23(CLE) P.Dawson 29 yd FG173
1:10(CLE) P.Dawson 18 yd FG203
0:13(CLE) P.Dawson 54 yd FG233
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGCLEG.B.
9:03(CLE) P.Dawson 49 yd FG263
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGCLEG.B.
14:20(CLE) P.Dawson 26 yd FG293
10:41(G.B.) B.Jackson 8 yd run (M.Crosby kick)2910
9:37(G.B.) D.Driver 32 yd pass from M.Flynn (M.Crosby kick)2917
7:43(G.B.) J.Jones 58 yd pass from M.Flynn (M.Crosby kick)2924
1:06(G.B.) B.Swain 19 yd pass from M.Flynn (2-pt conversion failed)2930
0:40(CLE) D.Williams 78 yd pass from S.Wallace (P.Dawson kick)3630
S.Wallace82.211/212041/19.7
J.Delhomme72.95/10700/07.0
C.McCoy60.94/9470/05.2
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
M.Bell15332.1112
T.Clayton10111.106
P.Hillis6264.3014
L.Vickers111.001
J.Cribbs133.003
C.Mitchell1-1-1.000
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
D.Williams411729.2178
E.Moore44912.2026
L.Vickers33210.6011
J.Cribbs33913.0019
B.Robiskie23718.5026
M.Bell2178.5012
B.Watson11818.0018
C.Stuckey11212.0012
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
S.Fujita50000
N.Sorensen40000
T.Brown40000
R.Ventrone40010
E.Wright40101
A.Elam40000
M.Bernard41000
S.Brown30010
E.Moore30000
A****bin20000
S.Rogers20000
K.Coleman21010
J.Trusnik11000
M.Roth11000
J.Haden11000
P.Dawson5/5100543/318
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
R.Hodges522444.821
J.Cribbs12020.0200
J.Haden11717.0170
C.Stuckey23316.5180
J.Cribbs47919.7270
E.Wright111.010
Green Bay Packers Boxscore
M.Flynn144.213/202323/011.6
A.Rodgers25.37/15860/25.7
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
J.Kuhn11353.1011
B.Jackson10515.1118
M.Flynn133.003
A.Rodgers111.001
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
B.Swain44010.0119
Q.Johnson33511.6025
D.Driver37324.3132
J.Jones39431.3158
J.Nelson23919.5021
G.Jennings22814.0021
J.Kuhn1-2-2.000
A.Quarless177.007
B.Jackson144.004
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
B.Raji60000
D.Bishop61000
A.Hawk50000
S.Shields40000
C.Woodson40000
C.Jenkins40000
R.Pickett30000
C.Matthews30000
C.Peprah30010
J.Wynn20000
A.Smith20010
C.Wilson20000
P.Lee20020
F.Zombo20000
J.Bush10100
M.Crosby1/1100353/36
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
T.Masthay625041.600
P.Lee36220.6230
J.Nelson612220.3240
G.Jennings23015.0170

Up next, the Browns will be facing the 0-1 St. Louis Rams in their second preseason game of the year.

INJURY REPORT:

Cleveland Browns:
OLB Matt Roth - 1 week
DE Robaire Smith - OFS
OT Tony Pashos - OFS

St. Louis Rams:
OT Jason Smith - 3 weeks
DT Clifton Ryan - OFS
WR Donnie Avery - OFS