Home
Feature Article
NBA Conference Finals Simulations

Dustin Toms and TD St. Matthew Daniel are back to discuss the NBA Conference Finals which are just underway. Along the way we get simulation results from NBA 2K10 and NBA Live 10 as well as both's opinions on how the series will end up. To see who is moving on and who is heading home, check out their thoughts after the jump!

Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns

Dustin:The Lakers are finally putting it together at the right time. They stumbled at the end of the regular season and struggled throughout the first round, but after sweeping the Jazz, the Lakers finally seem to be the team that everyone predicted would be repeat champions. Kobe has found his touch and so has Gasol. With those two scoring each night, LA is a tough team to beat. But if anyone can beat them, it is the Suns. Phoenix has been under the radar all year long and been hiding in the shadow of Stoudemire's summer decision. Nevertheless, with Nash playing like he is in his twenties and Stoudemire playing for a max contract, this team can easily drop the Lakers. The teams match up quite well, and to be honest I am not sure who will win this one, but if I were a betting man I would take the Suns in seven games.

TD:…And you would be broke man in seven days, Dustin -- that’s how long it is going to take the Lakers to dispose of the Suns. However, NBA Live 10 does agree with you, and being a self-proclaimed Kobe hater I’m naturally rooting for Phoenix as well. But you cannot deny Kobe’s greatness or the Lakers superior talent, so the only thing that will get denied this series is the layup attempts by the Suns -- the front-court players on the Lakers will see to that. The Suns only stand a chance if they go unconscious from the outside, and although this is possible because they have Steve Nash, if you live by the jump shot you die by the jump shot. Rest in peace Los Suns in five games.

NBA Live 10 says: Suns 4-2 Lakers
NBA 2K10 says: Lakers 4-3 Suns

Mama there goes that man! NBA 2K10 has Kobe and the Lakers booked for the Finals.

Boston Celtics vs. Orlando Magic

TD: This is a tough series to call because on the one hand you have the Magic who are on a hot streak but have yet to be really tested, and on the other hand you have a Celtics squad who looked old and gimpy for most of the season before they sent the Cavs fishing. Regardless, in the playoffs experience, star power and defense always prevail. The Boston Celtics are superior in all three categories when healthy, and they have proven to be just that lately. Celtics in six.

Dustin: You are right, this is a tough one to call. Orlando has been on fire and Vince wants that ring -- this is also the best team he has ever been on. But the Celtics just sent The King packing in six games -- eerily similar to last year's ECF when the Magic did the same in six games. Garnett is playing like his old self, Allen is hitting his treys (at least he is in every other game) and Rondo -- do not even get me started on Rondo. Simply put, Boston is Rondo's team, and the "Big Three" are just his supporting cast. If Jameer Nelson can contain Rondo, then Orlando wins easy, but it will not be that easy. I am going to have to agree with you on this one. Celtics in 6.

NBA Live 10
says: Celtics 4-1 Magic
NBA 2K10 says: Celtics 4-3 Magic

According to NBA Live 10, the Celts will move on to the Finals.

NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MrBallaBoy21 @ 05/20/10 07:54 AM
Live must have a crush on the suns lol. They're about to get swept.

Celtic Laker finals FTW!!

# 2 BDM313 @ 05/20/10 11:49 AM
Lakers Celtics Indeed!....

# 3 MrSimCity @ 05/20/10 04:42 PM
No one's beating Boston with how the Celtics are playing right now

# 4 JkA3 @ 05/20/10 05:12 PM
LA vs Boston will be a good finals. Lakers all the way.

# 5 Bash @ 05/21/10 02:32 PM
Here's to the Suns winning the next 4.

# 6 10yard-Fight @ 05/23/10 03:37 PM
Lakers over Celtics in the Finals... it doesn't matter how many games.

# 7 MrSimCity @ 05/24/10 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10yard-Fight
Lakers over Celtics in the Finals... it doesn't matter how many games.
Have you watched these conference finals? What reason other than fan boy-ism has you so sure that the Lakers will beat the Celtics?

# 8 10yard-Fight @ 05/26/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle24
Have you watched these conference finals? What reason other than fan boy-ism has you so sure that the Lakers will beat the Celtics?
Yes, i have watched these conference finals. The only reason other than my fan man-ism that has me so sure that the Lakers will beat the Celtics is K-O-B-E-B-R-Y-A-N-T. He wanted his rematch last year... As a matter of fact, don't be surprised if the Magic become the first team to comeback from 3 - 0 deficit. I doubt it will happen, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

# 9 X*Cell @ 05/26/10 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
Live must have a crush on the suns lol. They're about to get swept.

Celtic Laker finals FTW!!
uh oh buddy... 2-2. Both simulations are lookin pretty good right now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.