Home
Feature Article
Madden NFL 11 Sims the NFL Playoffs

With the NFL playoffs set to kick off tomorrow, we used Madden to simulate the NFL playoffs. Given the recent success of the NCAA Simulation -- we're a bit more interested in these results than usual. So how does Madden do? You be the judge and give us your own picks for the playofffs!

Wild Card Weekend

Seahawks 17, Saints 14

In a huge shocker, the 7-9 Seahawks won their home playoff game over the heavily favored Saints. With Reggie Bush being the only healthy back, the Saints run game failed to support its pass attack, which greatly suffered. Drew Brees threw three interceptions, one setting up a field goal and another being returned 83 yards by Earl Thomas for a touchdown. Matt Hasselbeck earned the start for the Seahawks.

Jets 21, Colts 20

In a defensive battle, Peyton Manning saw his Colts fall apart. With the score tied at 14 going into the fourth quarter, Mark Sanchez connected with Santonio Holmes on a 46-yard touchdown pass to grab the lead. Manning led the Colts to two quick field goals, but he failed to convert on a critical fourth-and-3, giving the Jets revenge after last year’s AFC Championship.

Chiefs 35, Ravens 9

Matt Cassel had the game of his career throwing for 492 yards and five touchdowns, handing Baltimore’s once-vaunted defense one of the most disappointing losses of all time. Joe Flacco threw two interceptions and lost a fumble; Ray Rice had 21 carries for 19 yards; and Ray Lewis accounted for only two tackles.

Philadelphia 24, Green Bay 17

In a classic showdown of quarterbacks, Michael Vick found the edge as he topped Aaron Rodger’s performance of two touchdowns with two of his own, including a 14-yard scramble for a late fourth quarter score. DeSean Jackson caught both of Vick’s touchdown passes, one of them going for 95 yards.

Divisional Playoffs

Chiefs 31, Steelers 14

In another big upset, the AFC West champs took control of the Steelers' defense by scoring touchdowns on their first three possessions. By the end of the game, Cassel had thrown for two touchdowns, and Jamaal Charles had run for two more on the ground. Ben Roethlisberger threw one interception, and he could not get the offense moving against the young Kansas City defense.

Falcons 28, Seahawks 0

Seattle’s run ended with a thud. Michael Turner scored all four touchdowns in the game as Matt Ryan struggled early with his accuracy. Hasselbeck turned into his usual self by throwing five interceptions, three to Ben Grimes.

Patriots 14, Jets 10

The Jets found themselves in another defensive battle, but this one they lost. Tom Brady was not spectacular, but he connected with his tight ends for two scores. Sanchez threw two picks and LaDainian Tomlinson lost a fumble in the red zone. Turnovers ultimately killed the Jets' chances of returning to the AFC Championship.

Eagles 42, Bears 21

Vick took his game to the level we have all become accustomed to seeing this year -- the next one. He threw three touchdowns and ran in three more in a complete domination of the Bears. Cutler threw four interceptions in the game, and he failed to throw a touchdown pass. Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff.

Conference Championship

Patriots 28, Chiefs 24

This year’s Cinderella finally fell to the Brady-led Pats. Brady threw all four touchdowns in the second half after the Chiefs had jumped out to a 14-0 lead. Charles did score a touchdown on the ground, and Cassel hooked up with Dwayne Bowe for a 35-yard strike. The Chiefs kicked a field goal with five minutes to go in the game, clearly hoping for their defense to make a stop. Obviously that stop did not happen.

Falcons 31, Eagles 30

In a matchup where Michael Vick's new team (Eagles) played his old team (Falcons), we got an all time classic according to Madden. With 32 seconds left in a game where Vick scored three rushing touchdowns, Ryan tossed a 54-yard bomb to Roddy White for the game-winning touchdown. Ryan was much more comfortable in this game, throwing for three touchdowns, two of them to White. LeSean McCoy had two costly fumbles for the Eagles.

Super Bowl

Falcons 20, Patriots 13

In one of the greatest Super Bowls of our time, the Atlanta Falcons shut down Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. There were no turnovers and no dropped passes in this game. The game was played how football is meant to be played. Going into the fourth quarter, the Falcons held a 20-10 lead, but they gave up a quick three points. The teams would exchange the ball a few more times, but in the end Brady had one last chance to lead his team to victory. During that final drive the Falcons defense stepped it up. They stopped the Pats on a fourth down with under a minute to go, and thus sealed their fate as the Super Bowl champs.

Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 falconfansince81 @ 01/07/11 03:41 PM
i would approve of this outcome.

# 2 ThunderCat838 @ 01/07/11 03:51 PM
oh come on!... first of all, no way are the seahawks beating the saints... even with just reggie bush as there only back, brees and the passing game is just too much. Now with that difference its changes everything but I do like the outcome of falcons and pats... but lets just say Brady is getting his FOURTH ring...

# 3 gatek99 @ 01/07/11 05:47 PM
chiefs beat the steelers......doubtful

# 4 yellowboy06 @ 01/07/11 07:26 PM
Seahawks beat the saints, yeah!

# 5 BlackJack_Williams @ 01/07/11 08:20 PM
I can see this, I think the (amazing) Falcons would fall to the Eagles with Vick playing for more than just the superbowl. I know that's sort of stretching comparing the teams but it's time for my Eagles to get another chance at a ring.

# 6 Pats12TO81 @ 01/08/11 12:25 AM
ya you are totally right bullssixchamps. The bears looked like real Superbowl contenders when they scored the huge amount of 7 points when playing the Pats and holding the Pats offense to only 36 points. Im sorry but your Bears arent winning ths year cuz the Pats will dominate everyone

# 7 JaymeeAwesome @ 01/08/11 09:36 AM
I predicted falcons pats in superbowl myself but falcons have no chance against them. The only NFC team that stands a chance is the Eagles and Vick.

# 8 untrugby @ 01/08/11 07:59 PM
looks like the madden sim is 1 for 1

# 9 SuperNoVa27 @ 01/08/11 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCat838
oh come on!... first of all, no way are the seahawks beating the saints... even with just reggie bush as there only back, brees and the passing game is just too much. Now with that difference its changes everything but I do like the outcome of falcons and pats... but lets just say Brady is getting his FOURTH ring...

Underestimation

# 10 rockbottom3 @ 01/08/11 10:19 PM
Quote:
madden got it right thats an upset. I was thinking the same thing.

# 11 Steve_OS @ 01/08/11 11:11 PM
Seahawks and Jets win. 2-0 in Madden NFL 11 sim...

# 12 Chrisksaint @ 01/08/11 11:49 PM
Well guess it's pretty spot on so far, still don't see how the Saints lost in the sim would have thought Madden Reggie would have tore it up lol.

# 13 at23steelers @ 01/08/11 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Seahawks and Jets win. 2-0 in Madden NFL 11 sim...
I think this proves Chris is smarter than you!! So, now he can call you pitiful, no matter which Steve he is referring to.

On a separate note, I hope these predictions don't all happen!!

# 14 knighthawksfan @ 01/09/11 04:13 AM
Well atleast one of my super bowl picks would have made the big game. My colts will bounce back next season.

# 15 radney @ 01/09/11 04:13 PM
So much for the Madden sim as the Chief beat the Steelers.......oh wait, they just lost to the Ravens!!!

# 16 MizzyMike05 @ 01/09/11 06:50 PM
haha good stuff

# 17 Felkmaster @ 01/10/11 07:55 AM
Quote:
No way, huh?

# 18 vln13 @ 01/16/11 11:59 PM
Haha all 4 final fours are wrong!!! Jets, Steelers, Bears, Pack.

# 19 JMD @ 01/17/11 07:28 AM
I didn't sim my games, I let them play out CPU vs CPU and I watched them.

Pats lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game 24-21
Bears lost to the Packers in the NFC championship game 31-28

Packers win the Superbowl over the Steelers 35-24

# 20 NFL2102 @ 01/17/11 07:03 PM
Madden went 3-8 in the end

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.