Home
Feature Article
FlyingFinn Releases All-Pro Football 2K8 Editor

FlyingFinn, the Operation Sports user responsible for the legendary NFL 2K5 Editor, has just released a new PC editor that is compatible with the Xbox 360 version of All-Pro Football 2K8.

Finn's first edition of the All-Pro Football 2K8 editor is available for download in the Operation Sports forums.

Features Included

• Edit all the game's legends, generics and created players
  • Edit player ratings
  • Edit abilities
  • Edit physical appearance
  • Edit player equipment
  • Global editing of player ratings

Setting Up The Editor

Simply download the file in Chrome or Firefox (Internet Explorer will corrupt the file) and run the program setup.

Once the editor finishes installing, open the folder where you installed it.

Click "ConfigFiles" then "APFattributes."

Copy this list of attributes and paste it over the default listing:

• Speed
  • Agility
  • Pass Accuracy
  • Pass Strength
  • Stamina
  • Kick Power
  • Durability
  • Strength
  • Jumping
  • Coverage
  • Run Route
  • Receiving Aggressiveness
  • Tackle
  • Break Tackle
  • Read Coverage
  • Pocket Composure
  • Catch
  • Run Block
  • Pass Block
  • Secure Ball
  • Pass Rush
  • Run Coverage
  • Kick Coverage
  • Unk24
  • Unk25
  • Unk26
  • Run Style
  • Consistency
  • Unk29
  • Unk30
  • Height

Make sure you are logged onto your computer's "Administrator" account, otherwise you could encounter an error when attempting to save the edited attribute file.

Not all attributes categories are known as of this writing.

How To Use The Editor

A Xbox 360 All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file is required to use the editor.

For detailed instructions on getting your roster file from the Xbox 360 to your PC, read the opening sections of Operation Sports' Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 For Dummies.

For the short version:

1. Download Modio and USBXTAFGUI to your PC.

2. Format your minimum 1 GB USB thumb drive for Xbox 360 use.

3. Copy your All-Pro Football 2K8 roster from the Xbox 360 hard drive to your USB device.

4. Plug your USB device into your PC and open USBXTAFGUI.

5. Locate the All-Pro Football 2K8 .ROS file and extract it to your PC's desktop.

6.Open the .ROS file in the All-Pro Football 2K8 PC editor.

Saving Your Work in the Editor

You will notice that any time you hit "Save" in the editor, a message pops up saying, "File still needs to be resigned in order to work in-game."

To resign your edited All-Pro Football 2K8 file, open Modio on your PC.

Click the "M" in the upper-left corner of the screen, then choose "Open the Resigner."

Hit "Load File" and boot up your All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file. Click "Rehash and Resign," and you are done with Modio.

Make sure to repeat this process any time you make changes to your All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file.

Loading Edited Files Onto Your USB Device

For the final step, open USBXTAFGUI on your PC.

Open your USB drive, locate your old All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file and delete it.

Right-click on the empty space where your old roster file was previously, choose "Inject" and load your new roster file.

Close USBXTAFGUI, remove your USB device from your PC, and you are now ready to go play some All-Pro Football 2K8.

Member Comments
# 41 elgreazy1 @ 05/01/11 03:17 PM
Mods, this thread it getting slightly off topic. I believe a lot of these posts should be directed towards the Info thread at: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...8-dummies.html

# 42 bdolan33 @ 05/01/11 04:34 PM
I wish someone would release a guide for how toavoid generics being reset..

# 43 C-Bus @ 05/02/11 01:55 AM
Someone mentioned this earlier and never got an answer so I will repeat the question. When I load a roster into finn's editor I get a list of all the players on the file but it won't let me use the arrows to sort by teams. Anybody know a work around?

# 44 supersol13 @ 05/02/11 12:06 PM
any chance a PS3 version comes out?

# 45 DJx79x @ 05/02/11 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersol13
any chance a PS3 version comes out?
NO it will never come out for PS3 becuz sony will sue anyone that ever cracks thier encryption so no alot of ppl ask and it will NEVER happen the only option is to get a 360

# 46 jyoung @ 05/02/11 01:10 PM
Looks like the information that was missing in the original post has been updated.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion you guys were having.

# 47 C-Bus @ 05/02/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
(1) Build your team on 360 with the CAPs, generics, playbook, etc you want.
(2) Transfer the team from 360 to PC
(3) Now click on last name drop down and find your 1st CAP's (or generics) last name, edit, repeat
(4) Save, sign and transfer from PC to 360

Thanks for the info. So is there a way to know which team each player is on so if I was trying to edit the computer controlled teams, using finn's editor, I could set up their rosters too?

# 48 badasp83 @ 05/02/11 05:40 PM
Reinstalled still can't save. Read somewhere that it might be due to Vista.

# 49 badasp83 @ 05/02/11 06:44 PM
It was a Vista issue. Figured it out. Had to log on as an administrator. Which is harder than it appears on Vista. For anyone else having problems with this on Vista. I'll leave instructions which worked for me.

Spoiler

# 50 badasp83 @ 05/02/11 11:33 PM
Ok, might've found a glitch. Maybe this has already been posted, but I don't recall seeing it. I tried to delete the roster & load it from a season mode. Game said 'restoring default rosters' & froze. Tried it twice with the same results. Does this mean that the old save season & delete roster. Then load different season with different rosters won't work with edited generics or do I have to switch the generics back to generics (from fake caps)?

# 51 NFLHITMAN @ 05/03/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badasp83
Ok, might've found a glitch. Maybe this has already been posted, but I don't recall seeing it. I tried to delete the roster & load it from a season mode. Game said 'restoring default rosters' & froze. Tried it twice with the same results. Does this mean that the old save season & delete roster. Then load different season with different rosters won't work with edited generics or do I have to switch the generics back to generics (from fake caps)?
Saving any team with generic names being changed will reset to default almost every time. You also need to change your generics back to generics for it to work right after you have edited them.

# 52 bdolan33 @ 05/03/11 10:14 PM
Why are my generics abilities and ratings being reset over and over again?

# 53 NFLHITMAN @ 05/04/11 02:02 AM
Finns Editor list for the Unknown:

1. Speed
2. Agility
3. Pass Accuracy
4. Pass Strength
5. Stamina
6. Kick Power
7. Durability
8. Strength
9. Jumping
10. Coverage
11. Route Running
12. Recognition Aggressiveness ( Awareness )
13. Tackle
14. Break Tackle
15. Read Coverage
16. Pocket Composure
17. Catch
18. Run Blocking
19. Pass Blocking
20. Secure Ball
21. Pass Rush
22. Run Coverage
23. Kick Accuracy
24. N/A
25. N/A
26. N/A
27. Running Style
28. Consistency
29. N/A
30. N/A
31. N/A
32. Height

# 54 BMC99 @ 05/05/11 09:09 PM
does anybody know what the N/A's stand for yet !

# 55 galesayers777 @ 05/06/11 07:47 PM
NOT AVAILABLE

# 56 iLLmatic @ 05/06/11 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galesayers777
NOT AVAILABLE
I think he means do we know what abilities those N/A's stand for. Just a guess.

# 57 NFLHITMAN @ 05/07/11 01:42 AM
We haven't figured out what those others are yet.

# 58 albinoDINO92 @ 05/07/11 12:31 PM
Is there anyway to edit teams depth charts?

# 59 NFLHITMAN @ 05/08/11 10:38 AM
Yes, you can have whatever you want with stars.

# 60 packers312 @ 05/08/11 06:48 PM
Will we ever be able to edit the names of the players? And how will we be able to tell who is on what team?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.