Home
Feature Article
FlyingFinn Releases All-Pro Football 2K8 Editor

FlyingFinn, the Operation Sports user responsible for the legendary NFL 2K5 Editor, has just released a new PC editor that is compatible with the Xbox 360 version of All-Pro Football 2K8.

Finn's first edition of the All-Pro Football 2K8 editor is available for download in the Operation Sports forums.

Features Included

• Edit all the game's legends, generics and created players
  • Edit player ratings
  • Edit abilities
  • Edit physical appearance
  • Edit player equipment
  • Global editing of player ratings

Setting Up The Editor

Simply download the file in Chrome or Firefox (Internet Explorer will corrupt the file) and run the program setup.

Once the editor finishes installing, open the folder where you installed it.

Click "ConfigFiles" then "APFattributes."

Copy this list of attributes and paste it over the default listing:

• Speed
  • Agility
  • Pass Accuracy
  • Pass Strength
  • Stamina
  • Kick Power
  • Durability
  • Strength
  • Jumping
  • Coverage
  • Run Route
  • Receiving Aggressiveness
  • Tackle
  • Break Tackle
  • Read Coverage
  • Pocket Composure
  • Catch
  • Run Block
  • Pass Block
  • Secure Ball
  • Pass Rush
  • Run Coverage
  • Kick Coverage
  • Unk24
  • Unk25
  • Unk26
  • Run Style
  • Consistency
  • Unk29
  • Unk30
  • Height

Make sure you are logged onto your computer's "Administrator" account, otherwise you could encounter an error when attempting to save the edited attribute file.

Not all attributes categories are known as of this writing.

How To Use The Editor

A Xbox 360 All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file is required to use the editor.

For detailed instructions on getting your roster file from the Xbox 360 to your PC, read the opening sections of Operation Sports' Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 For Dummies.

For the short version:

1. Download Modio and USBXTAFGUI to your PC.

2. Format your minimum 1 GB USB thumb drive for Xbox 360 use.

3. Copy your All-Pro Football 2K8 roster from the Xbox 360 hard drive to your USB device.

4. Plug your USB device into your PC and open USBXTAFGUI.

5. Locate the All-Pro Football 2K8 .ROS file and extract it to your PC's desktop.

6.Open the .ROS file in the All-Pro Football 2K8 PC editor.

Saving Your Work in the Editor

You will notice that any time you hit "Save" in the editor, a message pops up saying, "File still needs to be resigned in order to work in-game."

To resign your edited All-Pro Football 2K8 file, open Modio on your PC.

Click the "M" in the upper-left corner of the screen, then choose "Open the Resigner."

Hit "Load File" and boot up your All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file. Click "Rehash and Resign," and you are done with Modio.

Make sure to repeat this process any time you make changes to your All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file.

Loading Edited Files Onto Your USB Device

For the final step, open USBXTAFGUI on your PC.

Open your USB drive, locate your old All-Pro Football 2K8 roster file and delete it.

Right-click on the empty space where your old roster file was previously, choose "Inject" and load your new roster file.

Close USBXTAFGUI, remove your USB device from your PC, and you are now ready to go play some All-Pro Football 2K8.

Member Comments
# 61 bdolan33 @ 05/11/11 05:42 PM
Question I rally need answered. I have 8 created teams, but for some reason the game only recongizes the edits made for the first 2 teams. For those first 2, all the generics abilities show up, etc. For the other teams, legends have their ability edits, but generics have no abilities showing up, and it seems that ratings arent taking effect. Help?

# 62 K1Stones @ 05/11/11 08:02 PM
Hey I want to give a shout out to Finn, thanks a lot man for making this thing. I know it must having taken a lot of hard work and $. I used hex before, but I can see the potential in this thing for people that hex was a little over there head. The Editor is great, but I think it may need a little work. I am having a lot of the same problems I am reading that other people are having. I have 8 teams that I previously edited with hex, and only the players on 1 of them are showing up in the Editor. The generic's abilities and ratings show up. The legend players on my team's ratings show up, but the abilities do not. I had previously edited and changed the players abilities with hex but the players default abilities are showing up. My CAPs abilities and ratings are showing up. But most of the players on the 7 other teams that I have aren't even showing up. A few of them are there, but most of them aren't. For example, I have a Barry Sanders on 5 different teams, and only 2 of them show up in the editor. (And believe me I know how to search.) I thought maybe this was because there is hex in my roster messing it up so I tried I different a few rosters without hex and the same thing happened. Players from many teams were missing and they were only showing up for 1 or 2 teams. And when you edit a player you edit the one that you choose when are creating a new team (out of the whole big pool of players), so if you edit him a certain way, you may not want him like that if you make another team later. For example if you make Jerry Rice Bronze instead of Gold with Deep Threat, with 99 speed, 95 agility, 95 jumping, and all different ratings and draft him to your team, he will stay like that if you create another team later he won't be a Gold anymore, and there is no way to reset him. The goal is to find the Jerry Rice already on your team and edit him, but there is no way to find him since most teams players aren't showing up in the editor. It doesn't sound like I am the only one having this problem I see a lot of other people writing the same thing. The PC Editor is great, I really can't believe how good it is, I couldn't have come close to making one this good, but I do think it may need some work. Is there anyone out there that has all the players from all there teams with all the correct abilities and ratings showing up in there editor? Or is there something I am not doing or doing wrong? Or is it just the Editor? Sorry if I sound like I am complaining. Much respect and appreciation to Finn for creating this thing! For Real

# 63 footballmac @ 05/16/11 05:08 AM
Wondering if this is worth using or if it is as "buggy" as what I am reading. Seems as if people are still using the HEX over this...?

Thanks,
Footballmac

# 64 badasp83 @ 05/16/11 06:07 PM
You still need hex if you want to edit generics' names & other things.

# 65 kromo50 @ 05/17/11 01:16 PM
So are we able to make a roster save and share it after editing is done like on NFL2k5??

# 66 BMC99 @ 05/17/11 07:06 PM
i know that!

# 67 tophower33 @ 05/17/11 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMizzle
If you are familiar with RateSports and what they do. Yes you can share your files via uploading them to megaupload or something like that. I'm currently trying to complete my Tennessee Titans file. Soon as their done I'll put them up online.

Also with FlyingFinn's program you will still need the Hex editor to create and edit the generics around. Its really cool once you get the hang of it!! Just takes alot of time and effort.
doy you know how to change generics names

# 68 kromo50 @ 05/18/11 01:19 PM
Quote:
If you are familiar with RateSports and what they do. Yes you can share your files via uploading them to megaupload or something like that. I'm currently trying to complete my Tennessee Titans file. Soon as their done I'll put them up online.

Also with FlyingFinn's program you will still need the Hex editor to create and edit the generics around. Its really cool once you get the hang of it!! Just takes alot of time and effort.

THANK YOU SIR

# 69 kromo50 @ 05/18/11 01:25 PM
Quote:

THANK YOU SIR

# 70 jyoung @ 05/23/11 11:37 AM
If anyone's looking for a 40-man Titans roster, I finished one a few weeks ago that's available for download in the roster section of this forum.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=481082

# 71 kraze007 @ 05/23/11 12:47 PM
I am very interested in having an all gold team.
For someone that doesn't have all this crazy computer knowledge how can I do this? Help! I Hate Madden! Love All Pro!

# 72 badasp83 @ 05/24/11 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze007
I am very interested in having an all gold team.
For someone that doesn't have all this crazy computer knowledge how can I do this? Help! I Hate Madden! Love All Pro!
Easiest way is just go to page one. Download editor, usbxtafgui, either Modio or conCEPT. Then make team & 11 CAPS. Then change silvers & bronzes in editor to gold. There's instructions on first page.

# 73 bdolan33 @ 05/24/11 12:36 PM
Question I really need answered. I have 8 created teams, but for some reason the game only recongizes the edits made for the first 2 teams. For those first 2, all the generics abilities show up, etc....

# 74 tophower33 @ 05/26/11 02:28 PM
Does any one know how to change generics names

# 75 bdolan33 @ 05/26/11 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophower33
Does any one know how to change generics names
Until Finn releases an update to this editor, we cant do it through the edtior atm

# 76 iLLmatic @ 05/28/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolan33
Until Finn releases an update to this editor, we cant do it through the edtior atm
Any word on if he's working on an update?

# 77 badasp83 @ 05/29/11 11:31 PM
Has anyone tried editing existing generics with the editor & then using hex to make generics tier players & then putting them on another team? I tried it with some good generics (Romo/Lane/Hakim/Bush/Briggs). After I made them into tier players & loaded roster to 360. I tried getting them off off team. Couldn't get to all. So I made another team. Then deleted team they were on & viola there they are in Legend pool! So I now have a gold edited generic Romo & Bush. Silver Hakim & bronze Lane & Briggs. Also I edited few ratings too. Also played for a half & didn't freeze. haven't heard anyone's name called yet. So not sure if that's been effected yet.

# 78 rukus1 @ 06/07/11 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badasp83
Easiest way is just go to page one. Download editor, usbxtafgui, either Modio or conCEPT. Then make team & 11 CAPS. Then change silvers & bronzes in editor to gold. There's instructions on first page.

this will only get you 11 golds though. some people have entire rosters of non cap gold legends. how do they do that?????????

# 79 badasp83 @ 08/19/11 05:00 PM
Bumping.

# 80 drj32 @ 08/29/11 12:21 AM
Hey badasp (or anyone else that sees this),
is it possible to create 32 teams FOR ONE LEAGUE in either hex or finn's editor for APF?
If so, which?

I am thinking of doing an all time best roster for all 32 teams.
I don't want to bother with a season unless I can get 32 teams created with 22 players per team to play against each other...
please let me know.
thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.