Home
Feature Article
NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

With launch right around the corner, the NHL 12 demo is almost here! The highly anticipated demo will be available through Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network beginning August 23. The demo will feature access to three modes: Play Now, Be A Pro, and Hockey Ultimate Team. In Play Now, relive the emotion of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals as the game inserts you into the third period of a match-up between the Boston Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks -- will you embrace history or rewrite it?

In the Revamped Be A Pro mode, play as your created pro –- earn every shift on the ice with stellar play, big hits, and spectacular goals. Simulate the action to your next shift! New to NHL 12 is the ability to sim through the time you’re on the bench. Don’t worry about missing out on the action –- the EA SPORTS Action Tracker will track and present every major event that takes place on the ice, so you know exactly what the situation is when you get back onto the ice.

Last but definitely not least, play Hockey Ultimate Team -- the largest online dynasty ever! Earn up to two HUT card packs for NHL 12 by playing the mode, and earn an additional HUT card pack by inviting a friend to try the NHL 12 demo.

With three modes, over 300 gameplay refinements and NHL 12’s hat-trick of innovations -- all-new Anticipation AI, the Full Contact Physics Engine including Net Battles and All-New Dynamic Goalies -- we hope you’ll enjoy the NHL 12 demo!

NHL 12 hits retailers on September 13 in North America and September 9 in Europe.

NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tabulaRasa @ 08/15/11 03:41 AM
HUT rocks. More dynamic plays too, and using more of the rosters.

# 22 mrclutch @ 08/15/11 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
I can see that, but what makes HUT appealing to me is not the online portion at all. I mostly played it offline last year, and it really is a fun way to play the game outside of the more normal modes. And this year you can play a friend, so that will be the only online play with HUT.

I think of it as a really fun strategy game. I feel more attached to my HUT team than I ever did to my Be A Pro guy. The Madden devs wish they could assemble an UT mode as good as the NHL guys have created.
on the Ultimate Team can anyone share so light on how the style is different form the Madden Ultimate Team?

# 23 Mikey88 @ 08/22/11 02:50 PM
bump lol seems like there's 0 hype for the demo. It's a little too quiet around here. Anybody out there gettin geeked up to play the demo like me?

# 24 mazinkaiser @ 08/22/11 03:17 PM
Isn't the demo out tomorrow morning for xbox live guys and in the afternoon for psn users? I'll check at midnight, but I think the demo is never out at midnight.

# 25 gopher_guy @ 08/22/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
bump lol seems like there's 0 hype for the demo. It's a little too quiet around here. Anybody out there gettin geeked up to play the demo like me?
Yes!! Will it be on XBL at midnight??

# 26 Mikey88 @ 08/22/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus
The only damper is that Deus ex comes out tonight, too.

Otherwise, heck yeah! I'm ready for the demo.
lol never heard of it but I'm guessing its an RPG hehe

# 27 Mikey88 @ 08/22/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Yes!! Will it be on XBL at midnight??
lol seriously at what time do they usually release the demos?

# 28 DStars15 @ 08/22/11 03:51 PM
Looking forward to the demo! First thing I'll do tomorrow morning is boot up the xbox and give it a go.

# 29 Mikey88 @ 08/22/11 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
This is going off of memory so I may be wrong, but I believe MS releases them at midnight PST so 3am EST (I'm east coast) PSN is usually between 4pm and 7pm EST. Your time zone may vary obviously. Anyone who can correct me feel free as well.

At any rate, looking forward to see the AI in action. Hope the sliders are unlocked again this year.
Yeah that's true and hopefully they added a glass breaking slider to boot. Also, I'm thinking there are many that wont have Xbox Live Gold so i will capture a few vids from my phone and upload them. I remember not having a subscription a year or 2 ago and having to wait 1 week to try it.

# 30 Bolts_26 @ 08/22/11 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I really, really, really, really hope they didn't overdo the helmets popping off and glass shattering. I don't want this to feel like NHL Hitz

I don't even think it should be in the game. What does glass shattering add to this game?

I mean, how often does it happen in real life? Once, maybe twice a season??? So once or twice in like 150,000 minutes of hockey some glass shatters. Doesn't seem like something that's a very vital thing to add. I hope they didn't spend much time doing it. And hopefully we don't see it every 3rd or 4th game...
Kurtis Foster broke about 5 or 6 sheets of glass when he played for Tampa. But then Owner Jeff Vinik went out and bought new glass.

# 31 Vikes1 @ 08/22/11 05:20 PM
Quote:
Yeah I agree. It is quieter around here than the last few years. I think because we really haven't seen much of anything video wise, to get excited or concerned about.

But anyway....I'm really looking forward to the demo! Can't wait to give it a try.

# 32 gopher_guy @ 08/22/11 05:24 PM
Quote:
lol seriously at what time do they usually release the demos?
I don't know. I would assume at midnight, but I'm not entirely sure.

# 33 Mikey88 @ 08/22/11 05:45 PM
Quote:
Yeah that's a major reason why I switched to PS3. As much as I like features like party and cross game chat, that extra 50 a year for live just wasn't worth it to me in the end.
wow 50? i paid $30. It comes out to about $2.50 per month, well worth it IMO.
Anyway, back to NHL 12 demo - The first thing i'm going to look for is better passing, see if the puck bounces off goaltenders a little more realistically and i'm hoping to see better real time collisions between players. You?

# 34 crobert0247 @ 08/22/11 06:21 PM
I'd like to run the crease and see how the net dislodges first. I'll also check out the subtle new turn animations, sample the passing/ shooting, monitor the upgraded physics, check for anything new, try to break the glass once or twice on some boarding or charging calls, knock Chara's helmet off trying to get him in the bench, and see the new additions to be a pro, among other things. I'm a SIM player in real life.

# 35 The_Wraith420 @ 08/22/11 06:33 PM
Usually Xbox Marketplace updates at 5am EST on Tuesday morning PS3 is usually Tuesday evening after 5pm EST...hope that helps

# 36 Mikey88 @ 08/22/11 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wraith420
Usually Xbox Marketplace updates at 5am EST on Tuesday morning PS3 is usually Tuesday evening after 5pm EST...hope that helps
ok so some say 3am EST, others like you say 5am.. whatever the case is, i will be up a little earlier than usual tomorrow morning hehe

# 37 gopher_guy @ 08/22/11 07:41 PM
Quote:
I'm hoping all these player traits actually work as advertised and there's more distinction between players.
This is my biggest hope.

FIFA does a great job at this. I re-created a World Cup Tournament on FIFA 11 that I am playing through right now. When I play Brazil, their forwards are extremely flashy with the ball, and use tons of skill moves to get around me. Just like they do in real life.

When I play Spain, they pass the ball like crazy, using some precision passing to open up opportunities for Villa and Torres. Just like they do in real life.

The same cannot be said for the NHL series of years past. Let's hope that changed this year!

# 38 crobert0247 @ 08/22/11 11:31 PM
Quote:
Yeah I've been off live for a year or so now, so my estimation could be off. I remember it being early morning at the very least. hehe Least I was spot on with the PS3 not that it helps you personally since you're on the Xbox. I try at least!
I think you're in the the right *Realm* of time or pretty close.

# 39 gopher_guy @ 08/22/11 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobert0247
I think you're in the the right *Realm* of time or pretty close.

# 40 Mikey88 @ 08/23/11 12:36 AM
Quote:
Yeah I've been off live for a year or so now, so my estimation could be off. I remember it being early morning at the very least. hehe Least I was spot on with the PS3 not that it helps you personally since you're on the Xbox. I try at least!
hehehe good stuff! I just checked now (12:29 EST) no sign of it just yet. I guess its bed time for me, and i will get it first thing when i wake up.
so if madden gets a demo podcast show, what does NHL get?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.