Home
Feature Article
Five Ways To Make Madden 12 Last One More Week

1. Run a team into the ground

Presumably, the goal of Franchise Mode is to turn a team into a long-term contender. But why not try to do the reverse: create an absolutely horrible team that’s bad enough to go 0-16. It’s not hard to make a team bad in the first year of a Franchise; all you have to do is cut every talented starter. The resulting cap penalties from doing so, though, could make the team pretty much unusable in year two. Instead, try creating a bad team that’s financially stable. Simulate all your games and see how long you can make their losing streak go.

2. Create some impossible players

Think of the way you prefer to play the game and then create some fictional players that fit your style perfectly. Try out some fun player profiles like 6’10” wideouts with 99 jumping ability or 350 pound bowling balls at halfback. Push the limits of the game’s physics and see if you can create the most dominant player ever.

In Madden NFL 12, Tim Tebow is still a Bronco after all.

3. Win a game without passing then without running an offensive play.

By this point, if you’re still playing last year’s Madden, you probably can beat the CPU with little or no effort. But what if you remove half your playbook and don’t let yourself throw the ball? All of a sudden, it’s not so easy, as the CPU (or your human opponent) begins to pick up on the patterns you’re using and to realize that there’s no need to defend the pass. For an even greater challenge, try winning without running a play from scrimmage – you’ll need to rely on your defense and return teams to generate points, or hope that you gain possession of the ball in field goal range.

4. Conduct a fantasy draft with a theme

The fantasy draft at the beginning of Franchise Mode is a little-used feature that offers some entertainment potential. Try drafting only rookies or the oldest available player at the position you’re drafting. Tallest, shortest, heaviest, lightest – use your imagination, come up with a fun drafting criterion, and see what kind of team you can put together.

5. Play an even older Madden game

Every used video game store should have a large stack of old Madden games that cost no more than a dollar or two. For the same price as renting a movie, you can get a few hours of entertainment out of exploring Madden’s past. Find an old version with the maddening (no pun intended) weightlifting mini-game, or go back to when Jamarcus Russell was still useful. Plus, it’s a good reminder that as much as we complain about a lack of progress in the series, things do change.

Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/21/12 04:39 PM
Making Jamarcus Russell a Hall of Famer would be really funny. I don't even think I'd could go a season without pulling him.

# 2 NDAlum @ 08/21/12 05:49 PM
Too late...

# 3 huskerwr38 @ 08/21/12 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Too late...

I traded my Madden 12 game in to Best Buy for $8 bucks! You could have had $8!

# 4 JaymeeAwesome @ 08/21/12 06:37 PM
Do a fantasy draft and make both offensive and defensive starting lineups have men named Johnson...

# 5 NDAlum @ 08/21/12 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I traded my Madden 12 game in to Best Buy for $8 bucks! You could have had $8!
It was worth $8 to break the POS

# 6 PackerBacker123 @ 08/21/12 08:38 PM
Quote:
Too late...

haha, i did this with mw3

# 7 MMan @ 08/21/12 08:46 PM
lol mine will last another whole year!! Until they fix the new engine and add normal things like fantasy draft and import draft class. Madden 12 will do just fine! ;

# 8 Dime nR @ 08/21/12 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
lol mine will last another whole year!! Until they fix the new engine and add normal things like fantasy draft and import draft class. Madden 12 will do just fine! ;
Shakin' my head.

# 9 HadlerT @ 08/21/12 10:20 PM
Great idea, I traded it in last week. got a good 8 bucks

# 10 Tweeg @ 08/21/12 10:24 PM
I had a hard time making Madden 12 last more than a couple of weeks when it came out in the first place.

# 11 Cincidude12 @ 08/21/12 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
I just got Madden 12 a few weeks ago, for $10. I love it. I'll be playing this all year.
Madden '13 is going to be vastly better.

# 12 goduke30 @ 08/21/12 10:40 PM
Quote:
Too late...

that madden 12 had a family to support dammit

# 13 PGaither84 @ 08/21/12 11:07 PM
Here is my list:

Build a custom a playbook
Start an offline co-op franchise with a friend
Customize the roster before you start that franchise.
Make it a Fantasy Draft
Play games not on your team's schedule in your franchise.
Edit players on your team, or others. Equipment, numbers what ever.

# 14 Mister_G @ 08/21/12 11:38 PM
Sounds semi-interesting. Too bad I sold my copy of 12 for $12 yesterday.

# 15 onac22 @ 08/21/12 11:55 PM
HA 12 for $15 two days ago.

# 16 Schreck11 @ 08/22/12 12:37 AM
I decided to do a fantasy draft and draft the "All-Speed" team. and here are the results

Player (speed)

QB:
Michael Vick (91)
Brad Smith (92)
Terrelle Pryor (90)

HB:
Darren Mcfadden (97)
Reggie Bush (96)
Jerious Norwood (95)

WR:
Desean Jackson (100)
Devin Hester (98)
Jacoby Ford (98)
Brandon Banks (96)
Trindon Holliday (97)

TE:
Greg Olson (87)

CB:
Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie (98)
Fabian Washington (98)

FS:
Danieal Manning (96)

SS:
Taylor Mays (95)

# 17 raiderphantom @ 08/22/12 01:21 AM
I still love my madden 12 franchise. I suspect ill be playing both games for a while.

# 18 raiderphantom @ 08/22/12 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Maybe for you. Not for me. For me, there's too little editing available.
Don't be so pessimistic. There's always the chance EA got everything perfect and editing wont be necessary

No but in all seriousness I'm excited for the new game but I dont honestly believe twitter feeds and backstories are going to outdo the editing that was available last year. It wasn't perfect but Madden 12 gave us the ability to correct many of the mistakes that madden always comes with every year.

Even if there's no editing I really hope there are at least custom sliders in CCM.

# 19 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 08/22/12 01:45 AM
Wait... People still play M12..... Damn.

# 20 WeBB15 @ 08/22/12 01:56 AM
Thanks for this.

Just reminded me to trade in a bunch of games I never play anymore, and seeing as I'm low on money right now, this thread is perfect timing. I stopped playing madden in January, so Ill take anything I can get for it.

I think Gamestop is having a 30% bonus to games towards preording Madden too.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.