Home
Feature Article
Coolest Character Creations in WWE '13

As is the norm in WWE releases these days, there's a fairly robust set of downloadable wrestlers created by the community in WWE 13. Whether it's legends, omitted current stars or grapplers from other promotions, WWE 13 looks to be continuing the trend of unique DLC wrestlers from the community. As always, there is some variance in the quality, but you can always use the filters to find specific content or stuff that's rating highly in the community. In the meantime, here's a list of some of the best characters to check out so far.

1) Kurt Angle

This version of Kurt Angle is pretty solid, complete with multiple ring attires and a gold medal around his neck. It's too bad they didn't leave 'The Patriot” theme music in the game, as his entrance would be complete at that point. It's fun to sport the “It's True” t-shirt, and the character animates with appropriate Kurt Angle taunts, including his little step move with his arms going out to the side. And of course, the Angle Slam and ankle lock finishers are in there.

2) Rob Van Dam

This is a pretty good RVD creation, as the taunts, outfit and music are all pretty close. He has the “double thumbs” taunt, of course, and moves like Rolling Thunder and the Five-Star Frog Splash are present and accounted for. He also fights with the appropriate amount of kicks, hurricanranas and crappy RVD punches. The face isn't the best, but overall the character is on point.

3) Andre the Giant

Thanks to the increased emphasis on big men this year, a wrestler like Andre looks appropriately proportioned, and the face on this community creation is pretty good. His moves focus on Andre basics such as strikes to the back, slams and bearhugs. Kudos to the creator for making multiple ring attires, including Andre's retro '70s attire, complete with trunks and awesome afro.

4) Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

As a longstanding member of the Hart Foundation, "The Anvil" is represented with fairly good accuracy thanks to community creations. Since Bret Hart is featured heavily in this year's game, it basically provides most of Neidhart's costume, and his goatee also looks right. Most of his offense is of the power variety, including various slams and heavy shots.

5) Jushin “Thunder” Liger

One of New Japan Pro Wrestling's finest, Jushin “Thunder” Liger is created with almost perfect accuracy here. The multiple color schemes on his costumes are awesome, and the mask has a great level of detail. He has a snazzy cape in his entrance, and he fights with moves like the wheel kick, sit-out powerbomb and the superplex. Also fun that his entrance name is announced as Justin “Thunder” Tiger — as close as the creator could get it, I guess.

6) Doink the Clown

Why not celebrate one of the WWE's most prolific jobbers with this nearly spot-on visual representation of Doink the Clown? Obviously, this has a lot to do with the clothing options available in the character creation, but still, the character has been recreated in great detail, complete with green afro, accurate face pain, clown tie and big boots. His offense has lots of wind up punches and other moves like neckbreakers, which seems appropriate.

7) Yokozuna

Another well-create big man, Yokozuna looks perfect with his giant checkered robe and red sumo outfit. The face is pretty good, too, and his hair style matches up well from back in the day. Unfortunately, there's no Banzai drop to speak of, but Yokozuna uses belly-to-belly suplexes that accurately resemble those he used to slam the likes of the Undertaker back in the early '90s.

8) The Hurricane

Even though this guy is pretty much a footnote in WWE history, he has been created with surprisingly good detail here, including cape, face paint and taunts. His finisher is the shooting-star press, and his offense focuses on speed and aerial attacks. Too bad the awesome entrance music for him wasn't included, but what can you do.

9) D'Lo Brown

While the face on this D'Lo Brown creation isn't perfect, the multiple outfits (Nation of Domination, Euro Champ, Kevlar vest) make this worth checking out. He animates with the appropriate amount of arm-gesticulating and head-shaking, and he has signature moves like the “Sky High” powerbomb, goofy leg drop and the “Lo Down” frog splash.

10) The Iron Sheik

Complete with awesome mustache and traditional headwear, the Iron Sheik looks the part as he walks out to the ring. His offense focuses on much more traditional offense than many of the current-day stars, and he finishes the fight with his patented camel clutch.

WWE 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Union Carbine @ 11/28/12 04:18 PM
I noticed you don't give credit to anyone for their work. Are these all your creations?

# 2 Dprimetime21 @ 11/28/12 04:54 PM
i think these wrestlers all suck and their are way better ones. like sting big poppa pump scott hall hoolywood hogan goldberg. these wrestlers are all turds

# 3 CM Hooe @ 11/28/12 06:01 PM
Yokozuna's turnbuckle Banzai Drop finisher is in the game as a DLC Move; it's called the "Rump Shaker", it's executed in the corner, and I believe it's unlocked by downloading Rikishi.

# 4 Pezell04x @ 11/28/12 06:26 PM
There is definitely an RVD out there that look way better than this one.

Surprised there is no mention of Hogan, Warrior, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 5 Gramps91 @ 11/28/12 06:43 PM
I must say that Iron Sheik is spot on. WWE games always have great CAW modes.

# 6 SmashMan @ 11/28/12 08:15 PM
I like the idea of the article, but it could use some work if there will be more in the future.

- Listing the creator's name alongside the CAW is a must. Kind of defeats the purpose of highlighting them if there's no easy way to help the reader find these creations.

- Better photos. If the author doesn't have a cap card, that's fine - but I would try to get better photos than these. The Neidhart one is the worst (he's blinking, caught in motion blur, and doesn't showcase the attire the author mentions) but from the shakiness of photographing a televison, and the blown out whites, these aren't the greatest pics.

# 7 R9NALD9 @ 11/29/12 01:09 AM
The Kurt Angle I downloaded looks 100000 times better than the one listed above

# 8 Instant C1a55ic @ 11/29/12 09:13 AM
I got up to date themes for Kurt Angle! its under the wrestling section of the forums!

# 9 VAsPrince @ 11/29/12 09:25 AM
I think my creation on the Xbox 360 of the Japanese Legend Hayabusa is better than those! If THQ would just add a slash to the Creation Suite then you probably wouldn't be able to tell its a creation.

# 10 rynecandy @ 11/30/12 09:08 AM
If you go to You Tube and look up the channel for SmalkTalks, it highlights community creations (wrestlers & rings). It also gives you a link to their website and you can see all their stuff. I've been getting high quality creations from them and making the game bring back more memories from my youth.

# 11 acolbert @ 11/30/12 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
If you go to You Tube and look up the channel for SmalkTalks, it highlights community creations (wrestlers & rings). It also gives you a link to their website and you can see all their stuff. I've been getting high quality creations from them and making the game bring back more memories from my youth.
I tried searching for SmalkTalks and nothing came up am I doing something wrong? This is not one of those smart allic replies I just really would like to check the site out

# 12 Diesl @ 11/30/12 10:11 AM
i only "feel" the Iron Sheik, D'Lo & Doink(but Doink isn't that hard to create)

....Question to me is how "your ranking" works?
You choose guys about the body morph, attires or both?

Angle's attire is spot on, same with RVD but both esp. Angle's face is way off!
Anvil, looks more like Big Boss Man.
Yokuzuna's face morph is horrible, also to young.
Hurricane, Head morph isn't good too.
Andre, to young, face is off.
Liger, i don't feel him! Attire looks not correct, but mabye its a bad picture...

# 13 Bard @ 11/30/12 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
I tried searching for SmalkTalks and nothing came up am I doing something wrong? This is not one of those smart allic replies I just really would like to check the site out
http://caws.smacktalks.org/index.php?g=18&cat=1

# 14 acolbert @ 11/30/12 12:23 PM
Thanks man!

# 15 bigbob @ 11/30/12 12:46 PM
How dare you not like the same wrestler that everyone else likes! This list sucks because it doesn't have my favorite wrestler on it!

That's all I read from everyone else.

I love Jim Neidhart one. I think out of all of them, that's definitely my favorite. Although the Hurricane and D-Lo Brown one are also up there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.