Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K14 Euroleague Q&A

Q: You have a multi-year global partnership with 14 of the top teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague. What is the process in getting those teams signed and are there plans on signing the rest of the teams in the League?

A: We have a positive relationship with the Euroleague, and after seeing the widespread support for global basketball in London last summer, we worked to complete a mutual agreement to include some of the top teams in this year’s title. We then worked directly with Euroleague to capture the authenticity of each team, per our critical standards in the NBA 2K series. We’ll explore the possibility of adding more Euroleague teams in the future.

Q: Will each team have a complete authentic roster or will a few players not be included? If the rosters are incomplete, could they all be added before release?

A: There are 10 authentic players for each playable Euroleague team in NBA 2K14.

Q: Euroleague teams feature a different atmosphere during their games. Will the atmosphere be different from the NBA experience? Will we hear team chants, see flares, etc.?

A: The Euroleague atmosphere featured in NBA 2K14 will accurately capture fans’ enthusiasm and passion for global basketball.

Q: Will each Euroleague team have their own authentic Arena or will they be generic? Same question for player faces.

A: There will be one Euroleague arena that will include the home team’s branding on the court and proper Euroleague court dimensions.

Q: Are those the new generic shoes seen in the screenshots?

A: We’ll have more to share on shoes in the coming months for NBA 2K14.

Q: Is this simply a head-to-head matchup (offline/online) type of thing or will we see it implemented into other modes, like MyPlayer, MyCareer or Association? Maybe an unannounced feature tied into this coming down the line?

A: Right now, the integration of Euroleague in NBA 2K14 will be a head-to-head matchup for Exhibition and Online mode.

Q: With the addition of Euroleague, did any other teams have to be removed? We would hate to see Classic/Legend teams get removed. From what we understand, classic players were contracted from NBA 2K11 through NBA 2K13, has that been extended?

A: You’ll have to stick with us for future news around classic players, but we did not remove any teams as a direct effort to shoehorn Euroleague into NBA 2K14.

Q: Will we see the Euroleague teams on all consoles (current & next-gen) as well as on PC?

A: Yes.

Q: Will we see all of the Euroleague rules implemented? What about the 3 point line? Based off of the screenshots, it appears to be inaccurate.

A: The Euroleague court in game will reflect the proper and authentic Euroleague court dimensions in the final product.

Q: Do you have any information on D-League or Summer League?

A: Not at this time.

NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 vtcrb @ 07/09/13 03:42 PM
Will we be able to EDIT the Euroleague Teams, as far as Tendencies and Attributes go? I think that is what alot of people would like to know.

# 2 midwestking100 @ 07/09/13 03:47 PM
All I want to see is classic teams on next gen!

# 3 hawkfantn @ 07/09/13 03:59 PM
Couldn't care less about this. Bring back a more robust version of the classic teams. Not having Dr. J and Kareem this year sucked balls.

# 4 KyotoCarl @ 07/09/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
All I want to see is classic teams on next gen!
Then you're in the wrong thread

Sounds interesting but it's sucks it's been confirmed that this won't be integrated into MyCareer or Association.

# 5 RipCityAndy @ 07/09/13 04:08 PM
Did this QA irritate anyone else? It really seemed like a lot of question dodging and/or providing generic, vague answers. Some examples, the question about the shoes, the question about removing any classic teams, and the question about atmosphere.

This QA provided little information other than what we can see in the screenshots.

# 6 RipCityAndy @ 07/09/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl

Sounds interesting but it's sucks it's been confirmed that this won't be integrated into MyCareer or Association.
Agreed... seems similar to the "celebrity" team last year.

# 7 jersez @ 07/09/13 04:34 PM
I really wish the d-league and summer league make a return. I love playing with non-superstar players and getting a feel for a rookie's game.

# 8 LakersForLife @ 07/09/13 04:37 PM
Crew, nuff saud

# 9 KyotoCarl @ 07/09/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Did this QA irritate anyone else? It really seemed like a lot of question dodging and/or providing generic, vague answers. Some examples, the question about the shoes, the question about removing any classic teams, and the question about atmosphere.

This QA provided little information other than what we can see in the screenshots.
8 of the questions were answered with pretty straight-forward response. One was a bit vague and one he blatantly didn't want to talk about at this time.

Thought it was pretty informative. If you thought it was vague it might be because you are thinking you have to read things into everything 2K says.

# 10 OkayC @ 07/09/13 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy

He did seem to dodge some of the questions a little bit. To me he didn't seem to answer all the questions in there entirety. I wouldn't exactly say he was straight forward with all his answers, but he wasn't just leaving us completely clueless either on what he meant with most of his answers.

# 11 VDusen04 @ 07/09/13 05:29 PM
My favorite part of the article:
Quote:
Q: With the addition of Euroleague, did any other teams have to be removed? We would hate to see Classic/Legend teams get removed. From what we understand, classic players were contracted from NBA 2K11 through NBA 2K13, has that been extended?

A: You’ll have to stick with us for future news around classic players, but we did not remove any teams as a direct effort to shoehorn Euroleague into NBA 2K14.
I know it was said a few days earlier that classics would be returning. But I kind of thought it left the door open for some classics to be removed. It's nice to know that won't be the case. Big move for me.

Also, I know this is hopelessly optimistic, but my hope would be that "stick with us for future news around classic players" means there could be some more concerted effort to involving them in 2K (as opposed to just pasting from one edition to the next).

Quote:
8 of the questions were answered with pretty straight-forward response. One was a bit vague and one he blatantly didn't want to talk about at this time.

Thought it was pretty informative. If you thought it was vague it might be because you are thinking you have to read things into everything 2K says.
Not that it's a big deal, but it did kind of feel as though a lot of things were glazed over. Where a multi-tiered question was asked, often a singular and limiting answer was provided (ex: Q: Will the rosters be full? If not, can they be added before release? A: There will be 10 players per team). It's a clear answer, but maybe not a full one.

That said, I think we can all understand why this is done on certain answers. One, if the answer could be perceived as negative, avoiding a certain question is better than addressing it at this early point. And second, a few of the questions seemed to touch on areas that traditionally are held tight to the chest until specific info release weeks (Classics, shoes, Summer League).

# 12 RipCityAndy @ 07/09/13 05:40 PM
Quote:

I'm not sure I understand.
I respect if they say "we aren't ready to talk about that at this point." We are months away from release. However, when they agree to a Q&A regarding a recent feature announcement I would prefer if they didn't dodge questions or make them so generic to the point of being useless. Heck, hold off on the Q&A for a month until the answers can be more fully fleshed out.

# 13 drk3351 @ 07/09/13 05:47 PM
Quote:

Geez it's not a big deal if someone makes a slightly off topic comment.

# 14 4X49ER @ 07/09/13 06:09 PM
This should be a nice change of pace, glad to see 2K going forward as EA stagnates.

# 15 schnaidt1 @ 07/09/13 06:40 PM
the fact that euroleage is not going to be in association makes the entire implementation worthless. association mode has been left untouched since 2k11 and is growing stale and needs a massive overhaul and adding in the euro league could have done that. im very disappointed.

# 16 VDusen04 @ 07/09/13 06:41 PM
One more thought: a little bit of a bummer the Euroleague teams appear to be limited to head-to-head quick games at this point.

Also, though the answers weren't super thorough, I must say I do kind of appreciate their relatively subtle approach to the Euro revelation. It's a nice change of pace to steer away from what'd once become the standard hype mountain. This inclusion could have clearly been precluded by a sea of punny Tweets like, "Biggest 2K news in the world coming tomorrow. Retweet this 500,000 times or Eur only going to get a piece of the whole pie. You're going to be fiending foreignformation."

# 17 ffaacc03 @ 07/09/13 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
My favorite part of the article:I know it was said a few days earlier that classics would be returning. But I kind of thought it left the door open for some classics to be removed. It's nice to know that won't be the case. Big move for me.
Dont have the same positivism or dont quite understood the same as you tho ...

Quote:

As I saw it, the only thing clear is that inclussion of euro teams didnt cause removal of classic teams ... but classic teams may have been removed due to other non direct reasons ... in sum, the answer left the door still wide open for a restrictive/watered down version of classics.

Seriously hope to be proven wrong, but one thing I have learned about 2k is that if they dont answer it straight (they could just said no classics team have been removed, check further for details about classics ...), they either remove it, limit it or didnt put any emphasis on it (and considering the alternative, I would of been ok with just having all back again).

Anyways, looking forward to read, hear and see more anout the game.

# 18 savorysneaks @ 07/09/13 07:49 PM
i was really really hoping that Maybe MyPlayer mode you would be able to go overseas after you retire or before rookie season or whenever, also was hoping that the EuroLeague would coincide with the NBA season so maybe some players would come over for the Draft/Free Agency etc etc......

# 19 ItsOrangeBaby @ 07/09/13 08:46 PM
Wanted to see this implemented into the franchise mode and my player mode, but having a few euro league teams to run with online is atleast a start to bring the international game to video game again.

# 20 KyotoCarl @ 07/09/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Dont have the same positivism or dont quite understood the same as you tho ...

As I saw it, the only thing clear is that inclussion of euro teams didnt cause removal of classic teams ... but classic teams may have been removed due to other non direct reasons ... in sum, the answer left the door still wide open for a restrictive/watered down version of classics.

Seriously hope to be proven wrong, but one thing I have learned about 2k is that if they dont answer it straight (they could just said no classics team have been removed, check further for details about classics ...), they either remove it, limit it or didnt put any emphasis on it (and considering the alternative, I would of been ok with just having all back again).

Anyways, looking forward to read, hear and see more anout the game.
That's what I thought too. Guessing some teams have been removed, but they wouldn't have been removed just for the sake of removing. There's plenty of space on blu-ray discs (next gen) to hold them. If they were removed then it's because the money wasn't worth it probably. There are a few teams I personally could do without (like the 85 bucks) but I would've rather seen they expanded the classic teams.
Although, I can't think of any new features they could be apart of.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.