Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (10-29-14)

Hey everybody!

I wanted to share with you some info on roster updates in NBA 2K15. With the NBA season officially underway, the NBA 2K15 roster will be updated as frequently as possible to reflect what you see in the NBA on a nightly basis.

Since the launch of the game on October 7th, NBA 2K15 has seen roster updates every day during the week. Many of you probably have not noticed, as this year the roster is downloaded for you automatically.

Here are a few of the many changes that you might of missed over the past few weeks (unless you were paying very close attention):

Player Movement/Additions

All team rosters are 100% accurate based on opening day. Every player who made the team, is on their respective team. Some examples of players added include:

• JaKarr Sampson- PHI
  • K.J. McDaniels- PHI
  • Dwight Powell- BOS
  • Alex Kirk- CLE
  • Damien Inglis- MIL
  • Jarnell Stokes- MEM
  • Andre Dawkins- MIA
  • Eric Moreland- SAC
  • Travis Wear- NY
  • Jordan Clarkson- LAL
  • Devyn Marble- ORL
  • Cory Jefferson- BKN
  • Patric Young- NOP
  • Tarik Black- HOU
  • Clint Capela- HOU
  • Glenn Robinson III- MIN
  • Zoran Dragic- PHX
  • Joe Inglis- UTA
  • Kostas Papanikolaou- HOU

Accessory and Team Color updates

All accessories have been updated on a daily basis to represent the latest trends from their recent games. As we get into future updates I will list specific accessory changes made day to day, but to list all of the changes over the past few weeks would hurt your eyes to read, and my fingers to type :)

Head bands added for:

• Isaiah Thomas
  • Brandon Davies
  • Jerryd Bayless
  • Sebastian Telfair
  • Will Barton
  • Drew Gooden III

Head bands removed from:

• Damian Lillard
  • Anthony Morrow

Updated the accessory and headband colors for every team to match the most commonly used color combo for their different jerseys. Updated some of the teams shoe colors for different jerseys. Some of the examples include:

• Lakers home are sleeves are now White
  • Pistons Blue sleeve is now more vibrant
  • Wizards will now wear Red Sleeves at home and Navy on the road.
  • Nuggets now wearing black leg accessories at home and on the road. Away uniforms wear white socks
  • Mavs now wearing black socks on the road
  • Home alternate uniforms for the Cavs, Pacers, Thunder, Knicks are now using white socks/shoes and home accessory colors
  • Grizzlies away sleeves now navy blue. Alternate Light blue
  • Updated accessory colors for some of the classic teams, including the Showtime Lakers to blue

Shoe changes

Many players have had their shoe brand/model change since last season. The shoes that players wore in the preseason were reflected in roster updates over the past few weeks. Some examples of those changes include the following:

• LaMarcus Aldridge- Jordan
  • Nerlens Noel- UnderArmour
  • Jimmy Butler- Jordan
  • Wesley Johnson- Nike
  • Kyle Singler- Peak
  • Mario Chalmers- Nike
  • DeMarcus Cousins- Nike
  • DeMar Derozan- Nike
  • Shannon Brown- Jordan
  • Shawne Williams- Jordan
  • Kirk Hinrich- Adidas
  • Will Bynum- Peak
  • PJ Hairston- Under Armour
  • Enes Kanter- Under Armour
  • Courtney Lee- Nike
  • Damian Inglis- Nike
  • Jorge Gutierrez- Nike
  • Markel Brown- Nike
  • Donald Sloan- Nike
  • Damjan Rudez- Nike
  • Zoran Dragic- Nike
  • Grant Jerrett- Nike
  • Bruno Cabaclo- Nike

Tendency/Attribute changes

Due to the fact that it was the preseason, there were very limited tendency and attribute changes. The changes made were those to players that changed up their play style. An example of that is Enes Kanter, who attempted many more 3pt’s than he has in his entire career. He saw an increase in his 3pt tendency.

All of these changes were made prior to injuries being implemented in the “Official 2K Sports Roster” and can be found in the “Injury-Free Roster”. If you are interested in playing Quick Game without injuries, a new option has been added where you can download the “Injury-Free Roster”. In order to access that roster go to Options - Create Roster - Select “Injury-Free Roster” and save that roster locally.

In the update that came out this morning injuries and rotations were updated to reflect the start of the season:

Jersey # changes

• Joe Inglis #2

Players out with Injuries

• Jerami Grant
  • Joel Embiid
  • Michael Carter-Williams
  • Jason Richardson
  • Damien Inglis
  • Johnny O’Bryant
  • Vitor Faverani
  • Josh McRoberts
  • Andrea Bargnani
  • Ryan Kelly
  • Wayne Ellington
  • Steve Nash
  • Nick Young
  • Channing Frye
  • Victor Oladipo
  • Raymond Felton
  • C.J. Watson
  • Paul George
  • George Hill
  • David West
  • Jodie Meeks
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Tiago Splitter
  • Patty Mills
  • Jeremy Lamb
  • Kevin Durant
  • Reggie Jackson
  • Anthony Morrow
  • Mitch McGary
  • Bradley Beal

Starting lineups are as accurate as possible with the given projected depth charts. As more NBA games are played look for team’s rotations to be updated on a frequent basis

For those of you looking to create your own roster or edit the current one, the “Create Roster” feature has been updated to now allow you to click “The Official 2K Sports Roster” and you will receive the latest file.

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about some of the many changes that have been updated over the past few weeks. With each roster update I will include detailed notes as to what has changed from one update to the next. Please leave any feedback in regards to inaccuracies found in the update request thread that Steve created. I monitor that the thread frequently and a great a lot of the changes seen in the updates have come as a direct result of your amazing feedback.

Alright, now get out of here and go play some 2K!

-Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19)

NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Kgthadon22 @ 10/30/14 12:32 AM
I wonder if they will fix this for the current gen

# 42 smiley3 @ 10/30/14 12:53 AM
What about updating haircuts through the season!

# 43 GSWarriors9 @ 10/30/14 01:58 AM
This is great news. Nice write up as well! I have a few accessory changes/updates I've seen with the Warriors.

Festus Ezeli- remove ankle braces on both ankles and add a knee sleeve on his right knee.
Marreese Speights- add arm sleeve to left arm.
Leandro Barbosa- add arm sleeve to left arm, remove calf sleeve and small band.
Brandon Rush- add small band to left forearm.
Andre Iguodala- Change shoe to Nike Zoom Crusader. He wore the Crusader's a lot last season and Iggy generally sticks to wearing low top shoes.
Justin Holiday- add compression pants.

Hope this helps out!

# 44 TheLambOfDeth @ 10/30/14 02:04 AM
Still no Kobe hi-tops or Lebron XIIs?

# 45 GSWarriors9 @ 10/30/14 02:13 AM
Also can you look into changing Klay Thompson's release timing to "Quick". He gets his shot off very quickly in real life and I think that shot release time makes his shot look and feel a little more realistic, similar to his shot in 2K14. Thank you!

# 46 crbiery @ 10/30/14 02:18 AM
Why can't i download the latest update for ps3? When i download the most updated 2k roster from 2kShare then load it, it comes up with the original roster that the game came with. VERY FRUSTRATED!

# 47 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/30/14 02:33 AM
This is the first time in nearly 15 years the Mavs are wearing black socks and shoes.

# 48 swishfury @ 10/30/14 03:56 AM
Sad I have to restart MyGM to have these work.

# 49 geezy @ 10/30/14 03:58 AM
2K has a roster guy! Great job bro really looking forward 2 ur updates 1st one was awesome, keep it up!

# 50 heartluv @ 10/30/14 04:57 AM
how to download this update?

# 51 Dejzi @ 10/30/14 05:57 AM
I also can`t update the rosters on current gen. I download it, but nothing changes & no missing players are added. I hope that they fix this soon.

# 52 raidertiger @ 10/30/14 06:13 AM
Will the player pictures be updated? That would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 53 Eaglerock562 @ 10/30/14 07:06 AM
It's nice to see that the people who own and PS3/360 paid $60 just like everyone else, but yet the PS3/360 users are getting the absolute worst type of respect and communication back from anyone at 2K. How 2K can post 3 roster updates for the 360 and the 10/15, 10/28 & 10/29 roster updates be EXACTLY the same, no player movement, nothing. Let me demonstrate how bad it is for the PS3/360 users. Go to the Houston Rockets and notice that Jason Terry is on their roster because he was traded there, but then scroll down 3-4 players and you will find Alonzo Gee (the player that Terry was traded for) on the same team roster. I mean really? Is that the type of commitment PS3/360 users have to be subjected to after 2K robs them of $60 for a game that to me is not at all finished, but I would venture to say it wasn't even worked on. All they did was create new issues that everyone has to deal with ontop of existing issues. What I find very alarming is from this thread is that you mean to tell me that for years in the past 2K was able to put missing players into the roster set this quickly? Players without guaranteed contracts can be put in the roster set this soon? I mean if they are doing it now, they could've been doing this every year. See I have a huge issue when I'm told something and then it doens't happen. Shouldn't have been said in the first place. Sorry 2K, but you have forced me into a corner and I'm going LIVE when I get my XBOX ONE next month.

# 54 Walt Frazier @ 10/30/14 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Nice job! Though I guess I was wasting my time the numerous times I posted pics of Larry Sanders and the goggles he'll be wearing from now on.

out.

Pretty sure one of the devs said they can't add goggles to a player...would need to do the whole scan again etc.

# 55 Dejzi @ 10/30/14 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
It's nice to see that the people who own and PS3/360 paid $60 just like everyone else, but yet the PS3/360 users are getting the absolute worst type of respect and communication back from anyone at 2K. How 2K can post 3 roster updates for the 360 and the 10/15, 10/28 & 10/29 roster updates be EXACTLY the same, no player movement, nothing. Let me demonstrate how bad it is for the PS3/360 users. Go to the Houston Rockets and notice that Jason Terry is on their roster because he was traded there, but then scroll down 3-4 players and you will find Alonzo Gee (the player that Terry was traded for) on the same team roster. I mean really? Is that the type of commitment PS3/360 users have to be subjected to after 2K robs them of $60 for a game that to me is not at all finished, but I would venture to say it wasn't even worked on. All they did was create new issues that everyone has to deal with ontop of existing issues. What I find very alarming is from this thread is that you mean to tell me that for years in the past 2K was able to put missing players into the roster set this quickly? Players without guaranteed contracts can be put in the roster set this soon? I mean if they are doing it now, they could've been doing this every year. See I have a huge issue when I'm told something and then it doens't happen. Shouldn't have been said in the first place. Sorry 2K, but you have forced me into a corner and I'm going LIVE when I get my XBOX ONE next month.
And there are also 3 players missing on the Houston roster: Papanikolaou, Dorsey & Capela.. BS :-S

# 56 heelphreak @ 10/30/14 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
Hopefully that works out for you. I got to play live for a couple hours yesterday and was thoroughly unimpressed.

# 57 JwP23 @ 10/30/14 08:35 AM
If Mike's gonna rate the players correctly without any bias, there's gonna be a lot of ratings changed/dropped.

# 58 ultralow36 @ 10/30/14 08:51 AM
@eaglerock.....let me get this right because of the way 2k is with rosters on a 9yr old console you will get live on your xbox one when you get it in nov...yet pass up the better game on xbox 1 .....btw live is below avg at best...good luck.....

# 59 DBMcGee3 @ 10/30/14 09:02 AM
Wow, sounds like they are doing a better job keeping up this year. Nice work, 2k!

# 60 mikookim29 @ 10/30/14 09:03 AM
what about kobe 9 high-top? in edit player that i should do wear it to kobe bryant i love to see kobe bryant wearing his new kobe 9 high-top in the game p

pls pls.... update this shoes

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.