Home
Feature Article
MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

Earlier we posted the top rated players at each position for MLB 15 The Show, below are the top rated players for each team.

MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Cavicchi @ 03/08/15 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
So what are you arguing? That Stanton should be faster or Hamilton's steal ability should be lower. They dont play on the same team. They dont face the same catchers every game. Hamilton plays against Molina. I have no clue what catchers are in the NL East,. But they arent as good as Molina. And its not up to the catcher alone. When Hamilton is on base. Pitchers are going to be throwing more FBs compared to win Stanton is on.

Eric Hosmer stole 16 bases in 2012 and was only caught 1 times. No way in hell his steal ability should be higher than Hamilton's.
Have I said Stanton's steal ability should be higher than Hamilton's? No.

You didn't answer my question. You want to use minor league stats for all players with just one full year in the majors?

# 102 HozAndMoose @ 03/08/15 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Have I said Stanton's steal ability should be higher than Hamilton's? No.

You didn't answer my question. You want to use minor league stats for all players with just one full year in the majors?
I edited my last post with that. Not sure why im arguing that anyway. I dont think Hamilton should be 99. But he should at least be 90.

My point in getting into this was you are comparing Hamilton and Stanton for no reason. Just because Hamilton got caught 23 times and Stanton only once doesnt mean Stanton should be faster than 57 or Hamilton lower than 99 steal ability.

And then you brought up SB% and when nomo countered that you completely dismissed SB%.

# 103 countryboy @ 03/08/15 07:53 PM

# 104 HozAndMoose @ 03/08/15 07:56 PM
Jarrod Dyson should have 99 steal ability though. And whoever does KC for OSFM. Terrance Gore should have 100 somehow.

# 105 Cavicchi @ 03/08/15 08:05 PM
Quote:
I edited my last post with that. Not sure why im arguing that anyway. I dont think Hamilton should be 99. But he should at least be 90.

My point in getting into this was you are comparing Hamilton and Stanton for no reason. Just because Hamilton got caught 23 times and Stanton only once doesnt mean Stanton should be faster than 57 or Hamilton lower than 99 steal ability.

And then you brought up SB% and when nomo countered that you completely dismissed SB%.
I agree with you!

# 106 Jays20593 @ 03/08/15 10:11 PM
How is Marcus Stroman at least not a high 70, yet Sanchez is an 81????

# 107 CaseIH @ 03/09/15 01:39 AM
Quote:

I agree Billy Hamilton shouldn't have a 99 in steal ability, 90 is probably right, hopefully he improves that this yr. He should however have a 99 in speed, considering he is the fastest guy in baseball. Probably should be 3 guys with 99 speed Dyson, and Gore on KC, but they should both have higher stealing ability than Billy has at the moment. There is a kid in the White Sox organization that I cant remember his name at the moment is very fast, as is Dee Gordon.

# 108 PattyIce @ 03/09/15 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
littering and?
littering and?
littering and?

and smoking the reefer!!

# 109 Cavicchi @ 03/09/15 09:56 AM
McCutchen has a 99 for contact versus LHP. The splits for 2012-2014 are great .357 but for 2014 not so great .280 Thus, I am not so sure he deserves a 99 for LHP, especially if that last year, 2014, has 50% weight.

# 110 jcmreds @ 03/09/15 10:23 AM
7 of Hamilton's 23 CS were do to pickoff moves. Once he learns to get a better read on pitchers, and starts picking better pitches to steal on he'll improve. There's also the possibility of Votto batting behind him this year which should do nothing but help.

I think most of his high rating is due to his defense which imo is elite and GG caliber.

# 111 mitchmest @ 03/09/15 03:04 PM
Does anyone know if there is a stream today?

# 112 Bat @ 03/09/15 03:13 PM
James Paxton C potential? He is going to be special.

# 113 CaseIH @ 03/09/15 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmreds
7 of Hamilton's 23 CS were do to pickoff moves. Once he learns to get a better read on pitchers, and starts picking better pitches to steal on he'll improve. There's also the possibility of Votto batting behind him this year which should do nothing but help.

I think most of his high rating is due to his defense which imo is elite and GG caliber.

I look for Billy Hamilton to make improvement everywhere in his game this yr. He definitely was deserving of a GG last yr in CF, and Im sure he will even improve the more he plays out there, he hasn't been a Out Fielder very long, so it was impressive how good he was out there. He just needs to get use to reading pitchers better and his Stolen base success will rise drastically with how fast he is. He found out its not quite as easy at the Big League level even with his speed.

# 114 TattooedEvil @ 03/10/15 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
James Paxton C potential? He is going to be special.
I'm sure his injury was the reason behind that but I bet that C is a 79 potential....one solid season and it prob jumps to mid 80s....he's not a 90+ guy tho. sorry. He'll def play like one tho with most of those ballparks in the West being pitchers parks.

# 115 nomo17k @ 03/10/15 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I have no idea why you guys are arguing about steal ability when the game also has steal aggressiveness.

How often does a player run? A lot, well they get a high agressiveness rating. Are they caught at a relatively high percentage? Yes? Well, then they should receive an appropriate rating for steal ability.
That's exactly what the aggressiveness rating is for, but it probably still doesn't completely express the nature of stealing...

... for example a sneaky base stealer who does not attempt a steal often but does so successfully when he does. It's easy to give him a very high BR Ability and low BR Aggressiveness, but BR Aggressiveness (to my knowledge) doesn't really affect user-controlled player.

So when such a player is user controlled, he can be turned into a prolific base stealer... which probably isn't ideal.

Who knows what BR Aggressiveness does to user-controlled runners, but if you take the in-game description of the attribute at its faith value, I think BR Ability tries to factor in this effect by reflecting the ability to steal repeatedly, even when the defense is alert.

A high BR Ability player can maintain a relatively high steal success rate even when he keeps stealing and when the defense is alert. A relatively low BR Ability player can occasionally attempt to steal successfully when the defense isn't expecting, but if he tries to many times, he won't steal successfully.

That's just my guess from the in-game description though.

# 116 MrOldboy @ 03/10/15 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
That's exactly what the aggressiveness rating is for, but it probably still doesn't completely express the nature of stealing...

... for example a sneaky base stealer who does not attempt a steal often but does so successfully when he does. It's easy to give him a very high BR Ability and low BR Aggressiveness, but BR Aggressiveness (to my knowledge) doesn't really affect user-controlled player.

So when such a player is user controlled, he can be turned into a prolific base stealer... which probably isn't ideal.

Who knows what BR Aggressiveness does to user-controlled runners, but if you take the in-game description of the attribute at its faith value, I think BR Ability tries to factor in this effect by reflecting the ability to steal repeatedly, even when the defense is alert.

A high BR Ability player can maintain a relatively high steal success rate even when he keeps stealing and when the defense is alert. A relatively low BR Ability player can occasionally attempt to steal successfully when the defense isn't expecting, but if he tries to many times, he won't steal successfully.

Does speed not come into play when a user is controlling a runner?

Say a high ability runner with average speed tries to steal. Will they be more successful than a average ability runner with high speed?

I'm speaking more towards sim stats, but I think that there is a balance there than can be achieved. For someone like Hamilton I hope that giving him a lower ability, high agg, high speed balances out to where the sim stats are realistic in that he attempts a lot, but not at a very high success rate. But also for user controlled situations where he would get caught by the CPU at a similar rate.

The same goes for a slower, but higher ability runner. If they are slow I'd hope that in game they get caught if a user is trying to steal with them constantly.

# 117 geisterhome @ 03/10/15 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan17
Max Scherzer is overrated as is Tanaka.

Why does Delabar have a higher overall than Loup and Cecil?

Thank god for OFSM
OFSM rosters are great but they don't change ratings so what is your point??

# 118 MrOldboy @ 03/10/15 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
OFSM rosters are great but they don't change ratings so what is your point??
This year they will be combining efforts with the hybrid roster crew so MLB edits.

But either way I expect Scherzer to be rated very highly relative to other SP's as he is one of the best pitchers in all of baseball, top 3 over the last 3 years, so he deserves to be rated as such in any roster IMO.

# 119 redsox4evur @ 03/10/15 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan17
Yeah, they do.
Depends on the roster you use...the stock OSFM rosters do not. The hybrid rosters on the other hand do change the ratings.

# 120 HozAndMoose @ 03/10/15 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k

I assume there isnt. But The Show usually has something for everyone. Is there a way to have runners attempt steal on the own? Without having base running set to auto?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.