Home
Feature Article
MLB 15 The Show: Year-to-Year Saves

Well, after decades of waiting it's finally here: year to year saves.

Last year, when SCEA announced year-to-year saves, gamers rejoiced. It's tough making it through an 82-game season in NBA 2K. But hell, try playing 162 games! Year-to-year saves allows games to never lose their invested time into the teams and players they love. And now that MLB 15 The Show is here, we can at long last enjoy the new feature. Will it live up to the hype?

To be honest, when starting up my old Mariners franchise from MLB 14, I wasn't too thrilled. I was still in first place -- Cano still had 27 homers at the All-Star Break. The best part? If you used Knight's rosters, then the minor league farm systems also transfered. One item to note, though, is if a player is no longer a part of the MLB Player's Association, he will not be in the game or year-to-year saves. But I was itching to get Nelson Cruz in the middle of my lineup and to see Kyle Seager's rating jump up to a well-deserved 86. 

But the beauty of these saves lie in the world of baseball you've already created: Road to the Show. 

Are you a 93 rated left fielder modeled ofter CarGo? Sweet, you can pick up where you left off. About to start Game 7 of the 2014 World Series? MLB 15 has got you covered. I could go on forever.

RttS is a mode that takes a peculiar amount of dedication. And to punish those who put forth the time each season by making them start anew? Nah, that was wrong. The up to date rosters don't hold as much weight here as they do in franchise because this is a virtual world you've created. It allows you to hold onto that separation without losing the love for the game. 

I booted up my 83 overall starting pitcher. I'm holding the fourth spot in Cleveland's rotation. It was awesome to see Knight's rosters carry over in RttS as well. My player grew up with these farm system, so there's a small amount of attachment for each of those players who I suited up with.

All in all, year-to-year saves are a welcome addition to MLB 15 The Show. Each and every other sports game -- calling out ALL OF THEM -- should follow suit.

Have you tried out the Year-to-Year Saves feature yet?

MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MAGboyswifT27 @ 04/01/15 12:26 PM
I really like this and as it states in this post, every other sports franchise should do this as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.