Home
Feature Article
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (5/25/15)

We may or may not get a roster update tomorrow as it's Memorial Day weekend in the States. But whether the update comes Monday or Tuesday, it's time to predict who may be on the rise in the next roster update.

I'll be breaking the predictions into tiers based on my own confidence level.

Ratings Boost Probability: High

-Jason Kipnis - He got a plus-one boost last week, but he's done nothing but continue to hit.

-Ryan Braun - He was stripped of Gold status earlier in the year, but not many players have hit the ball better than Braun the past month.

-Kris Bryant - Bryant got a plus-two boost last week, but I still feel confident projecting him to get another upgrade.

Prince Fielder - Fielder is back and healthy and he's been annihilating the ball as of late.

-Brandon Crawford - This is probably a little overdue as Crawford is hitting .350 the last month.

-Dexter Fowler - Fowler just has a good mix of power and speed going this year.

-Brandon Belt - Belt is crushing the ball in May, and it seems maybe he's putting it together.

-Shelby Miller - Miller had the near no-hitter and has just been really good. Based on his price in the marketplace, most others think he's getting a boost as well. 

-A.J. Burnett - Burnett is another one people in the marketplace are already expecting to get a ratings boost. It's fair at this point, his numbers are silly.

-Jason Hammel - Hammel has just been really good this year, and even better over the past month.

-Mike Bolsinger - Bolsinger is rolling. He's 27 and not a hot-shot prospect, but I would still be a little surprised if he doesn't get a boost.

-James Paxton - Paxton is just having a solid year. This is maybe the one I feel least confident about in this category, but he still seems like a solid candidate for a boost.

Ratings Boost Probability: Moderate

-Bryce Harper - He probably deserves a boost every week until he reaches Diamond status, but since he just received a boost last week it's hard to feel 100 percent certain he'll get boosted again. 

-Nelson Cruz - Again, it's fair to say Cruz could keep getting boosts because he keeps destroying the ball, but not sure what his ceiling is. He didn't get a boost last week though so it's very possible he gets one this week.

-Freddy Galvis - He's been hitting all year, he probably deserves an increase at this point.

-Nick Martinez - Folks still are not buying into Nick Martinez, but it's probably fair to give him a ratings boost by now.

-Jimmy Paredes - Another guy people don't want to buy into, but his stats are outstanding.

-Jacob deGrom - Folks in the marketplace are assuming he will be upgraded this week, and it's fair if he is, but I'm not as bullish on deGrom getting an uptick.

-Drew Storen - I'm never sure when you should upgrade a reliever but Storen has been very good.

-Brad Boxberger - The same goes for Boxberger.

-Santiago Casilla - Casilla is another quality reliever as of late.

-Brian Dozier - I have felt Dozier deserves to be a Gold for a couple weeks now, so I'm going to keep beating the drum here.

-A.J. Pollock - A young player who is in the middle of a hot streak. It feels like a recipe for an upgrade. 

Ratings Boost Probability: Low

-Ryan Howard - I know, I can't believe I'm saying it at all, but Howard has been shredding since an awful April.

-Zach Britton - Another one of those closers where he's pitching well, I just don't know if he will get a boost.

-Kendrys Morales - Morales has been really good, especially in May, but he's older so I'm only so bullish.

-Garrett Richards - His last start was not great, but Richards has been solid since returning this year. 

-Danny Salazar - Salazar actually has some insane stats this year, his K/BB ratio is through the roof, but he keeps giving up home runs. He finally avoided them in his last start, and I think he will get an upgrade -- just not sure if this is the week.  

-Corey Kluber - Kluber got a plus-one last week, but he's still had some amazing starts lately so maybe could get another increase.

-Michael Brantley - Sticking with the Indians, Brantley gets the nod here just because every time he swings it seems like he makes solid contact.

MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MrOldboy @ 05/25/15 02:09 AM
Fowler's contact numbers this year have been mediocre and if anything he might deserve a slight drop vs LHP contact. His slugging isn't so far over his 2014 numbers that I think they'd raise his ratings much in the power department.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.