Home
Feature Article
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (7-27-15)

Players On The Rise

This ended up being a very mild week for changes. Nobody jumped to Gold status, and only four players jumped up to Silver -- and Collmenter only got there via a position swap. 

Noah Syndergaard and Andrew Heaney are two young starters who got healthy boosts to Silver status. Kyle Hendricks (+10) and Brandon Finnegan (+13), two other young starters, became strong Bronze pitchers with their upgrades.

The only other player of note was Rougned Odor. He has put together a really nice month of July and has been rewarded with a boost to Silver status as well. 

Tier Changes

(All thanks go to Daddy Leagues for these numbers! They're so on the ball I no longer have to sync up before and after roster update video clips to do all the changes myself.)

• Brandon Finnegan went from Common to Bronze
  • Cody Anderson went from Common to Bronze
  • Andrew Heaney went from Bronze to Silver
  • Rougned Odor went from Bronze to Silver
  • Drew Pomeranz went from Common to Bronze
  • Noah Syndergaard went from Bronze to Silver
  • Tim Cooney went from Common to Bronze
  • Kyle Hendricks went from Common to Bronze
  • Josh Collmenter went from Bronze to Silver
Full List Of Changes

Brandon Finnegan +13 boost in Overall rating (74 Overall)
Nick Castellanos +2 (72)
Cody Anderson +7 (69)
Andrew Heaney +6 (78)
Rougned Odor +3 (80) -- +5 Pwr vs. R / +3 Pwr vs. L
Drew Pomeranz +4 (71)
Noah Syndergaard +7 (82)
Mike Foltynewicz +4 (76)
Jake Brigham +5 (68)
Cesar Hernandez +3 (75) -- +16 Con vs. L
Tim Cooney +6 (73)
Nick Greenwood +4 (61)
Kyle Hendricks +10 (76)
Travis Wood +5 (76)
Juan Nicasio +5 (68)
Josh Collmenter +5 (80)

Players On The Decline

The Tigers rotation got dinged up this week with Shane Greene and Justin Verlander both being downgraded. Beyond the Tigers, Jorge Soler and Marcell Ozuna are two young outfielders who were downgraded to Bronze this week.

Ian Desmond continued his downward trend on the season as he lost another five points from his overall this week. And lastly, Bartolo Colon was a minus-three on the week, but somehow I don't think Colon will be too hung up on it. 

Tier Changes
  • Shane Greene went from Silver to Bronze
  • Gordon Beckham went from Bronze to Common
  • Roberto H. Hernandez went from Bronze to Common
  • Marcell Ozuna went from Silver to Bronze
  • Rafael Soriano went from Silver to Bronze
  • Jorge Soler went from Silver to Bronze
  • Ryan Vogelsong went from Silver to Bronze
Full List Of Changes

Brock Holt -2 (72)
Justin Verlander -5 (79)
Shane Greene -4 (76)
Gordon Beckham -3 (68)
Nick Tropeano -5 (62)
Roberto H. Hernandez -5 (66)
Wandy Rodriguez -6 (69)
Anthony Ranaudo +5 (68)
Arnold Leon -4 (63)
Tanner Roark -4 (80)
Ian Desmond -5 (79) -- -7 Con vs. R / -6 Con vs. L / -4 Pwr vs. R / -3 Pwr vs. L
Bartolo Colon -3 (79)
Ross Detwiler -4 (71)
Marcell Ozuna -3 (75) -- -12 Con vs. R / -2 Con vs. L / -10 Pwr vs. R / -10 Pwr vs. L
Randal Grichuk -4 (71)
Rafael Soriano -1 (77)
Jorge Soler -5 (75) -- -10 Con vs. R / -18 Con vs. L / -2 Pwr vs. R / -9 Pwr vs. L
Dylan Axelrod -5 (58)
Pedro Villarreal -1 (54)
Matt Garza -1 (78)
Hernan Perez -4 (57)
Ryan Vogelsong -5 (73)

Market Changes

There were three Cooperstown-related packs that went up this weekend.

Ratings Boost Prediction Results

I went 1/8 for this week! Go me! Rougned Odor was the only correct player I hit on this week. In fact, Randal Grichuk, a player I predicted would be upgraded actually received a downgrade, which has to be a first for the predictions. However, he was only downgraded because of a position swap, not because his ratings became any worse.

I'll just have to try and bounce back next week.

New Players

There are 8 new players in Diamond Dynasty this week that will impact Collections:

• Kris Medlen (KC)
  • John Lamb (KC)
  • Frankie Montas (CWS)
  • Aaron Nola (PHI)
  • Stephen Piscotty (STL)
  • Zach Lee (LAD)
  • Chin Hui Tsao (LAD)
  • Josh Osich (SF)

MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 redsox4evur @ 07/27/15 11:26 AM
So Kazmir doesn't affect the Astros collection? Because on the market he is no longer listed under A's obviously and under Astros. Sorry for the newb question I just started playing DD this year. And I was wondering if I would need Cueto for the Reds Collection where he just got traded to the Royals.

# 2 Beat LA @ 07/27/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
So Kazmir doesn't affect the Astros collection? Because on the market he is no longer listed under A's obviously and under Astros. Sorry for the newb question I just started playing DD this year. And I was wondering if I would need Cueto for the Reds Collection where he just got traded to the Royals.
If you haven't already completed the Astros collection, then yes, you do need Kazmir to complete it. Cueto did get traded to the Royals, but I guess it was too late for the update, and he's still listed with the Reds. It will be another week until he's moved over to the KC collection.

# 3 AceTheMAKER @ 07/27/15 12:22 PM
i was thinking that Degrom would get another upgrade guess i was wrong.

# 4 AvengedAgainst @ 07/27/15 12:39 PM
Grichuk went down??? He's been raking lately

# 5 AvengedAgainst @ 07/27/15 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedAgainst
Sorry for double post, didn't read the last paragraph.

# 6 Baseballking888 @ 07/27/15 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedAgainst
His attributes are still the same. Sometimes the player overalls change since certain positions are weighted differently than others.

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't see your second post.

# 7 BigDaddyRev @ 07/27/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Is this true ? I can only find one story and not very reputable. The Royals trade is what I mean

# 8 redsox4evur @ 07/27/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRev
Is this true ? I can only find one story and not very reputable. The Royals trade is what I mean
I have no idea I was asking. But Beat LA said yea it was.

# 9 Gambit1193 @ 07/27/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTheMAKER
i was thinking that Degrom would get another upgrade guess i was wrong.
He'll be diamond or close to it for the big update.

# 10 ChaseB @ 07/27/15 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Jeff Francoeur should get a boost.
As much as it pains me I guess I wouldn't mind. He's got a 109 wRC even with a sub .300 OBP.

# 11 ChaseB @ 07/28/15 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmisener20
If any of you really still think this "big update" is coming your more naive than my little neice. I love the DD game mode (when it's actually working) because before this past week 75% of my games ended in a freeze or error. But these developers are the biggest crooks I've ever seen. Every single pack is ****, and not even close to worth the stubs they cost. Tons of players have needed adjustments for MONTHS. And I don't wana hear anyone say, "oh you should be thankful they even respond or update". That's BS. For a game mode like this where some people pay actual CASH to improve their team you're damn right they have to respond. I can tell you I will not be buying this game next year unless someone else runs it. Also, this operation sports sites interface in garage on a mobile phone.
Holy hyperbole going on here tmisener. Except for the part about our site being bad on mobile, I totes agree there.

# 12 Orange Krush @ 07/28/15 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmisener20
If any of you really still think this "big update" is coming your more naive than my little neice. I love the DD game mode (when it's actually working) because before this past week 75% of my games ended in a freeze or error. But these developers are the biggest crooks I've ever seen. Every single pack is ****, and not even close to worth the stubs they cost. Tons of players have needed adjustments for MONTHS. And I don't wana hear anyone say, "oh you should be thankful they even respond or update". That's BS. For a game mode like this where some people pay actual CASH to improve their team you're damn right they have to respond. I can tell you I will not be buying this game next year unless someone else runs it. Also, this operation sports sites interface in garage on a mobile phone.
Have you plays any of the EA ultimate team modes? Doesn't sound like it from this post. DD is leagies better in my opinion. There was also an administrator over on the show's forums that said that the large update is still coming last week. It probably takes a long time to fully re-evaluate every player in the game.

# 13 redsox4evur @ 07/28/15 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
Have you plays any of the EA ultimate team modes? Doesn't sound like it from this post. DD is leagies better in my opinion. There was also an administrator over on the show's forums that said that the large update is still coming last week. It probably takes a long time to fully re-evaluate every player in the game.
I just started playing a couple of days ago and have never touched the UTs from EA or MyTeam from 2K but I hate them because of the contracts. If I want to play with a fully 99 rated team all the time let me. So that's one thing The Show has over them. Also I like that there aren't 10 different versions of one player that makes getting collections so hard because this guy was in a pack 5 months ago right when the game came out and you can't get unless you pay 10 million currency for him. So that's another I love.

# 14 thescottyglasgow @ 07/28/15 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
It's not coming. They also said at e3 it was coming out all star weekend and it's been almost a month since then. I'm with the guy that went a little nuts above me, this big update is never happening. People need to just accept it.
Yup I agree no big update. I really feel bad for the people who bought the game for half price a couple weeks ago now expecting there to be a big update and they will not get one they already missed them and they have been had.

# 15 romeischillin @ 07/28/15 12:31 PM
Um, the All-Star game was 2 weeks ago... and if they say they're working on it, then they're working on it... The Big Update is not Detox... it will eventually come out... hopefully after the trade deadline but who knows... either way if it doesn't come I'd like to see more updates like last weeks vs what we got this week and the two weeks prior, but yeah next week we'll see Cueto in KC, Uribe, Johnson & Clippard w/NYM, Reyes in COL and Tulo in Tdot

# 16 thescottyglasgow @ 07/29/15 08:06 AM
Will they ever learn to stop decreasing Nelson Cruz?!?! They always try to decrease him. I guess they think all of a sudden he is going to fall off the cliff and every time they look like idiots.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.