Home
Feature Article
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (8-3-15)

Players On The Rise

On the Gold front this week, Carlos Gonzalez regained his Gold status after losing it a couple months back. He's now officially a monster against right-handed pitching but still a platoon candidate overall if you're looking to keep a stacked team. Scott Kazmir has put in work all year, and after a couple really good starts with the Astros he's now been bumped up to Gold as well.

Catchers received some of the biggest upgrades this week: Curt Casali is a plus-13 this week; J.T. Realmuto is a plus-seven this week; James McCann is a plus-nine this week; and Roberto Perez is a plus-six this week.

Jacob deGrom is in the midst of a would-be Cy Young-type year if Zack Greinke did not exist, and he also received a boost, which cements his Gold status. A couple other overdue upgrades were given to Xander Bogaerts (now a Silver), Mark Teixeira (boosted power) and Lance McCullers (now a Silver).

Some big names like Robinson Cano, Anthony Rendon, Chris Davis and Ben Zobrist all got upgraded as well this week. However, only Cano actually got a ratings boost, the others got bumped up due to position swaps.

Finally, one last reminder about Carlos Gonzalez: Since he is an 86 again, he is now needed for the Colorado Rockies Collection.

Tier Changes

(All thanks go to Daddy Leagues for these numbers! They're so on the ball I no longer have to sync up before and after roster update video clips to do all the changes myself.)

• Adam Warren went from Bronze to Silver
  • Curt Casali went from Common to Bronze
  • Xander Bogaerts went from Bronze to Silver
  • Brock Holt went from Bronze to Silver
  • James McCann went from Common to Bronze
  • Roberto Perez went from Common to Bronze
  • Scott Kazmir went from Silver to Gold
  • Lance McCullers went from Bronze to Silver
  • Roberto H. Hernandez went from Common to Bronze
  • J.T. Realmuto went from Common to Bronze
  • Brad Ziegler went from Bronze to Silver
  • Carlos Gonzalez went from Silver to Gold
  • D.J. LeMahieu went from Bronze to Silver

Full List Of Changes

Adam Warren +6 boost in Overall rating (78 Overall)
Mark Teixeira +2 (84) -- +9 Con vs. R / -12 Con vs. L / +5 Pwr vs. R
Chris Capuano +4 (76)
Chris Davis +4 (84)
Bud Norris +4 (76)
Curt Casali +13 (74) -- +15 Con vs. R / +18 Con vs. L / +27 Pwr vs. R / +40 Pwr vs. L
Jackie Bradley Jr. +3 (65)
Xander Bogaerts +3 (80) -- +7 Con vs. R / +9 Con vs. L
Brock Holt +7 (79)
Ben Zobrist +5 (84)
Miguel Sano +5 (77)
James McCann +9 (71)
Roberto Perez +6 (70) -- -8 Con vs. R / -9 Con vs. L / +25 Pwr vs. R / +2 Pwr vs. L
Scott Kazmir +2 (86)
Lance McCullers +8 (81)
Colby Rasmus +4 (74)
Roberto H. Hernandez +5 (71)
Nick Tropeano +5 (67)
Robinson Cano +1 (89) -- +1 Pwr vs. R
Edward Mujica +1 (76)
Arnold Leon +4 (67)
Anthony Rendon +3 (89)
Sammy Solis +4 (68)
Jacob deGrom +2 (89)
Michael Cuddyer +1 (81)
Kelly Johnson +4 (74)
Hansel Robles +4 (65)
Chris Johnson +2 (76) 
Arodys Vizcaino +2 (62)
J.T. Realmuto +7 (73) -- +8 Con vs. R / +16 Con vs. L / +12 Pwr vs. R / +17 Pwr vs. L
Brandon Moss +1 (79)
Stephen Piscotty +4 (68)
Dylan Axelrod +5 (63)
Taylor Jungmann +6 (75)
Yasmani Grandal +2 (82) -- +13 Pwr vs. R
Brad Ziegler +3 (79)
Carlos Gonzalez +5 (86) -- +15 Con vs. R / +15 Pwr vs. R
D.J. LeMahieu +3 (78) -- +2 Con vs. R / +3 Con vs. L / +7 Pwr vs. R
Yohan Flande +4 (65)

Players On The Decline

Whenever the cover athlete gets downgraded, of course that has to lead! Yasiel Puig has recently come out of his slump, but he still lost some points this week. Beyond Puig, the other major news is that James Shields dropped from Gold to Silver status.

Most of the tier changes that went down this week were more because of position swaps than rating downgrades. The Blue Jays, for example, had to shuffle some things around following their trades, and that means Ben Revere moved to left field and Aaron Sanchez went to the bullpen.

Other big names that were downgraded this week include Anthony Rizzo (downgraded from the right side), Kolten Wong (contact from both sides) and Jordan Zimmermann. In addition, much like on the positive side of things, catchers (Carlos Ruiz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia) received some of the biggest downgrades this week.

Tier Changes
  • Aaron Sanchez went from Silver to Bronze
  • Ben Revere went from Silver to Bronze
  • Justin Masterson went from Silver to Bronze
  • Chris Young went from Silver to Bronze
  • Brian Duensing went from Bronze to Common
  • Jed Lowrie went from Silver to Bronze
  • Drew Pomeranz went from Bronze to Common
  • Jeanmar Gomez went from Bronze to Common
  • Hector Rondon went from Bronze to Silver
  • Everth Cabrera went from Silver to Bronze
  • James Shields went from Gold to Silver
  • Jarrod Saltalamacchia went from Silver to Bronze
  • Gonzalez German went from Bronze to Common
Full List Of Changes

Mike Wright -5 (59)
Aaron Sanchez -4 (77)
Ben Revere -6 (74)
Liam Hendriks -2 (58)
Chris Young -5 (75)
Brian Duensing -1 (68)
Rajai Davis -2 (79)
Shane Greene -6 (70)
Tyler Holt -4 (56)
Jed Lowrie -1 (78)
Scott Feldman -4 (72)
Shane Victorino -1 (76)
Daniel Robertson -1 (59)
Felix Hernandez -1 (96)
Sam Fuld -4 (71)
Drew Pomeranz -4 (67)
Jordan Zimmermann -2 (86)
Drew Storen -1 (83)
Tyler Moore -1 (66)
Tyler Clippard -2 (81)
Curtis Granderson -2 (79)
Wilmer Flores -3 (71)
Eury Perez -1 (52)
Martin Prado -1 (79)
Andre Rienzo -4 (59)
Cole Gillespie -2 (56)
Carlos Ruiz -5 (78) -- -21 Con vs. R / -13 Pwr vs. R
Jerome Williams -3 (69)
Jeanmar Gomez -6 (64)
Kolten Wong -1 (85) -- -2 Con vs. R / -7 Con vs. L
Joakim Soria -2 (81)
Anthony Rizzo -2 (90) -- -5 Con vs. R / -7 Pwr vs. R
Jason Motte -1 (74)
Travis Wood -5 (71)
Tyler Thornburg -5 (71)
Yasiel Puig -2 (88) -- -9 Con vs. R / -3 Con vs. L / -6 Pwr vs. R / +7 Pwr vs. L
Bronson Arroyo -1 (78)
Jim Johnson -2 (69)
Juan Nicasio -4 (64)
Yusmeiro Petit -1 (79)
Everth Cabrera -8 (73) -- -15 Con vs. R / -15 Con vs. L / -6 Pwr vs. R / -6 Pwr vs. L
James Shields -2 (84)
Jarrod Saltalamacchia -6 (72) -- -15 Con vs. R / -16 Pwr vs. R / -7 Pwr vs. L
Gonzalez German -5 (67)

Market Changes

There was the Trades & Rumors pack over the weekend.

Ratings Boost Prediction Results

Let's see how I did on my predictions this week (and as always come back over the weekend for next week's predictions):

-From the High Probability section I went: (3/5)

Not a bad showing here. I felt very confident in Carlos Gonzalez going back up, and also felt like it was long overdue for Teixeira and Kazmir to get bumped up. Carlos Correa is a rookie so the developers are giving him the cold shoulder perhaps, and Leake was just traded so maybe he's in limbo until he shows how he does with the Giants.

-From the Moderate Probability section I went: (1/5)

The developers were able to look past CarGo's early-season struggles, but they are not ready to forgive Melky Cabrera or Adam Eaton just yet it seems. Chris Heston has pitched well, but he's a low-stuff guy so maybe he's not getting noticed too much. And then Danny Salazar was more speculative on my part as my thinking was just that his numbers are normalizing after an unfair number of home runs earlier in the season. I did hit on deGrom at least!

-From the Low Probability section I went: (1/6)

Okay, you know, one is better than none I suppose. I hit on D.J. LeMahieu -- he was only in this section because he got bumped down in the batting order due to the Jose Reyes acquisition, but he deserved to be bumped up either way. Otherwise I missed on Nelson Cruz, Randal Grichuk, Eric Hosmer, Chris Tillman (another rejuvination candidate) and Jung Ho Kang. Kang is the only one I'm a bit upset about because he's really been hitting the ball well in the short and long term as a rookie. 

New Players

There are 6 new players in Diamond Dynasty this week that will impact Collections:

• Nick Goody (NYY)
  • Jose A. Valdez (DET)
  • Michael Conforto (NYM)
  • Cord Phelps (PHI)
  • Keyvius Sampson (CIN)
  • Aaron Laffey (COL)

MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jros22 @ 08/03/15 02:14 PM
Incredible Carlos Correa not updated again.

# 2 ChaseB @ 08/03/15 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
Incredible Carlos Correa not updated again.
Yeah no bump to Correa or Kang leaves SS feeling a bit light still.

# 3 Twinkie12 @ 08/03/15 03:06 PM
Is Rizzo going down a surprise? I haven't followed him closely the last few weeks but I know he was crushing early on and now still has pretty good overall numbers.

# 4 ChaseB @ 08/03/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie12
Is Rizzo going down a surprise? I haven't followed him closely the last few weeks but I know he was crushing early on and now still has pretty good overall numbers.
I mean his numbers against right handers have fallen considerably. He's tricky because he arguably hits lefties better the last two years, but he was SO BAD against them before that so it's still maybe a sample size issue. His numbers are still really good overall though, yes.

# 5 cnemergut @ 08/03/15 04:16 PM
I can't believe the hitting boost they gave JT Realmuto and still refuse to touch Carlos Correa.

# 6 ZB9 @ 08/03/15 07:14 PM
Mitch Moreland should be a silver.

# 7 Jros22 @ 08/03/15 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah no bump to Correa or Kang leaves SS feeling a bit light still.
Correa's slash line is:
.299/.348/.567

His numbers over a 162 game stretch are:

.299 41 HR 110 RBI

He has played only 47 games and is already 1st in HR in the American League by Shortstops leading by 3 HR and is 4th in all MLB, the leader has 17 merely 5 more in 102 games.

We are talking about a #1 Pick producing as expected not a career minor leaguer having a dream season, doing it batting 3rd on a team expecting a lot of him to help them make the playoffs and yet other rookies has been updated and not Correa.

# 8 ChaseB @ 08/04/15 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
Correa's slash line is:
.299/.348/.567

His numbers over a 162 game stretch are:

.299 41 HR 110 RBI

He has played only 47 games and is already 1st in HR in the American League by Shortstops leading by 3 HR and is 4th in all MLB, the leader has 17 merely 5 more in 102 games.

We are talking about a #1 Pick producing as expected not a career minor leaguer having a dream season, doing it batting 3rd on a team expecting a lot of him to help them make the playoffs and yet other rookies has been updated and not Correa.
Hey man, you don't need to preach to me. I've been hyping him up every chance I get! But I do like the work done here, good stuff.

# 9 RevisIsland24 @ 08/04/15 01:07 AM
Why isn't deGrom, at least, a 92? He's been lights outs.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.